ADVERTISEMENT

Worst case: we win 9 games and Dana stays

WVUDisciples

All-Conference
Dec 28, 2002
Otherwise, he's gone. If he wins 10 with this loaded roster then somebody hires him away. If he wins 8 with the loaded roster then our boosters will demand a change and we will use that Big 12 38 million/year to pay off his contract.

The WORST case scenario is he wins 9 games. Too many to fire him but too few for him to be hired away. Then we enter into 2019 with 2/3 of our starters gone , staring hard at 6-6/7-5 and a repeat of this crappy year.

I'd rather win 9 games as opposed to winning less than 9. You are essentially saying you hope we lose because you don't like a coach.

BTW, if another school decides they want him, it won't make a difference if he wins 9 vs 10 games. There is already a large enough sample size.

IMO he is only hired away if he wins the Big XII. No programs bigger than us wants a coach who has never won their conference. Otherwise any competing offers will come from programs that also face an uphill battle and I don’t think DH is in a rush to get out of here for the sake of simply going somewhere else, if a suitor comes calling I believe he wants a major opportunity, not a basketball school with big pockets trying out the whole football thing, or a big name SEC school that can’t get out of Bama, Auburn and LSU’s shadow.

IMO he is only hired away if he wins the Big XII. No programs bigger than us wants a coach who has never won their conference. Otherwise any competing offers will come from programs that also face an uphill battle and I don’t think DH is in a rush to get out of here for the sake of simply going somewhere else, if a suitor comes calling I believe he wants a major opportunity, not a basketball school with big pockets trying out the whole football thing, or a big name SEC school that can’t get out of Bama, Auburn and LSU’s shadow.

If has a 9 win season next year and even a lateral move program ( UL, NCSt, Arizona, VT) comes along with 5 years guaranteed then he will leave. Our 2019 team will be a huge test for our program and potentially set back his resume at least a few years (or in other words the rest of his existing contract). If he doesn't leave after next year, then he'll stay until he's fired.

Reactions: WVUDisciples
If has a 9 win season next year and even a lateral move program ( UL, NCSt, Arizona, VT) comes along with 5 years guaranteed then he will leave. Our 2019 team will be a huge test for our program and potentially set back his resume at least a few years (or in other words the rest of his existing contract). If he doesn't leave after next year, then he'll stay until he's fired.

If he wins 10 games but no Big XII title we will extend him, especially if he is drawing interest from some peer programs. It’s never a good look to let your coach make a lateral move.

he's a qb injury away from 1-12. but let's hope that doesn't happen. if injury free, we have talent for 11 wins and coaching for 9. so, i predict 9 wins and an ecstatic fan base.

Reactions: Rootmaster
If he wins 10 games but no Big XII title we will extend him, especially if he is drawing interest from some peer programs. It’s never a good look to let your coach make a lateral move.

Agreed. 9 wins and we won’t care.

Holgerson is a good coach but he does need to make a few changes with play calling and strength and conditioning. He needs to get this team to play physical.

I heard Tony caridi say there was a rift between grier and the tailbacks. Anyone know anything about this? Dana needs to stop this in its tracks.

People like you want a new coach, but who are we going to get?
Nobody, not a soul. Not one coach in the history of ever wanted to come here. Matter of fact, I don’t think we even had football before Saint Dana got here and we certainly won’t have one after he’s gone. Might as well drop to our knees and praise the heavens for allowing him to grace our presence while we prepare to shut down the program after his inevitable Hall of Fame induction.
We need constant top 15-20 recruiting or we won't compete for a big12 title!
Oklahoma St, Kansas St, Baylor, and TCU weren’t getting constant classes of that level when they won the conference.

You are an internet dummy. And I guarantee you’re a punk in ‘real life’. Chump

Haha...wow you are really intelligent!! A punk in real life...did you come up with that all by your self, or did one of your goody friends help you with that? The only uneducated punk is you my friend.

Then there is no hope according to you lol!

You're is the word. Thought I would help you out a bit.

Should be yourself. Once again, thought I could help.

Then again, perhaps you are just showing your level of education? Just saying.

Degree is from JMU and I'm typing on a phone, so there you go.

Wvu21795 is sitting in a lazi boy, eating celery sticks, googling something tough to say

Then there is no hope according to you lol!

You're is the word. Thought I would help you out a bit.

Should be yourself. Once again, thought I could help.

Then again, perhaps you are just showing your level of education? Just saying.

Just saying.....where did you play bud??? That' what I thought so shut your hole.

I have forgotten more about football then you will ever know! So sick of people calling for Holgerson job when they don't have a clue.
Your a dbag moron chump.....what are you 10?

Dumbo, it’s “you’re”

You are so lame. Needed this laugh.

And what exactly have they done? You do realize we beat them quite often? So you’d be happy switching places with ISU?

They have a new coach and they did something this year that we have never done (beat TCU and OK in the same year) with far inferior talent.

The fact that they have been a doormat for years just reinforces my argument. We have enough talent to compete each and every year.

And what exactly have they done? You do realize we beat them quite often? So you’d be happy switching places with ISU?

They have a new coach and they did something this year that we have never done (beat TCU and OK in the same year) with far inferior talent.

The fact that they have been a doormat for years just reinforces my argument. We have enough talent to compete each and every year.
I agree with you, I just don’t get how people can point to Iowa State when we’ve owned them. I believe our players have let OU in their head. They are too concerned with talking shit and late hits, then with executing he game plan.

Otherwise, he's gone. If he wins 10 with this loaded roster then somebody hires him away. If he wins 8 with the loaded roster then our boosters will demand a change and we will use that Big 12 38 million/year to pay off his contract.

The WORST case scenario is he wins 9 games. Too many to fire him but too few for him to be hired away. Then we enter into 2019 with 2/3 of our starters gone , staring hard at 6-6/7-5 and a repeat of this crappy year.
A perfect example of the idiocy demonstrated frequently by some of the retards on this board.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
People like you want a new coach, but who are we going to get? We need constant top 15-20 recruiting or we won't compete for a big12 title!
In the time we have been in the big 12 TCU and Baylor were co champions and K State won the conference in 2012. Not one of these schools gets consistant top 15-20 recruiting classes. Tcu won a share of the title with a roster of seniors recruited to play in the Mountain west.

Reactions: WVUDisciples
Again....on a phone....is that all you got...are you like the grammar police? Obviously because you don' know jack about fball

What phone doesn't have an "'" option on its keyboard? You should stop advertising "you're" lack of education and just be "quite". Leave him alone wvpaper, it's like picking on the weak kid at school.

Actually Iowa State has pretty good talent on their team, mainly in the senior class. Lazard, Butler, Montgomery (underclassmen), Cotton Moya, Lanning, and Campos will all be NFL players.

The Cyclones will likely be taking a significant step backwards next year. They are losing almost all their starters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT