ADVERTISEMENT

Worley released

That happens when you're a 3rd round pick and do something not too smart. He will probably get signed by another team (well maybe), but that's strike one and it put $678,000 in jeopardy. Better wake up or that money train gets derailed.

To quote Ron White, "You can't fix Stupid!" I was listening to Carl Lee-former NFL All Pro and 11 year vet- on my drive home. The show host ask Carl if he thinks Worley will get another shot. His comment was "No I don't believe he will cause he's not worth the trouble. Had he been, Carolina wouldn't have ever traded him."

Worley's saving grace is the Bengals will give Everyone a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th etc. chance as long as Marvin Lewis is there. Steve Howe would have never been kicked out of baseball had the Bengals been Cincinnatti's baseball team. This may explain Cincinnati not winning one playoff game under Lewis.

According to SI, 70% of NFL players are broke or in financial distress 2 years out of ball. Mr Worley is headed towards being a part of that. His next job won't give him 10% of the salary he's been making. These guys just never learn.

It’s just amazing how these idiots just can’t stay out of trouble. God given talents allowing them to make money playing a game we love and most of us can only dream about, and they can’t stay away from trouble. How hard is it to NOT rob a convenience store, NOT beat your woman, NOT take drugs, etc. Stupid kid.

Most of it is that they can't get away from the environment that they grew up in. After college the low lifes that they hung around with in HS are the clingons that come back and are looking for the free ride. They just can't get away from it. It's the same way with the money. The environment they were use to said when you have money, you flaunt it and spend it instead of putting it away for better use.

ADVERTISEMENT