ADVERTISEMENT

With football season now upon us.....

COOL MAN

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
.......in both the colleges AND the pros, I read something interesting this morning in doing a little Web research on Lambeau Field, the site for today's game between LSU and Wisconsin, which SHOULD be a pretty decent game. GameDay was in Green Bay today and they showed an aerial view of Lambeau, and I saw the huge video board and the associated corner upper deck seats for the first time.

Imagine then my surprise when I learned those have been in place since 2013. Given the frequency which the Packers are nationally televised these days, that proves how little relative interest I have in that team (or the NFL Central, for that matter). Anyway, I guess Lambeau (81K+) now has a larger apacity than Camp Randall (80K+) in Madison.

Back to the reason I'm posting here, the Packers are one of only four (4) NFL teams who have NEVER had a home game blacked out since the NFL instituted their current home blackout rules (which I assume was back in the 70s) along with the Redskins, Broncos, and Steelers.

ADVERTISEMENT