ADVERTISEMENT

With 5 games left..

4everloyal

All-Conference
Jun 17, 2001
Charleston
and as of now, #’s 7 and 9 still on the schedule, I feel we can reach the top four if we win out and win conf championship. We’ve gotta fix a few things though for sure. Stranger things have happened though..

Notre Dame will have shot at #4 before WVU does.

Notre Dame has left...
Navy 2-4
North Western 3-3
Florida State 3-3
Syracuse 4-2
USC 4-2

If you think they are dropping down because of who they have left on schedule, it's not happening. Media has been dying for ND to get in.

and as of now, #’s 7 and 9 still on the schedule, I feel we can reach the top four if we win out and win conf championship. We’ve gotta fix a few things though for sure. Stranger things have happened though..

Even if our offense plays the rest of its games like the second half of the Tennessee game or the first quarter of the TTU game, I think the defense has proven that even at its best it is a liability. I doubt WVU gets past Texas or OU without getting the benefit of self inflicted wounds on the part of the opposition and that is assuming WVU stops shooting itself in the foot. I highly doubt the latter given the last few years of Mountaineer football.

It can happen and would be great. To make the top 4 we have to take care of our business, need some chaos ahead of us and for Texas and Ok to finish strong. So no worries

With 5 games left, we are capable of winning out. However, to do so, we have to play flawlessly and the play calling has to improve significantly. It is a shame we have a few of our injuries. It also would not surprise me if we beat Baylor and lose the rest. With all of that said, my most probable prediction is we lose to Texas and Oklahoma and win the rest, to finish 8-3.

I really won’t worry about what other teams do until the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Notre Dame will have shot at #4 before WVU does.

Notre Dame has left...
Navy 2-4
North Western 3-3
Florida State 3-3
Syracuse 4-2
USC 4-2

If you think they are dropping down because of who they have left on schedule, it's not happening. Media has been dying for ND to get in.

Media has been dying to get ND in?

ND's BCS Championship game against Bama had horrible ratings.
Every single major bowl game ND has played in does as well.

This is not the ND of our childhood.
Everyone who grew up in the 60's and 70's loved or hated ND.
But they paid attention to them.

ESPN is banking on ND winning out so they are promoting them.
But they always put the disclaimer If ND loses they could have issues because they don't play a championship game.

Reason for this is that ESPN wants ND as a full member of the ACC
If they can use this as leverage trust and believe they will.

With 5 games left, we are capable of winning out. However, to do so, we have to play flawlessly and the play calling has to improve significantly. It is a shame we have a few of our injuries. It also would not surprise me if we beat Baylor and lose the rest. With all of that said, my most probable prediction is we lose to Texas and Oklahoma and win the rest, to finish 8-3.

I really won’t worry about what other teams do until the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Maybe my expectations are too low, but I would love to call the Mountaineers the Big 12 champions. If this is possible, it would greatly depend on the championship paths of Alabama, OSU, ND, and Clemson.

"Aghhh Playoffs??? Don't talk about Playoffs!!! You kidding me???? I just hope we can win a game!!!"- Jim Mora Sr, the good Jim Mora coach

How about WVU just beat Oklahoma just once before any mention of the Big XII Championship or a playoff appearance?

Better yet given the lack of performance in the last road test, have good sound fundamentals vs Baylor and put it together for 4 qtrs.

This playoff obsession is silly and immature. In 125+ years of football WVU would qualified what 3-4 times in a 4 team playoff, why concern yourself yearly? It is like buying tickets to the Final 4 in basketball.

For 2018, the playoffs is Alabama, 1 B1G school (espn hopes it is Ohio State or Meat Chicken), probably an ACC school/Notre Dame, and school XYZ for the playoffs (the annual dream here is USC-not gonna happen this year with their current HBC)

This playoff setup is totally about ratings. Espn overpaid for this mess big time and they got to get the best TV draws they can. TV draws ain't WVU. WVU ain't getting in unless ESPN can't keep them out for on the field dominance reasons which WVU already took care of.

Enjoy the rest of our season as best we can. Go Mountaineers & long live ball!

Reactions: GoWVU and lenny4wvu
Baylor and Matt Rhule want to play the game in a phone booth.
Very similar to Iowa St.
Teams like Oklahoma, Oklahoma St and WV want to play parking lot to parking lot.

This doesn't discount Denzel Mims, Chris Platt and Jalen Hurd
They have the best WRs in the Big XII with a good QB.

You can't look past anyone. Especially considering a bad Baylor team gave WV a scare in Waco last year.
This team is a lot more mature with better weapons
They have by far the most graduates on their roster in the Big XII.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
OK. Please put the crack pipe down and step away from the computer.

I’ll be honest I was stunned with our performance at Iowa State. I seriously doubt we win out. Im a mountaineer fan for life but that Iowa State game was an eye opener. Hopefully it was a fluke...

The play of Brock Purdy was shocking.
Thought WV had a better defense.

Their D should have kept them in the game.
Iowa St shutting down WV's offense is not that big of a shock.
But I thought WV had better athletes at WR.

Baylor, TCU and Texas all play similar style to Iowa St but with better athletes on defense.

Oklahoma and Oklahoma St will be shootouts.
Especially if Oklahoma St changes QB

Most likely finish will be 3-2
2-3 could be likely as well.

The play of Brock Purdy was shocking.
Thought WV had a better defense.

Their D should have kept them in the game.
Iowa St shutting down WV's offense is not that big of a shock.
But I thought WV had better athletes at WR.

Baylor, TCU and Texas all play similar style to Iowa St but with better athletes on defense.

Oklahoma and Oklahoma St will be shootouts.
Especially if Oklahoma St changes QB

Most likely finish will be 3-2
2-3 could be likely as well.
4899317.PNG

Definitely a chance but even with one loss WVU will need help.

"Aghhh Playoffs??? Don't talk about Playoffs!!! You kidding me???? I just hope we can win a game!!!"- Jim Mora Sr, the good Jim Mora coach

How about WVU just beat Oklahoma just once before any mention of the Big XII Championship or a playoff appearance?

Better yet given the lack of performance in the last road test, have good sound fundamentals vs Baylor and put it together for 4 qtrs.

This playoff obsession is silly and immature. In 125+ years of football WVU would qualified what 3-4 times in a 4 team playoff, why concern yourself yearly? It is like buying tickets to the Final 4 in basketball.

For 2018, the playoffs is Alabama, 1 B1G school (espn hopes it is Ohio State or Meat Chicken), probably an ACC school/Notre Dame, and school XYZ for the playoffs (the annual dream here is USC-not gonna happen this year with their current HBC)

This playoff setup is totally about ratings. Espn overpaid for this mess big time and they got to get the best TV draws they can. TV draws ain't WVU. WVU ain't getting in unless ESPN can't keep them out for on the field dominance reasons which WVU already took care of.

Enjoy the rest of our season as best we can. Go Mountaineers & long live ball!

I agree with not being obsessed year and year out. That being said, the HC talked up this team as though it will be something special. So far it's been not much better than years past with not finishing the TTU game, limping past a bad Kansas team, and getting absolutely embarrassed by a marginal team.

Unless it's a Matt Damon / Ben Affleck / Dwayne Johnson film, I wait til the movie is over before I decide whether it was a good one or not. I'm the same with Mountaineer Football.

I also won't obsess if the season is not. Maybe it's age or whatever, but I got more good things in life to enjoy and more important things to take care of.

Baylor and Matt Rhule want to play the game in a phone booth.
Very similar to Iowa St.
Teams like Oklahoma, Oklahoma St and WV want to play parking lot to parking lot.

This doesn't discount Denzel Mims, Chris Platt and Jalen Hurd
They have the best WRs in the Big XII with a good QB.

You can't look past anyone. Especially considering a bad Baylor team gave WV a scare in Waco last year.
This team is a lot more mature with better weapons
They have by far the most graduates on their roster in the Big XII.

Oklahoma is capable of doing both.

Oklahoma is capable of doing both.
OU should because they have a great OL.
All NFL prospects.
Problem is Riley thinks he is too creative and attempts to throw the ball all over the field and run the ball at all these unusual angles.

This may ultimately cost Lincoln Riley his job at OU.

I’ll be honest I was stunned with our performance at Iowa State. I seriously doubt we win out. Im a mountaineer fan for life but that Iowa State game was an eye opener. Hopefully it was a fluke...

Hope is all we have. Its been a staple of Dana coached teams that once they implode because an opposing defense has figured out how to counter the offense, everyone else does the same and the offense is stagnant against all but the below average teams remaining on the schedule. Happened in 2012 with phenomenal offensive talent including Tavon Austin who almost single handedly beat OU. It could be different this go around, but the track record says different. No matter the outcome of the Baylor game, it will be at Texas where we will see if this team is different or if they just rolled again like teams in the past when visiting Baylor, OU, TCU.

A Fluffer Holgorsen coached team has no chance of winning out. The Fluffer's teams collapse every time they face half decent competition. The games against Texas and Oklahoma are FDIC insured losses. The Fluffer could win against Baylor TCU and Okie state but will probably find a way to blow one of those games. Anyone who thinks this team won't lose another game probably should check themselves into a drug rehab program.

Reactions: Rootmaster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT