ADVERTISEMENT

Winning to B12 in Men’s BB may have just gotten a little easier...

Don't you understand KU invented college basketball.
Did James Naismith coach at your school.

You will never get that mentality out of Lawrence. They have the desire and backing to win.

I guess you don't know KU real well.
There rise to elite status in the 80's was because of Larry Brown.
Brown and his cheating ways were forced out at Kansas.
Didn't stop Kansas from winning.
Bill Self will be forced out and KU will hire another big name coach.
Schools like Kansas and Kentucky are not hurt by scandal.

https://www.nytimes.com/1988/11/02/sports/ncaa-acts-against-kansas.html
I know enough about KU to know the didn’t start winning in the 80’s. I also know the NCAA of the 80’s isn’t the NCAA of today. In case you missed it this is about a federal case.

Last edited:
KU started sucking in the 70's and 80's.
They hired a known cheater in Larry Brown.
Brown was ran out of UCLA for cheating.

KU already sold their soul to the devil because winning in basketball is more important than not breaking the rules.
KU couldn't win being the respectable program that didn't buy recruits.

I don't think any school can in basketball anymore.

Maybe after these changes they can clean basketball up.

This stuff has been going to since the 70's.

KU lives and breathes CBB. 24/7 365 days.
They are on their message boards talking about basketball during football season.

This will never change.

KU started sucking in the 70's and 80's.
They hired a known cheater in Larry Brown.
Brown was ran out of UCLA for cheating.

KU already sold their soul to the devil because winning in basketball is more important than not breaking the rules.
KU couldn't win being the respectable program that didn't buy recruits.

I don't think any school can in basketball anymore.

Maybe after these changes they can clean basketball up.

This stuff has been going to since the 70's.

KU lives and breathes CBB. 24/7 365 days.
They are on their message boards talking about basketball during football season.

This will never change.
Kansas made the NCAA Tourney 71, 74, 75, and 78. They were in the Final Four 71, and 74. Yeah, the 70’s suck for them.

Reactions: countryroads89
Kansas made the NCAA Tourney 71, 74, 75, and 78. They were in the Final Four 71, and 74. Yeah, the 70’s suck for them.

Missing the NCAA Tournament is sucking for KU.
Even when there were less teams.

You are very contrarian but without the ability to form logical arguments.

Missing the NCAA Tournament is sucking for KU.
Even when there were less teams.

You are very contrarian but without the ability to form logical arguments.
And yet you keep losing the argument. The main point above was the NCAA in general and the case in particular due to it being a federal case is different than anything in the 80’s. Instead of focusing on the main point you wanted to talk about Kansas. And you were demonstrably wrong about Kansas. Two Final Fours in the 70’s. Yeah, bad decade.

And yet you keep losing the argument. The main point above was the NCAA in general and the case in particular due to it being a federal case is different than anything in the 80’s. Instead of focusing on the main point you wanted to talk about Kansas. And you were demonstrably wrong about Kansas. Two Final Fours in the 70’s. Yeah, bad decade.

You think that all of sudden KU is going to stop winning at basketball.
Your original premise for the topic.

I showed that in 1989 they were put on probation.
By the 90-91 season they were winning again.
It didn't slow them down.

Bill Self will be fired. KU will hire a big name coach.
They will start winning again.

You think that all of sudden KU is going to stop winning at basketball.
Your original premise for the topic.

I showed that in 1989 they were put on probation.
By the 90-91 season they were winning again.
It didn't slow them down.

Bill Self will be fired. KU will hire a big name coach.
They will start winning again.
I didn’t say KU would stop winning. I said it would be easier for WVU to win the B12. If Self did the deed the NCAA will punish Kansas.

I didn’t say KU would stop winning. I said it would be easier for WVU to win the B12. If Self did the deed the NCAA will punish Kansas.

With the amount of schools involved I doubt the NCAA is heavy handed with Kansas.
Will Kansas maybe be put on probation for a year or two. Most likely.
Will it damage the program long term. No way.

With the amount of schools involved I doubt the NCAA is heavy handed with Kansas.
Will Kansas maybe be put on probation for a year or two. Most likely.
Will it damage the program long term. No way.

That’s the problem. This won’t end until there are more severe sanctions. WVU always has been a relatively clean football and basketball program in how we recruit and retain our players. Other teams don’t and they largely come out unharmed. How doesn’t this constitute forcing a drop of the program for 2-3 years? It literally ruins the concept of fair competition.

That just means when we travel to Lawrence the refs will have to swallow their whistles more to even the game 50 fouls on us to 5 on them.

That’s the problem. This won’t end until there are more severe sanctions. WVU always has been a relatively clean football and basketball program in how we recruit and retain our players. Other teams don’t and they largely come out unharmed. How doesn’t this constitute forcing a drop of the program for 2-3 years? It literally ruins the concept of fair competition.

No....because these schools can pretty much prove the majority of schools are involved.
If not the majority a good portion. I doubt the NCAA hits every school involved because there would not be enough to have a NCAA Tournament

No....because these schools can pretty much prove the majority of schools are involved.
If not the majority a good portion. I doubt the NCAA hits every school involved because there would not be enough to have a NCAA Tournament

Accuse =\= prove. I doubt the NCAA would go there. Knock down some big trees a few pegs and the other schools would behave.

NCAABB doesn’t have an SMU to put the fear of Jesus in them. Kansas would make a great statement.

Accuse =\= prove. I doubt the NCAA would go there. Knock down some big trees a few pegs and the other schools would behave.

NCAABB doesn’t have an SMU to put the fear of Jesus in them. Kansas would make a great statement.

KU will probably drop Adidas and Bill Self.
They are playing the game right now but trust and believe if the NCAA drops the hammer on KU a lot of other big name schools will go Down.
Same with Louisville.

Kansas helped the NCAA to put Kentucky on probation in the early 90's.
Kentucky has a huge target on their chest if the NCAA gets involved.

The NCAA doesn't want this to become programs taking down other programs because their biggest cash cow the NCAA Tournament will get damaged.

Every single school is involved in one way or another.
This is being done to get third party participants out of basketball. More importantly the predators who force these 16 year old kids to sign their rights away with agencies for a few thousand dollars.

Only person that will get hit hard is Christian Dawkins.
Buy there are thousand people like him who have connections with almost every player in CBB.

KU will probably drop Adidas and Bill Self.
They are playing the game right now but trust and believe if the NCAA drops the hammer on KU a lot of other big name schools will go Down.
Same with Louisville.

Kansas helped the NCAA to put Kentucky on probation in the early 90's.
Kentucky has a huge target on their chest if the NCAA gets involved.

The NCAA doesn't want this to become programs taking down other programs because their biggest cash cow the NCAA Tournament will get damaged.

I think the tourney has almost evolved into something so great that no one would lose sleep if one or two programs get dinged hard. Unlike CFB which would turn on its axis if say Alabama was crippled.

I think the tourney has almost evolved into something so great that no one would lose sleep if one or two programs get dinged hard. Unlike CFB which would turn on its axis if say Alabama was crippled.

NCAA doesn't make anything off football
They will throw Alabama to the sharks just like they did USC

This FBI investigation is about Christian Dawkins and others like him.

There are 999 other people like Dawkins.
Dawkins is who is going to get in trouble not any basketball program

If the NCAA wanted to they could get all the other third party participants involved and investigate all NCAA D1 programs.

This is to shake the tree and get the scumbags and leeches out who make money off these kids

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT