ADVERTISEMENT

Why would anyone want to be a teacher ?

I couldn't find the study recalled from memory that showed a number of teachers are so because they didn't complete the psychology, or any of the aforementioned programs. And of course, you know a lot of teachers whom many have wealthy families, albeit has no relationship to family wealth, at least to my comment. And I am sure many can do any number of different careers. Anyone can do a number of careers if they apply themselves. And I agree many do what they do, no matter the area, to make a difference.

I will admit I could have used a different work than "hack". Many teachers went into education because they changed their major to it from something else. I could have said it better or even with a softer work and hack, that's for sure.
My point about family wealth is that these teachers don’t financially need to work at all. They aren't teaching because they need to work. They are working because they want to help kids.

According to the National Center for Education Statistics, 80% of students change their major at least once. Psychology is one of the most popular majors, more popular than education. So, statistically psychology will have a large number change from that major. More will drop engineering. Psychology isn’t a particularly difficult major. The reason many students drop psychology is because they realize taking a major to understand yourself isn’t a great way to plan a career, especially when they learn they'll have to get a masters to make any money.

Anyway, I appreciate your further reflections (sincerely).

I know teachers that are awesome educators and do so without showing there ideology. Most are getting out . I do believe if all aspects of education went back to the states and school vouchers results would change.
Several States are either implementing or investigating school choice vouchers for charter schools, homeschooling, or creating alternative private schools to those run solely by the government. The idea is to put those education dollars closer to control of the parents or local school administrators to spend those dollars as best as they each see fit. Guess who's opposing most of those efforts across several States?

Democrats backed by Teacher unions. Surprised?

Reactions: roadtrasheer
ADVERTISEMENT