ADVERTISEMENT

Why Every New Trump Crime Just Makes Republicans Angrier at the FBI

moe

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Fayetteville, WV

Repubs know that they're lying to idiot followers and they use that to their advantage.

This weekend, Florida governor Ron DeSantis delighted the crowd at a conference for the far-right group Turning Point Action by proclaiming that the FBI’s warrant to seize national-security documents stolen by Donald Trump was yet another double standard against law-abiding conservatives. “You look at the raid at Mar-a-Lago, and I’m just trying to remember — maybe somebody here can remind me — about when they did a search warrant at Hillary’s house when she had a rogue server at Chappaqua and she was laundering classified information,” he announced. “I don’t remember them doing that.”

Begin with DeSantis’s claim that the FBI never seized Hillary Clinton’s server: In fact, the FBI took it in August 2015. “The seizure of the server, along with electronic copies of its contents maintained by her private lawyer, is in connection with a criminal investigation into the mishandling of classified information,” gloated a National Review editorial at the time. “It is being dressed up by a reeling Clinton campaign as Hillary’s ‘voluntary’ surrender of the server in connection with a ‘security inquiry.’”

Should the Justice Department ultimately decline to charge Trump — which, barring anything deeply sensitive or incriminating in the documents, would seem to be the most likely outcome — conservatives will almost certainly register the FBI’s intervention as yet another case of persecution. The reality of the situation will be just the opposite: Trump openly flouting the law and getting away with it. But the alchemy of conservative paranoia will transmute it into more evidence of his innocence and yet another reason for them to rally to his side when he inevitably proceeds to his next crime.

The underlying cause of this pathological dynamic is a right-wing propaganda bubble that pumps conservatives full of rage, cordens them off from any information that would mitigate their sense of persecution, and primes them to be led by demagogues who feel free to act with impunity, knowing their base will stay loyal regardless. This dysfunction produced Trump’s rise in the first place. And now every new instance of Trump’s misconduct simply confirms to the Republican Party that he was right all along.

Reactions: Soaring Eagle 74
When I read “No American President has ever done this” I thought it would be followed by “been impeached twice in a single term” or “lost the popular vote in two consecutive elections”.

Popular vote? That's not how this works. If it wasn't Trump it would be whoever challenged your tribe. Don't change. It's going to backfire. Badly.

Popular vote? That's not how this works. If it wasn't Trump it would be whoever challenged your tribe. Don't change. It's going to backfire. Badly.
Sure it is. It may not be how the President is elected, but the fact remains that Trump lost the popular vote TWICE.

Thanks for the opportunity to reiterate that fact.
Did I mention that Biden won the electoral vote in a landslide?

"We had a massive landslide victory, as you know, in the Electoral College. I guess the final numbers are now at 306," Trump said in an interview on Fox News Sunday.

The ballots were cast by individual electors in all 50 states and the District of Columbia mirror their state’s popular vote, and Biden won 306 votes to Trump’s 232 votes.

Sure it is. It may not be how the President is elected, but the fact remains that Trump lost the popular vote TWICE.

"We had a massive landslide victory, as you know, in the Electoral College. I guess the final numbers are now at 306," Trump said in an interview on Fox News Sunday.

The ballots were cast by individual electors in all 50 states and the District of Columbia mirror their state’s popular vote, and Biden won 306 votes to Trump’s 232 votes.
Take away libtard cities like NYC, LA, Chicago and you NEVER win the popular votes. They don’t represent what the US citizens want.

Reactions: roadtrasheer

Google Buyers remorse. Any legitimate votes he got are there.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Moe is a moron. Ignore him. You can't talks or reason with anyone that immersed in leftist ideology. Remember, any American citizen who hates the United States hates themselves even more. What a miserable bunch of oafs!

Here we go, the circular reference by the FBI once again. Release the affidavit.

Reactions: moe
Moe is a moron. Ignore him. You can't talks or reason with anyone that immersed in leftist ideology. Remember, any American citizen who hates the United States hates themselves even more. What a miserable bunch of oafs!
I already do....and it ignores most of us too cause it know we are right

When I read “No American President has ever done this” I thought it would be followed by “been impeached twice in a single term” or “lost the popular vote in two consecutive elections”.
I prefer, "No Candidate for American President Ever Publicly and Knowingly Colluded with Her Party (Hillary Clinton) to Cheat her Opponent (Bernie SDanders) out of the Nomination and Got Away With It".

Wasn't the MSM trumpeting loudly before the 2016 election how big Hillary was going to win the Electoral College?

Oh yes, they were.

The FBI Director talked on 60 Minutes 3 1/2 years ago about a conversation with Rod Rosenstein the Deputy AG where they were discussing the number of votes and whether or not they could remove Trump as the sitting President

I'm no fan of the Trump's but the FBI is a corrupt piece of shit along with every other 3 letter org. DEA, FDA, CIA, NSA, DOJ, IRS.....

The FBI Director talked on 60 Minutes 3 1/2 years ago about a conversation with Rod Rosenstein the Deputy AG where they were discussing the number of votes and whether or not they could remove Trump as the sitting President

I'm no fan of the Trump's but the FBI is a corrupt piece of shit along with every other 3 letter org. DEA, FDA, CIA, NSA, DOJ, IRS.....
Too bad Congress didn't act on it then. The 25th amendment was discussed a lot by folks in DC during Trump's term, even by Republicans.

Republicans suggested invoking the 25th Amendment after Jan. 6 — but failed to act

Repubs know that they're lying to idiot followers and they use that to their advantage.

This weekend, Florida governor Ron DeSantis delighted the crowd at a conference for the far-right group Turning Point Action by proclaiming that the FBI’s warrant to seize national-security documents stolen by Donald Trump was yet another double standard against law-abiding conservatives. “You look at the raid at Mar-a-Lago, and I’m just trying to remember — maybe somebody here can remind me — about when they did a search warrant at Hillary’s house when she had a rogue server at Chappaqua and she was laundering classified information,” he announced. “I don’t remember them doing that.”

Begin with DeSantis’s claim that the FBI never seized Hillary Clinton’s server: In fact, the FBI took it in August 2015. “The seizure of the server, along with electronic copies of its contents maintained by her private lawyer, is in connection with a criminal investigation into the mishandling of classified information,” gloated a National Review editorial at the time. “It is being dressed up by a reeling Clinton campaign as Hillary’s ‘voluntary’ surrender of the server in connection with a ‘security inquiry.’”

Should the Justice Department ultimately decline to charge Trump — which, barring anything deeply sensitive or incriminating in the documents, would seem to be the most likely outcome — conservatives will almost certainly register the FBI’s intervention as yet another case of persecution. The reality of the situation will be just the opposite: Trump openly flouting the law and getting away with it. But the alchemy of conservative paranoia will transmute it into more evidence of his innocence and yet another reason for them to rally to his side when he inevitably proceeds to his next crime.

The underlying cause of this pathological dynamic is a right-wing propaganda bubble that pumps conservatives full of rage, cordens them off from any information that would mitigate their sense of persecution, and primes them to be led by demagogues who feel free to act with impunity, knowing their base will stay loyal regardless. This dysfunction produced Trump’s rise in the first place. And now every new instance of Trump’s misconduct simply confirms to the Republican Party that he was right all along.
Do you ever wonder why liberals have a tough time convicting Trump on any of their fabricated charges?

You should worry more about Biden and his lack of knowledge, and mind for that matter, on how to serve America.

Reactions: 30CAT
If you don't like the 25th Amendment, call your congressperson or something.
Answer the OP question. Do you believe the will of the people should elect our leaders or should they be chosen by the establishment?

If you don't like the 25th Amendment, call your congressperson or something.

You have no problem with the left ignoring our Constitution, bleater. You have no ground to stand on, when talking about our Constitution. You are bleater of a party that hates our Constitution.

“The Constitution is clear: Section IV Article 4 says the federal government “shall protect each of [the states] against Invasion. When the federal government fails to fulfill this constitutional duty, Article 1 Section 10 expressly guarantees states the sovereign power to repel an invasion and defend their citizenry from overwhelming and “imminent danger.” This resolution affirms that states don’t have to be passive victims of this Administration’s border security failures; rather, they should exercise their sovereign, constitutional right to defend themselves and their citizens.”

“No ifs, ands or buts—Team Pedo is failing to secure our southern border. The Constitution says clearly that states have the power and right to step in and defend themselves when the federal government won’t do so."

Last edited:
Repubs don't like it either and are busy trying to get rid of it.
Moron liberals keep parroting what they're told to say, but never get into the specifics of how smaller government and less intrusion means less Democracy.

It's the little things in life.

Reactions: GrimReaper82
Repubs don't like it either and are busy trying to get rid of it.
you are the one that just said the person elected president shouldn't be president.
You aren't a huge fan of it either obviously. Are you blind to your own hypocrisy or just don't care to hold consistent ideas and principles?

Moron liberals keep parroting what they're told to say, but never get into the specifics of how smaller government and less intrusion means less Democracy.

It's the little things in life.
Moron Repubs/conservatives back Trump on his bid to destroy democracy and install autocracy. Two great first steps in his bid to destroy democracy are to try to delegitimize the press and step two is to try to destroy confidence in our election process. Trump wasted no time working on both goals and Repubs continue to back him all the way as he leads his fawning sheep down the path whether he's in or out of office.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT