ADVERTISEMENT

Why does Trumplethinskin keep repeating the lie that....

nah, doc and I don't understand investing at all. Not a single concept. Thanks for letting me know that a half of a percent return on a billion dollars is more than $100. Now all I have to do is find a billion to put at a RISK in order to make a half percent. But let me guess, that same half percent return next year is more than the half percent return this year. Right? lol
Is your goal to make more money or to get a higher percentage return, given the fact that the entry point of both investments is much different?

Is your goal to make more money or to get a higher percentage return, given the fact that the entry point of both investments is much different?
Now, that is a legitimate question so I will answer. My goal is to achieve the largest return on investment possible in term of a percent. Proper asset allocation over TIME will account for the largest possible wealth increase in terms of dollars. The ultimate goal of any investor is to achieve the largest percent of return by keeping one's risk at a minimum while ensuring one's wealth is accumulating over time. In terms of financial analysis, you can't compare two distinct points or raw data and claim there is a relevant and distinguishing measurement by just looking at the end result. Please, don't try to get a certification in any field of accounting or finance or economics with this type of "knowledge" you are espousing.

And I will warn you once even though I won't get into much of an argument on a message board. I rather just mock at those that will argue based on nothing but being stubborn. But you are entering one of my areas of expertise. Stick to whatever you do because you truly suck at this.

Now, that is a legitimate question so I will answer. My goal is to achieve the largest return on investment possible in term of a percent. Proper asset allocation over TIME will account for the largest possible wealth increase in terms of dollars. The ultimate goal of any investor is to achieve the largest percent of return by keeping one's risk at a minimum while ensuring one's wealth is accumulating over time. In terms of financial analysis, you can't compare two distinct points or raw data and claim there is a relevant and distinguishing measurement by just looking at the end result. Please, don't try to get a certification in any field of accounting or finance or economics with this type of "knowledge".

And I will warn you once even though I won't get into much of an argument on a message board. I rather just mock at those that will argue based on nothing but being stubborn. But you are entering one of my areas of expertise. Stick to whatever you do because you truly suck at this.
You and doc were the ones comparing someone investing in a dow index at 2 completely different price points with 2 completely different risk exposures and comparing simple percentage return. You should probably not lecture me on finance.

The comedy here is that you dont understand the point of investing.
It’s all about percentages, not total money earned. I mean, you get in the stock market to look at percentages not fat stacks increasing. The bad thing is I’m not even shitting on Obama. He had a great first year despite all of the rhetoric. He inherited an economy ready to rebound and it did.

Trump took over a stagnant economy where we had 1.8% growth, was told it was the new normal, and proceeded to dispel that myth. The DOW is on a rocket ship and the economy is over 3% and approaching 4%.

You and doc were the ones comparing someone investing in a dow index at 2 completely different price points with 2 completely different risk exposures and comparing simple percentage return. You should probably not lecture me on finance.
I already smashed his stupid idiot laced argument on the “cost” of a tax cut. His latest about maximizing ROI is 100% on the money, assuming it’s a corresponding increase in dollars. As it keeps getting pointed out, it’s not a valid comparison. I making more actual money, if my ROI % was higher, I’d be making more, I get that. However, playing in actual dollars, I’ve seen more overall dollar increase.

I already smashed his stupid idiot laced argument on the “cost” of a tax cut. His latest about maximizing ROI is 100% on the money, assuming it’s a corresponding increase in dollars. As it keeps getting pointed out, it’s not a valid comparison. I making more actual money, if my ROI % was higher, I’d be making more, I get that. However, playing in actual dollars, I’ve seen more overall dollar increase.
Anytime you look simply at a percentage gain alone the larger percentage gain will always be easier when value is lower. If people actually invested money solely on a presidents first year in office they would have had a larger return under Obama. If someone is invested long term, they would make more money in Temps forst year than in Obamas, assuming their investment matched the Dow. In reality most investmebts are not index funds and they will adjust to maximize gains under whatever the current condition of the market is and within the risk parameters stated in the fund.

he’s signed more bills into law in the first 11 months than any other President? He’s signed 94. Obama signed 118. Bush 43 102. Clinton 209. Kennedy 684. Eisenhower 514. He’s signed the least number of bills of any Presidwnt since Eisenhower. Seriously, does he think nobody will check the facts? Fake news? What a moron.
It's amazing just how much he lives in your head...I think he's sitting back and laughing at all the 'fact checkers' that scramble with everything he says.

Reactions: wvu2007
It's amazing just how much he lives in your head...I think he's sitting back and laughing at all the 'fact checkers' that scramble with everything he says.
Some people care that the socalled prez lies and some don't. You don't seem to or it would concern you.

Some people care that the socalled prez lies and some don't. You don't seem to or it would concern you.
Funny I don't remember where you fell on the “if you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan”...but I bet you didn't say too much.

Funny I don't remember where you fell on the “if you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan”...but I bet you didn't say too much.
Hell there were a lot more lies than that hich were never mentioned by moe and others. The tolerance for political lies is indirectly proportional to your political affiliation with a given politician.

Since I liked my health care plan and kept it, there was no reason for me to complain. Trump is in a league of his own on telling lies and it's not even close. Trump tells several big whoppers a week, sometimes several/day. It's really something to behold especially the stuff that's so easy to disprove but he just doesn't care.

Since I liked my health care plan and kept it, there was no reason for me to complain. Trump is in a league of his own on telling lies and it's not even close. Trump tells several big whoppers a week, sometimes several/day. It's really something to behold especially the stuff that's so easy to disprove but he just doesn't care.
So obama told the truth to the government teet suckers and just lied to everyone else.

When Moe argues with himself.

You know this not to be true. You and I both lost our doctors. You KNOW THIS! Stop your LYING! [laughing][laughing][laughing]

I know several. Well not the premium part, because premiums have always gone up.

I haven't met a one. Either deductibles have gone up, employee contributions have gone up, or premiums in general. And god forbid you're not on a business plan and on the exchanges, friends on the exchanges have gone through hell.

I haven't met a one. Either deductibles have gone up, employee contributions have gone up, or premiums in general. And god forbid you're not on a business plan and on the exchanges, friends on the exchanges have gone through hell.

Show me in the past when prices of insurances haven't gone up some? Isn't that the norm?

Most of the people we deal with, including our firm, have been in HD HSA plans for years. Very minimal impact. Plus they are great for tax purposes. Make the move today!!

Anyone working for government has no dog in this hunt. I don't even think your premiums were touched. But someone is paying more.

Show me in the past when prices of insurances haven't gone up some? Isn't that the norm?
kff-chart.png

I honestly have Biff on ignore. He’s nothing but a political troll.

You guys have everyone else on ignore who you claim lie about, ignore, or distorts facts. So why aren't you ignoring yourselves?

No kidding. I can't honestly believe there is a moron on this board that is repeating the complete nonsense that 5000 point gain from a base of 19,000 is a greater value than a 3000 on a base of 7500, not to mention that the Dow Average is a mathematical metric in itself and the only way one can measure it is by % gain or loss. Just shows the ignorance of Trump defenders.

And btw, I don't think anyone is going any lengths to downplay Trumps success on this thread. It is all about the idiocy of morons that say stupid comments. Keep up the good work, doc.

Using this logic a 2% tax break on 39.6% top rate is a "giveaway" to the "rich" but a 13% tax break for a 45, 000 dollar a year wage earner from 28% down to 15% is "robbing from the middle class" to "giveaway" money to the "rich". Leftist "new math".

ADVERTISEMENT