ADVERTISEMENT

Why does Josh Lambert get a pass?

ThePunish-EER

All-American
Aug 19, 2005
His missed field goal was the deciding factor. Waiting for the mouth breathers to spin this fact.

It must be hard for you to go through life not being able to speak to a single human being whether at work or at a social event
wrong lol. I do quite well son. Now stop deflecting the question. Why is josh lambert given a pass? He lost the game. Fact. Not Dana.

wrong lol. I do quite well son. Now stop deflecting the question. Why is josh lambert given a pass? He lost the game. Fact. Not Dana.

If he makes the field goal it doesn't mean we win. How do you know K state doesn't counter. Coaches call plays based on what the situation calls for. If you do quite well as you say how do you avoid breathing through your mouth as you speak?

If he makes the field goal it doesn't mean we win. How do you know K state doesn't counter. Coaches call plays based on what the situation calls for. If you do quite well as you say how do you avoid breathing through your mouth as you speak?
wrong he makes fg and we win by 2. Period. Our defense played great

Figured you say something like that always based on hypothetical scenarios. Any time you are presented with hard facts you try to lie your way out of it. Still waiting for you to prove to us that K state gets elite level talent.

Figured you say something like that always based on hypothetical scenarios. Any time you are presented with hard facts you try to lie your way out of it. Still waiting for you to prove to us that K state gets elite level talent.
hypothetical situations? Wrong, that actually happened. It's a fact. Lambert missed the game winning field goal. Fact.

hypothetical situations? Wrong, that actually happened. It's a fact. Lambert missed the game winning field goal. Fact.

Yes he did miss it but if he'd had made it K State might have done things differently and the field goal wasn't exactly at the end of the game was it. Maybe if Holgorson would have had better play calling we wouldn't have been in this predicament. Wvu has much better talent than K state except for the coaching

If I play your scenario will you end your tirade for this board?

OK, let's pretend that he makes the field goal. What is the very next play? That's right, a kickoff. Guess which coach ultimately is responsible for repeatedly kicking the ball to the most dangerous player on the other team? I'd say they would have had at least a 50% chance to return it to the 50 minimum. Maybe he returns the KO for another touchdown. The field goal may have resulted in more harm than good. Our D was playing well enough overall to just kick the ball out of bounds or squib it, but nobody made adjustments.

Ultimately Lambert gets a pass because he has been directly responsible for winning us more games than Dana has been directly responsible for losing. I don't remember but was that FG attempt right after an errant throw or a QB sweep on third down with a 1 legged qb? Plus Lambert is just a college kid who has a heckuva leg. Dana is a paid coach who desperately needs to start earning his paycheck. Win the games he should win and compete, at least, with the ones he shouldn't win.

I get that you want to defend Dana. It's admirable. Just stop acting like you know the sport and attacking other posters.

Reactions: NC EnginEER
His missed field goal was the deciding factor. Waiting for the mouth breathers to spin this fact.
It's impossible to make sense with these big fat coaching couch potatoes. Didn't you know Dana missed that kick,dropped all those balls, over threw all those passes. let that run back for TD. Fire,fire,fire,fire that's the answer and become like Pitt. That's what some would like. Ignorant.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
If I play your scenario will you end your tirade for this board?

OK, let's pretend that he makes the field goal. What is the very next play? That's right, a kickoff. Guess which coach ultimately is responsible for repeatedly kicking the ball to the most dangerous player on the other team? I'd say they would have had at least a 50% chance to return it to the 50 minimum. Maybe he returns the KO for another touchdown. The field goal may have resulted in more harm than good. Our D was playing well enough overall to just kick the ball out of bounds or squib it, but nobody made adjustments.

Ultimately Lambert gets a pass because he has been directly responsible for winning us more games than Dana has been directly responsible for losing. I don't remember but was that FG attempt right after an errant throw or a QB sweep on third down with a 1 legged qb? Plus Lambert is just a college kid who has a heckuva leg. Dana is a paid coach who desperately needs to start earning his paycheck. Win the games he should win and compete, at least, with the ones he shouldn't win.

I get that you want to defend Dana. It's admirable. Just stop acting like you know the sport and attacking other posters.
lmao the spin cycle is on. "But but but (insert mouth breathing) josh lambert is just a kid, Dana is paid to coach, but but but...lambert has won us more games than Dana (whatever that means lol)..but but but..." Lol. That's ignorant. Fact is, that missed field goal cost us the game. Period. All those dropped passes by our WR's hurt as well. Dana did not lose the game. Learn football.

Yes he did miss it but if he'd had made it K State might have done things differently and the field goal wasn't exactly at the end of the game was it. Maybe if Holgorson would have had better play calling we wouldn't have been in this predicament. Wvu has much better talent than K state except for the coaching
much better talent than KState? Based on what?

You win and lose as a team. Lambert did not lose that game. The mere fact you wrote that means you have no idea what being a part of a team means.
Oh so it's ok to pin the blame on the coach but the players get a pass? I guess Dana should've gone out there and kicked it himself. Listen I played sports. Don't give me this we win as a team and lose as a team Then blame the coach. You make no sense. Lambert missed the field goal. It cost us the game. Period.

He's dealt with an injury all season but don't let that stop you from attacking him.
i know that. It's not intended to be attacking. I'm trying to show them blaming our coach for everything and losing this game is silly.

He doesn't...no matter what people say, we lost that game because of special teams play...

Fumble on punt led to pts. 3
missed fg -3
two second half returns...one for td one to the WVU 30...14 pts.

Right there is a net 20 pt swing.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Good teams finish drives with TD's. He was 2/3 one was from 45 yards into the wind. He did his part. Next

Ummmm....because he's a student athlete who is maybe 20-21 years old who is from all accounts a great student who missed a tough kick. He isn't a paid professional athlete and he has done a very good job in his time as our kicker. He has earned the right to not be blamed for missing one kick. Dana gets paid $3M so expectations are a bit higher to perform his job

Oh so it's ok to pin the blame on the coach but the players get a pass? I guess Dana should've gone out there and kicked it himself. Listen I played sports. Don't give me this we win as a team and lose as a team Then blame the coach. You make no sense. Lambert missed the field goal. It cost us the game. Period.

It was early enough in the game that it didn't cost us the game. If he had missed a 40 yarder as time expired, that would be different.

Lambert has been kicking through a torn groin all season, jackass...........

That's why. An injury where walking is nearly impossible.............. he's been kicking 50 yarders.

Maybe because you degenerates were giving all HIS praise to his position coach (Deforest) and defending his job, thus the blame should also go to HIS position coach, Deforest.......or does it not work that way? Player does good = great coach......Player does bad = bad player.

This post (from a mouth breather) makes it sound like the missed field goal was the only mistake WV made in the game. Hail, a great number of mistakes were made by both teams prior to and after the miss! Hey, mouth breathing thing can be corrected with nose bridges. I saw an ad on TV last night that makes the claim.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer

You played sports? Oh yeah i forgot you where the greatest ping pong player in the history of WV

If he makes the field goal maybe the following kick-off is returned for a touchdown.

What if Jovon Durante had caught the ball when there was nothing between him and the end zone. We could call that THE deciding factor.

What if the kick-off team had not given up a return for a TD? We could call that THE deciding factor.

What if Howard had gotten just a little bit better of a block on the edge on 4th down? We could call that THE deciding factor/

What if Howard had not twisted up his ankle or whatever it was? We could call that the THE deciding factor.

What if Gibson snags a couple of those balls he missed? We could call that the deciding factor?

The ONLY thing we can definitively point to as being THE deciding factor is that we failed to convert that last 4th down when the game was on the line. Everything else is speculation.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
The players mistakes are usually a result or poor execution. The mistake a coach makes is mental, not to mention the difference in the pay rate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT