ADVERTISEMENT

Why are people disrespecting WV

Obviously the recent New England patriots
teams of the past 10 years would lack the overall depth of the Longhorns, so that would exclude them immediately.

NFL is a different game.

This Texas team is very much like Herman's teams at Ohio St
2012-2014.
They really want to be more like Urban Meyer's Florida teams 2006-2009.

Almost the entire offensive staff for UT coached on that 2014 Ohio St team

When WV plays in Austin

The game plan will be to open up the offense and try to score quick
And then on D
Play Aggressive and force Texas in turnovers or 4th downs

They are not trying to play a LOS battle with Texas.
That is a losing proposition and is not the strength of WV

What are you talking about....

Texas would much rather play a physical LOS game against WV.

WV will try to turn it in a shootout like OU.

Problem is Texas has proven to be the best team in the Big XII at both styles.

I would love to see WV play Texas in a LOS game.
It would get ugly. Texas is better on both lines and has a Running QB and a better RB.

Me too.

Because if they have to, WVU is better suited for making it a fast paced game. Making Texass drive the ball and take 10-15 plays to score plays into WVU's hands. UT's QB hasn't been consistent in being able to do that without making mistakes.

WVU makes its mistakes when Grier tries to throw deeper routes too often. Instead of taking the underneath and the yards he gets greedy or takes too long to throw the pass and gets sacked, putting WVU behind the chains or stalling the drive. The tendency has been the farther into the game, the greedier he becomes.

WVU has been able to pull this off against everyone so far because they have been unable to capitalize. Make those same mistakes against Texass and OU, and it means trouble.

Me too.

Because if they have to, WVU is better suited for making it a fast paced game. Making Texass drive the ball and take 10-15 plays to score plays into WVU's hands. UT's QB hasn't been consistent in being able to do that without making mistakes.

WVU makes its mistakes when Grier tries to throw deeper routes too often. Instead of taking the underneath and the yards he gets greedy or takes too long to throw the pass and gets sacked, putting WVU behind the chains or stalling the drive. The tendency has been the farther into the game, the greedier he becomes.

WVU has been able to pull this off against everyone so far because they have been unable to capitalize. Make those same mistakes against Texass and OU, and it means trouble.

Problem with that is Texas turned the ball over five times all year in 6 games.
Ehlinger hasn't thrown an interception in 155+ attempts and only has two all year.

So the idea that forcing them into more plays will create more mistakes is not true.

What WV has to do is jump on Texas early. 21-0 and force Texas to open up their offense.
Texas is more of a team that wants to get in 3rd and 3 or shorter and run Ehlinger or if teams stack the box then hit their bigger WR's.
So 10 plays drives will help Texas because they have shown that ability and it will tire out WV that will cause miss tackles and big plays.

Last edited:
Disrespect? We're ranked #6 nationally in both polls after a sloppy, unimpressive victory over bottom-feeder Kansas.

I call that R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Sing it, Aretha, from the Heavens above to Almost Heaven!!!!!

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14

O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17

U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence

N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6

T errific, then timid on offense against Texas Tech, 42-34

A ntsy time for fans, vs. Kansas!, 38-22

I n 6th place nationally heading to Ames and Iowa State

N ail Baylor

E rectile dysfunction Texas

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

I hate to break it to you CFE but West Virginia is what they used to call back in the day a straw man.

Straw man- A overrated team that gets hyped to be thrown to the lions.

Wonder why the Big XII media was behind you.
Texass is as bad as Alabama even if they claim otherwise in their manipulative behavior.
WV needs to go to Austin and prove that Texass is the straw man.
They don't think y'all can beat a good Texas team.

Problem with that is Texas turned the ball over five times all year in 6 games.
Ehlinger hasn't thrown an interception in 155+ attempts and only has two all year.

So the idea that forcing them into more plays will create more mistakes is not true.

What WV has to do is jump on Texas early. 21-0 and force Texas to open up their offense.
Texas is more of a team that wants to get in 3rd and 3 or shorter and run Ehlinger or if teams stack the box then hit their bigger WR's.
So 10 plays drives will help Texas because they have shown that ability and it will tire out WV that will cause miss tackles and big plays.

True. But you also have to look at two things:

1) WVU's defense MAY be the best you have played this year. To me, still to early to tell but SO FAR it looks like it.
2) The law of averages always comes into play. You always have that game where you have a ton of mistakes. One mistake leads to others, etc. The longer Ehlinger goes without messing up, the better it looks for WVU.

I disagree with you about WVU jumping out to a big lead early. We've been there and done that already and it doesn't play out so well for us. Momentum is a funny mistress, get on the right side of her and she'll carry you to victory. Lose her, and she hardly ever comes back to you.

If WVU comes into the game healthy on the front, the run game might be nonexistent for Texass. However, we are one injury away from being in deep trouble anywhere.

True. But you also have to look at two things:

1) WVU's defense MAY be the best you have played this year. To me, still to early to tell but SO FAR it looks like it.
2) The law of averages always comes into play. You always have that game where you have a ton of mistakes. One mistake leads to others, etc. The longer Ehlinger goes without messing up, the better it looks for WVU.

I disagree with you about WVU jumping out to a big lead early. We've been there and done that already and it doesn't play out so well for us. Momentum is a funny mistress, get on the right side of her and she'll carry you to victory. Lose her, and she hardly ever comes back to you.

If WVU comes into the game healthy on the front, the run game might be nonexistent for Texass. However, we are one injury away from being in deep trouble anywhere.

USC has a good defense with NFL players all over.
Porter Gustin is unbelievable. Another great USC LB.

Are they better than WV I have no idea.
Is TCU's D better. Historically they are but that does not mean much.

It is about matchups. Mainly WV's corners on Texas' WR.
Collin Johnson is 6'6. He is a mismatch for anyone.
Haven't checked the size of WV's corners but if they are not 6'1 physical corners then that will be a matchup.

Sooner or later Ehlinger will throw an interception but sooner or later he will have complete control of the offense.
It is a Catch 22. He will throw an interception again but his ability to change the plays at the line is improving.

Last edited:
Don't underestimated Trill Sammy.
He would run through a wall and punch a gorilla for the state of Texas.

One of the reasons why having home state players is important. Some are playing for your school because they love where they are from

Trill Sammy in action....

Lay off the bong. If WVU runs the table there is no way they would not be in the playoffs. None. Book market. Done.

Alabama 6-0
Georgia 6-0
Ohio State 6-0
Clemson 6-0
Notre Dame 6-0

Tell me again who from Big 12 is going?

You know 2 SEC teams went last year. Alabama and Georgia. Both played in title game and Bama didn't even play in conference championship. Ohio State plays nobody the rest of the year. Clemson plays nobody rest of the year. Notre Dame is 5th and unbeaten. They have a tough row to go but to jump one of those 5 is out of WVU control.Texas lost to Mary. Can WVU beat Texas or beat OU twice? But now that I think about it, yes we can beat Texas.

They can keep WVU out even if they run the table. Book market. Done.

Last edited:
So who would you compare the 2018 university of Texas team to most? The1985 Chicago Bears or the 1978 Pittsburgh Steelers?

Compare them to Iowa State last year. Which promptly lost 5 straight after claiming they arrived.

Texas, are they back or just lucky. Tulsa came back and should have beaten them. K.State came back on them and fell short. OU overcame a 21 point deficit against them. Texas got lucky. I'm thinking yes we can beat Texas but can we beat OU twice? Texas defense, non existent.

Don't be an idiot wvuallen

If WVU beats Oklahoma than Texas has to lose three times in the next six games.
West Virginia will not be playing Oklahoma twice in two weeks

It is most likely
Texas Oklahoma
Texas West Virginia

Unless Texas totally collapses. Unlike Iowa State they look they are getting better.
There is a huge difference between Iowa State's players and Texas'

Not really. They both choke games. Well the biggest difference is Texas can't beat Mary.

Alabama 6-0
Georgia 6-0
Ohio State 6-0
Clemson 6-0
Notre Dame 6-0

You know 2 SEC teams went last year. Alabama and Georgia. Both played in title game and Bama didn't even play in conference championship. Ohio State plays nobody the rest of the year. Clemson plays nobody rest of the year. Notre Dame is 5th and unbeaten. They have a tough row to go but to jump one of those 5 is out of WVU control.Texas lost to Mary. Can WVU beat Texas or beat OU twice? But now that I think about it, yes we can beat Texas.

Alabama/Georgia winner
tOSU
ND
WVU

Clemson loses to Miami.

Alabama/Georgia winner
tOSU
ND
WVU

Clemson loses to Miami.

Alabama / Georgia were both in the playoffs last year and in final. Could happen again.
Ohio State plays nobody (probably in)
ND plays nobody (probably a better shot than WVU has)
Winner of Clemson / Miami probably gets in.

I think the key is ND needs to lose and WVU must be unbeaten.

The way I see it, the SEC championship game between Georgia and Bama will be the de facto championship game. Either one of those beats the fire out of everyone else.

From the rest, Ohio State has a pretty easy run with their only real test remaining is Michigan, and that is only because it is a rivalry game - ala UT and OU. You never know what can happen.

Notre Dame and WVU both look a lot alike. Pretty good but still have their flaws. Both go undefeated, they should both be in as they have both played a solid schedule with good wins (barring OU and UT don't collapse before then).

Clemson appears to be the one on the outside looking in. The whole argument last year against UCF was their weak schedule. The same "should" apply to Clemson. They will have played maybe one or two top 25 teams, if that, by schedule's end. Their championship game will likely be against a team that is barely .500. Hence, you've already seen ESPN trying to hype them up in an effort to influence voters.

Alabama 6-0
Georgia 6-0
Ohio State 6-0
Clemson 6-0
Notre Dame 6-0

Alabama 6-0
Georgia 6-0
Ohio State 6-0
Clemson 6-0
Notre Dame 6-0

Geez, do I have to continually give a history lesson for those who choose to ignore it.

13 of the 16 teams in the Football Final Four had a loss before the playoffs began. Only Florida State, Clemson and Alabama were unbeaten when the playoffs began.

So a 12-0 WVU (11-0 plus winning the Big 12 title game) WILL be in the Football Final Four. Bookmarket it.

Alabama is a given, either unbeaten or with 1 loss.

It's impossible for Alabama and Georgia to both be undefeated. For WVU's case, it's better if Alabama beats Georgia, which might not get in with 1 loss whereas Alabama would (you can't leave out the team that has won 5 of the last 9 national titles).

So that leaves Ohio State, Clemson and Notre Dame for the 3 non-Alabama selections.

Ohio State has to beat Michigan, Maryland and probably Wisconsin. The odds are that the Buckeyes will lose one of those games. History, again.

Clemson has to get by North Carolina State, Florida State and South Carolina, plus probably Miami or Virginia Tech. The odds are that Clemson will lose one of those games. History, again.

Ah, Notre Dame, halfway into the ACC, has the easiest stretch run. Syracuse and Southern Cal are the only foes left with winning records. Lack of a 13th data point would be a problem for the Irish if they somehow lose a game.

Worst case scenario: Alabama AND Notre Dame are undefeated, which has never happened. But Clemson, Ohio State and Georgia probably will have at least 1 loss. If WVU is undefeated, there's NO way that an unbeaten Mountaineers, with Will Grier as a hot Heisman candidate, would be left out.

So, just beat Iowa State, Baylor, Texas, TCU, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma and its Big 12 title game opponent and Grier and Gibby and the Mountaineers WILL be in the Football Final Four.

Bookmarket it!

N ail Baylor

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

Alabama 6-0
Georgia 6-0
Ohio State 6-0
Clemson 6-0
Notre Dame 6-0

Geez, do I have to continually give a history lesson for those who choose to ignore it.

13 of the 16 teams in the Football Final Four had a loss before the playoffs began. Only Florida State, Clemson and Alabama were unbeaten when the playoffs began.

So a 12-0 WVU (11-0 plus winning the Big 12 title game) WILL be in the Football Final Four. Bookmarket it.

Alabama is a given, either unbeaten or with 1 loss.

It's impossible for Alabama and Georgia to both be undefeated. For WVU's case, it's better if Alabama beats Georgia, which might not get in with 1 loss whereas Alabama would (you can't leave out the team that has won 5 of the last 9 national titles).

So that leaves Ohio State, Clemson and Notre Dame for the 3 non-Alabama selections.

Ohio State has to beat Michigan, Maryland and probably Wisconsin. The odds are that the Buckeyes will lose one of those games. History, again.

Clemson has to get by North Carolina State, Florida State and South Carolina, plus probably Miami or Virginia Tech. The odds are that Clemson will lose one of those games. History, again.

Ah, Notre Dame, halfway into the ACC, has the easiest stretch run. Syracuse and Southern Cal are the only foes left with winning records. Lack of a 13th data point would be a problem for the Irish if they somehow lose a game.

Worst case scenario: Alabama AND Notre Dame are undefeated, which has never happened. But Clemson, Ohio State and Georgia probably will have at least 1 loss. If WVU is undefeated, there's NO way that an unbeaten Mountaineers, with Will Grier as a hot Heisman candidate, would be left out.

So, just beat Iowa State, Baylor, Texas, TCU, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma and its Big 12 title game opponent and Grier and Gibby and the Mountaineers WILL be in the Football Final Four.

Bookmarket it!

N ail Baylor

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

If Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and Notre dame are unbeaten as WVU could be. Then WVU is squeezed out. Book market bitch.

Alabama and Georgia both had 1 loss last year and made it.

There is no such thing as a football final four. It's CFP. Learn it love it or leave it.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Winning fixes all. Iowa State is doing a good job of getting WVUs attention today. I really think this team gets bored with easier opponents.
The last 2 weeks have been typical wvu football under this coach's tenure. Its just a prelude to the annual late season collapses. If it wasn't for some magical night down in Miami were everything clicked this guy would have been gone along time ago.

Reactions: Rootmaster
If Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and Notre dame are unbeaten as WVU could be. Then WVU is squeezed out. Book market bitch.

Alabama and Georgia both had 1 loss last year and made it.

There is no such thing as a football final four. It's CFP. Learn it love it or leave it.
You don't have to worry once Fluffer Holgorsen starts playing have decent competition he will get exposed Like always. Book mark it bitch.

I will NEVER understand why posters are SO insecure that they have to get nasty and call people names.

The intelligent posters here, including me, only want information about WVU.

My alma mater is 5-0 and ranked #6 nationally. What the hell is there to be nasty about?

The name-callers have my sympathy. And their families deserve even more sympathy for being forced to live with them.

Now, let's talk about Grier and Gibby and shredding Iowa State, even in Ames! God, I love Mountaineer football. And posters who are civil and have IQs above 70.

N ail Baylor

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

Spooky is so funny. Let me know when you have something concrete beside what's between your ears.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT