ADVERTISEMENT

Why are people disrespecting WV

Just keep winning. Respect is earned. We have a gauntlet to run in November. We have a schedule that will stand the test. 12-0 and we're in.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Winning fixes all. Iowa State is doing a good job of getting WVUs attention today. I really think this team gets bored with easier opponents.

They do have to play in Ames and Brock Purdy looks for real.
ISU won his recruitment over some big time schools.

Baylor looks to be 4-2 now and can give any team issues because of their great WR.

Baylor's physical and fast WRs might be even better than Texas'

I'm glad we won today. I will enjoy the season as a fan. But, I've seen enough to be realistic. We're probably not good enough right now to finish the season as a top 10 team. We haven't played a really good team yet. My view is we're a good team but not a great team. I hope we win 'em all - but realistically, can we really go 4-0 against TCU, OSU, OU and Texas? (Let alone at ISU?) We just have too many issues that this far into the season are pretty clear: the OL, especially the interior OL, has problems, too thin at LB (due to injuries) and that is going to be a problem with stopping the run against the better B12 teams, issues with penalties. Also, Will is pressing too much - but that he can fix. He was trying too hard to make throws to his main guys when they were doubled. I thought Spav did a good job calling some other passes - to TEs and RBs. Cause if other team is going to go double high safeties and jam up Sills and Jennings, then the TE and RB routes should be open.

The Mountaineers have to beat someone of merit and play a complete 4 quarters game before folks will believe. Ton of talent but sloppy.

WV has a Puncher's chance against Texas.

I have been telling you what Herman is creating on offense

They take whatever they want. You play the safties high they run on you with Ehlinger.
You load the box they use their big physical WR.

Herman has better skill players at UT than he did at Ohio St according to recruiting rankings.
Herman and Ohio St were unstoppable in 2014.

Against Oklahoma today you saw that offense again.
That is scary for the rest of CFB

UTs offense won’t generate enough offense to beat WVU unless we have 3+ turnovers.

My cautionary tale for Texas is this. When WVU beat Texas back in 2012 both sides thought that that was a battle for the ages. In the end, both teams were not very good. Just chew on that.

I think there is one great team in Alabama and anybody and everybody else could be beaten any week.

UTs offense won’t generate enough offense to beat WVU unless we have 3+ turnovers.

My cautionary tale for Texas is this. When WVU beat Texas back in 2012 both sides thought that that was a battle for the ages. In the end, both teams were not very good. Just chew on that.

I think there is one great team in Alabama and anybody and everybody else could be beaten any week.

You actually think your offense is anywhere close to OU.
Kyler Murray is unstoppable. Will Grier makes some big throws but he may have 55% of the game of Murray without the elite OL, two track star WRs and great RB.

Bama is elite. UGA is elite

About 9 teams are great.

Kyler Murray is unstoppable. Will Grier makes some big throws but he may have 55% of the game of Murray without the elite OL, two track star WRs and great RB.

About 9 teams are great.

Slow your roll. You lost to Maryland and you had a heckuva time beating Kansas State.
Congrats on the win. Oklahoma had their hands full being army… At home.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
I'm glad we won today. I will enjoy the season as a fan. But, I've seen enough to be realistic. We're probably not good enough right now to finish the season as a top 10 team. We haven't played a really good team yet. My view is we're a good team but not a great team. I hope we win 'em all - but realistically, can we really go 4-0 against TCU, OSU, OU and Texas? (Let alone at ISU?) We just have too many issues that this far into the season are pretty clear: the OL, especially the interior OL, has problems, too thin at LB (due to injuries) and that is going to be a problem with stopping the run against the better B12 teams, issues with penalties. Also, Will is pressing too much - but that he can fix. He was trying too hard to make throws to his main guys when they were doubled. I thought Spav did a good job calling some other passes - to TEs and RBs. Cause if other team is going to go double high safeties and jam up Sills and Jennings, then the TE and RB routes should be open.

Not the way we played against Kansas, with 4 turnovers and 3 failures in the red zone, and our QB had to save us from a 90 yard pick-6, and the 2nd half against Texas Tech.

Iowa State IN AMES can be a terror. I-State won't be lethargic and careless. I think Grier had his worst game as a college QB. I know that sounds stupid with 4 TD passes, but he failed the eyeball test in miserable fashion.

The good news that WVU is the only Big 12 team that has lost to no one except Hurricane Florence and is tied for 1st place in the Big 12 with Texas.

It's way past time for Grier to have a Heisman game and for team to remember that "60 Minutes" is more than a CBS news program.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14

O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17

U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence

N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6

T errific, then timid on offense against Texas Tech, 42-34

A ntsy time for fans, vs. Kansas!, 38-22

I ncinerate Iowa State

N ail Baylor

E rectile dysfunction Texas

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

Slow your roll. You lost to Maryland and you had a heckuva time beating Kansas State.
Congrats on the win. Oklahoma had their hands full being army… At home.

Texas is good team but not what they should be.

I have seen a lot of great QBs and what Lincoln Riley has done with Kyler Murray is crazy.
This guy can be a first round draft pick in football and baseball if he wants.
He is better than Mike Vick.
He is Lamar Jackson with an arm.

DC Todd Orlando dominated Lamar Jackson at Houston with 10 players not as good and one player who is better.
Kyler Murray is another level

Texas lost to Maryland, OU lost to Texas. WVU will only have 12 games. Big 12 will stay home for the CFP.

It is because you are WV. Just like TN. You are right you have to prove them wrong. TN Can't so i hope you do.

Give it up. You are not a Tennessee fan.
To quote the great Lloyd Bentsen.
I know a Volunteer and you are no Volunteer.

Tennessee was a borderline bluebloof and still is a great historic program.
Don't disrespect Tennessee

Texas lost to Maryland, OU lost to Texas. WVU will only have 12 games. Big 12 will stay home for the CFP.

Lay off the bong. If WVU runs the table there is no way they would not be in the playoffs. None. Book market. Done.

Texas is good team but not what they should be.

I have seen a lot of great QBs and what Lincoln Riley has done with Kyler Murray is crazy.
This guy can be a first round draft pick in football and baseball if he wants.
He is better than Mike Vick.
He is Lamar Jackson with an arm.

DC Todd Orlando dominated Lamar Jackson at Houston with 10 players not as good and one player who is better.
Kyler Murray is another level

So someone who has played one year of college football and might be 5 foot seven is better than Lamar Jackson (who won the Heisman).

I know I’m kind of repeating what you’re saying but I’m hoping that’s going to help me absorb the blatant stupidity of what you just said.

So someone who has played one year of college football and might be 5 foot seven is better than Lamar Jackson (who won the Heisman).

I know I’m kind of repeating what you’re saying but I’m hoping that’s going to help me absorb the blatant stupidity of what you just said.

Lamar Jackson lacks the arm strength of Kyler Murray.
He has actually played now 3+ years of CFB.
He is a RS Junior and played for A&M in 2015 for a few games before he transfered. Started a game against WV last year and looked great.
Plus played at a great HS program. His daddy was one of the greatest Texas A&M QBs in history.

Don't be a fool. Watch with your own eyes.

You are an absolute idiot.

Oklahoma with Baker Mayfield and better players scored 29 on Texas

Kyler Murray scored 45.
The guy has a cannon for an arm. Quick release. Is dangerous with his feet due to acceleration.
It is like watching a cannon ball shot out of a cannon when he moves.
Can get to sideline to sideline in seconds

Lay off the bong. If WVU runs the table there is no way they would not be in the playoffs. None. Book market. Done.
Exactly right. Texas beating Ok yesterday is EXACTLY what we needed. If they both keep winning, we are now going to play two Top 10 teams in the final month of the year. No way a Top 10 team that beats TWO other Top 10 teams in the final month of the season doesn't make the playoff.

But, first things first, we need to get our shit together. Because, if we play next week like we played yesterday, we won't beat Iowa St

You are an absolute idiot.

Oklahoma with Baker Mayfield and better players scored 29 on Texas

Kyler Murray scored 45.
The guy has a cannon for an arm. Quick release. Is dangerous with his feet due to acceleration.
It is like watching a cannon ball shot out of a cannon when he moves.
Can get to sideline to sideline in seconds

Wait...Baker Mayfield has another year of eligibility AND played THIS 2018 Texas team this year against the same exact SAME team that Murray did!?!

Holy shit....you literally just wrote that. Seriously, how many times were you dropped on your head as a child?

Lamar Jackson lacks the arm strength of Kyler Murray.
He has actually played now 3+ years of CFB.
He is a RS Junior and played for A&M in 2015 for a few games before he transfered. Started a game against WV last year and looked great.
Plus played at a great HS program. His daddy was one of the greatest Texas A&M QBs in history.

Don't be a fool. Watch with your own eyes.

Damn you Horn fans are dumb. To turn around Iversons’s quote...” I’m talking about GAMES. Not practice. Games.”

As far as playing experience goes, I was being generous by saying a full season before. There is a reason he is running to baseball after this season. He literally has ZERO chance to play in the NFL as a QB unless they develop an under 6 foot league. I don’t know what he is listed at in the program. That being said, there is no way he is 5 foot eight. None.

About 9 teams are great.

Close, yes. When playing a full 4 quarters. They haven't shown that yet. Maybe by November they will.

Difference being is that right now I believe WVU's defense is better than OU's. Right now. So while UT scored 48 on OU, I don't think they will against WVU. WVU probably won't score 48 against Texass. The story will be will it be a shootout like UT-OU or a lower scoring affair. A shootout favors UT. Lower scoring WVU.

I agree, everyone else is playing for pride and the right to get the crap kicked out of them by Bama in January.

If we have our starting LBs back in time for Texas, it’s a whole new defense. We essentially have safties at LB right now

Close, yes. When playing a full 4 quarters. They haven't shown that yet. Maybe by November they will.

Difference being is that right now I believe WVU's defense is better than OU's. Right now. So while UT scored 48 on OU, I don't think they will against WVU. WVU probably won't score 48 against Texass. The story will be will it be a shootout like UT-OU or a lower scoring affair. A shootout favors UT. Lower scoring WVU.

I agree, everyone else is playing for pride and the right to get the crap kicked out of them by Bama in January.

What are you talking about....

Texas would much rather play a physical LOS game against WV.

WV will try to turn it in a shootout like OU.

Problem is Texas has proven to be the best team in the Big XII at both styles.

I would love to see WV play Texas in a LOS game.
It would get ugly. Texas is better on both lines and has a Running QB and a better RB.

What are you talking about....

Texas would much rather play a physical LOS game against WV.

WV will try to turn it in a shootout like OU.

Problem is Texas has proven to be the best team in the Big XII at both styles.

I would love to see WV play Texas in a LOS game.
It would get ugly. Texas is better on both lines and has a Running QB and a better RB.

So who would you compare the 2018 university of Texas team to most? The1985 Chicago Bears or the 1978 Pittsburgh Steelers?

ADVERTISEMENT