ADVERTISEMENT

Whos left?

Volatility

Senior
Jun 27, 2018
Charleston WV
www.equitysciences.com
Does anyone know how many more commits they will accept in the 2021 class? Also, what positions are they focused on? I think I recall Brown saying something about DB & LB, but I hope they get at least 1 more OL in the class, such as Colin Henrich, which has visited at some point.

Also, Im curious if our Defensive reputation this year will start to bare fruit in recruiting in the 2022 class. I know they have started pursuing 2022 recruits, but Im not seeing many targets...

Does anyone know the top several 2022 QB's they are trying to get? If I had to choose one, Braden Davis would probably be my top pick, but hes highly recruited, as many of the QBs on the 2022 offer list are... We really need another quality QB in the 2022 & 2023 classes to secure our next 6 years post Doege era, with Garrett Greene & Goose Crowder technically in the same class now, whichever one doesnt win the starting job, will probably transfer, which is why getting another good QB in the 22 or 23 classes will be critical for depth.. I also think if you get a QB commit early, it helps bring more talent to the class... So Im very curious who they are pursuing the hardest...

Last edited:
Brian, looks like we've struck out on all but 1 of the Pro style for 2022 and most of the Dual. There are still a few available but the pickin' is gettin' slim.

Why all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over players transferring from WVU?

Overwhelmingly they didn’t do well elsewhere.

And WVU manages to find talent to replace them.

So why all the anguish? It’s not harming WVU significantly.

But it does take a whack at fans’ egos, huh?

Should telling them about the thots😂

Visiting should start soon

Difficult when you can't get visits. How many of these players are paying to visit

With visiting allowed again WVU could improve Recruiting

You copy and pasted your posting on a competition site to the wrong tread on this forum doofus. But since you brought it up...you can't truly be such a sports illiterate to not be concerned with the portal's impact on WVU...can you?

It whacks at our depth and decreases our experience. Makes it hard to get to full strength as a team.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Does anyone know how many more commits they will accept in the 2021 class? Also, what positions are they focused on? I think I recall Brown saying something about DB & LB, but I hope they get at least 1 more OL in the class, such as Colin Henrich, which has visited at some point.

Also, Im curious if our Defensive reputation this year will start to bare fruit in recruiting in the 2022 class. I know they have started pursuing 2022 recruits, but Im not seeing many targets...

Does anyone know the top several 2022 QB's they are trying to get? If I had to choose one, Braden Davis would probably be my top pick, but hes highly recruited, as many of the QBs on the 2022 offer list are... We really need another quality QB in the 2022 & 2023 classes to secure our next 6 years post Doege era, with Garrett Greene & Goose Crowder technically in the same class now, whichever one doesnt win the starting job, will probably transfer, which is why getting another good QB in the 22 or 23 classes will be critical for depth.. I also think if you get a QB commit early, it helps bring more talent to the class... So Im very curious who they are pursuing the hardest...
The wild card is does coach Brown decide to take a guy in this year’s class and use a scholly from next year’s allotment. He can bring in a player that didn’t take an official visit that way. Have my doubts he will do it because the HS season was so screwed up from the virus and saving schollys for our roster needs from the transfer market is becoming more critical to filling our talent needs.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Often wondered why a Pat White type and system was not priority one for the Mountaineers. That's where our success came from. Instead we end up with statues.

Our top target, Braden Davis committed to South Carolina Friday
I was really hoping WVU would land Davis... Really bummed... That said, we did recently offer a 4star FSU QB commit. Nicco... AJ Duffy committed to FSU recently, so maybe a possible flip now there are two QBs in that class??

If not, I read Devin Kargman performed very well at the Elite 11 camp in Phili...

Critically important for us to land a high caliber QB every other year... 2022 being a "Up Year"... That said, things are looking slim atm, unless the staff can work a lil magic...

Considering QB has been a weakness, and we dont know yet the quality of Greene or Crowder, its probably at the top of the list of positions we need to focus on improving/recruiting at the highest level, but so are many others.

I dont understand why/how we can lose out to Missouri(Horn) & Rutgers(Gavin)... Maybe IM biased, but WVU should be out recruiting these programs.. Granted, its very early in NB's tenure, but when we lose out on a targeted player to what I feel to be an inferior program, its like a gut punch... Again, we have to give NB & Staff time to reshape WVU image...

CFE, this is a thread about QB targets for '22-'23 not Portal transfer outs.
WVU needs an identity to recruit to. Need to be known for certain type of team....attitude...and play. We will never be anything but a stepchild until that is established.

Often wondered why a Pat White type and system was not priority one for the Mountaineers. That's where our success came from. Instead we end up with statues.

TCU has been stuck on that.
At times it worked and they can play with pretty much anyone in the country.
For the most part it hasn't and they can't compete with the better teams in the conference.

The guys they can bring in at the WR position gives them that.
Those double moves when the safety is sneaking up to the LOS can create space.

Louisville is another team that has found it hard to go away from that.

The question today..

Do you want a Tom Brady QB or a Patrick Mahomes

Brady can sit in the pocket and process the defense very quickly.
Can't allude the pass rush

Mahomes is thinking about moving around in the pocket and takes away from his progressions.

But Mahomes can unload the ball at any arm angle on the run

This is pretty much where the debate is at

Both throw the ball...
Spread out a defense with their arm

ADVERTISEMENT