ADVERTISEMENT

Who will replace Thad Matta at OSU?

They are mentioning Huggy in their papers, don't see it happening, could work in our favor on that one recruit, forget his name.

In...my...dreams!!! No way it will happen, but I love your idea.

Then explain the lateness in the firing? NBA season just wrapped up for Stevens. Given about 7-10 days to "discuss" contract things (money, years, bonus, etc.). If it's not Stevens, or any other NBA person, then Ohio State's AD is a moron for doing it this late.

Billy Donovan is another NBA head coach, who is a very long shot. Marshall, Mack, Cronin, and Holtmann are the names that I am hearing.

Other names, possibly more familiar to WVU fans, out there are Frank Martin (sign me up), Smart, and Drew.

Marshall might be a hard get as well. But money talks.

They are mentioning Huggy in their papers, don't see it happening, could work in our favor on that one recruit, forget his name.

Isn't that really two equal programs. Would be a laterally move. Plus Hugh not going anywhere.

My list if I was AD:

1. Frank Martin
2. Gregg Marshall
3. Chris Holtmann
4. Michael White
5. Buzz Williams

Huggins probably only has 3 years left at most, he's not going to OSU.

What about Mark Few?

Few aint leaving Gonzaga. He's a God out there and he gets paid bank.

Mack would be a good hire.

Marshall is in the same boat as Few, a God in Wichita and gets more money than a ton of high majors..

Buzz would be a good hire.

Bennent would be a home run but would cost a shit load.

Scott Drew would be a good hire too.

Isn't that really two equal programs. Would be a laterally move. Plus Hugh not going anywhere.

Not even close IMO. Good Big Ten program is significant upgrade over a place like Morgantown. Huggins would listen and I doubt WVU would match what Ohio State could offer him.

Not even close IMO. Good Big Ten program is significant upgrade over a place like Morgantown. Huggins would listen and I doubt WVU would match what Ohio State could offer him.

Eh, any other coach and I'd agree that Ohio State is a more attractive job, but Huggins isn't leaving WVU. He's in his mid 60s and won't be coaching much longer.

Reactions: Nit16
If people think they want a NBA coach, Mike Brown.

They could of had Archie Miller if they timed this correctly.

You may have a point. The Big Ten is King.

Bullsh!t. Indiana hasn't had a better basketball program than Ohio State for 15 years.

I think it's that Blue Blood routine that keeps IU afloat. Even a chunk of Knight's teams sucked toward the end. I love watching IU shit the bed. My dad went to Purdue on a football scholly and then IU Medical School. Even he shakes his head at the IU hoop arrogance.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
I despise the "Loosiers," too, Greg. Bobby Knight's No. 1 priority was beating his alma mater, and did it more than I could stand. :weary:

Huggins probably only has 3 years left at most, he's not going to OSU.

What about Mark Few?

Few loves it there and is treated like Huggs is here. Plus, he is a big time fisherman and he Pacific Northwest is ideal for him. It's difficult to see him making a move, but you never know.

Maybe, maybe not. Indiana is still a better job and is a basketball first school.

You sir, are correct. Indiana is still one of the best 10 hoop jobs in the country.

What OSU has is resources. They have the money to attract any coach, but money isn't everything...the situation has to be the right fit too. Ohio also has players. OSU is in a tough league with many top-notch coaches. And yes, the basketball coach will always play second fiddle to the football coach.

OSU also has tradition dating back to the Fred Taylor days...however just like WVU, today's recruits don't know anything/could care less about Jerry West, Jerry Lucas or John Havlicek.

Eh, when you had a point guard who made it to the NCG in 2007, and makes an outlandish amount of money now in the NBA, and advanced to the Final Four as recently as 2012, there is no need to resort to the days when Bobby Knight sat on your bench as a player.

ADVERTISEMENT