ADVERTISEMENT

Who stays? and who goes?

Which Stoops? The one at Kentucky is recruiting well, but the record isn't quite there. Both UL and UK fans are going to be hollering for Brohm to brought in from WKU before long.

That article imo is a joke.
The fact Les Myles is in it proves it. Louisiana is broke and now underwater. How they gonna afford to fire him? Their AD botched it last season. You don't mess that up 2 seasons in a row. And who do they get that is better?

The names are total supposition and speculation.

This lady (pic shows a woman) Graham Watson if really wanted to show some stones would gave said ##% of the these coaches are gone at seasons end. The one I see with the hottest seat is Mark Stoops at UK. How many bad losses and non winning seasons do you get?

An indisputable fact:
4-5 average in the Big 12 isn't going to keep Dana's job. Nor should it.
Win or be gone. That's the college football coaching landscape today.
Why should Dana be immune?
6-3 Big 12 record, which Dana has never had, would go a long way toward keeping his job. And isn't unreasonable unless you're satisfied with a ho-hum record.
Let Dana's rise to football coaching prominence begin, or let the guy with Alabama experience go after someone who is closer to Nick Saban than Dana Holgorsen.
As usual, I'll be cheering my heart out for my alma mater against Missouri in Mountaineer Field on Saturday. And, as usual, I'll put my money where my mouth is when it comes to donating for my alma mater, far above the MAC requirements.
Others talk the game. I don't. I put up but I won't shut up.

M assacre Missouri

O bliterate Youngstown

U nnerve BYU

N euter Kansas State

T rample Texas Tech

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

E rectile dysfunction Oklahoma

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

Reactions: Rootmaster
An indisputable fact:
4-5 average in the Big 12 isn't going to keep Dana's job. Nor should it.
Win or be gone. That's the college football coaching landscape today.
Why should Dana be immune?
6-3 Big 12 record, which Dana has never had, would go a long way toward keeping his job. And isn't unreasonable unless you're satisfied with a ho-hum record.
Let Dana's rise to football coaching prominence begin, or let the guy with Alabama experience go after someone who is closer to Nick Saban than Dana Holgorsen.
As usual, I'll be cheering my heart out for my alma mater against Missouri in Mountaineer Field on Saturday. And, as usual, I'll put my money where my mouth is when it comes to donating for my alma mater, far above the MAC requirements.
Others talk the game. I don't. I put up but I won't shut up.

And what happens if Dana is fired for going 7-5 or 8-4 with a 4th place finish in the Big 12? What if the next coach is a no-name up and comer who fails to get above 7 wins over the next four years. What if we hire the next Steve Kragthorpe? What will the reasoning be then? I don't see any other coach available out there who has the Big 12 background and knows the Big 12 as well as Dana Holgorsen does who will come to West Virginia.

If Texas has another year like last year Strong will be gone. There are a lot of people in Texas that are not happy with Strong. Sumlin is also on the hot seat. I could see both of them being gone if they have losing seasons.

Dana's job is safe for now and many years to come.

Win or lose? I don't think so, measurable progress and improvement from last season will likely get him a raise and extension. Regression will likely cause his dismissal. A repeat of last year's mediocre success is what would create havoc and really put Lyons on the spot.

If Texas has another year like last year Strong will be gone. There are a lot of people in Texas that are not happy with Strong. Sumlin is also on the hot seat. I could see both of them being gone if they have losing seasons.

...and to think, just a few short years ago both of these coaches were hot commodities.

Dana's job is safe for the next seven years. That's when his Red Bull and pickle contracts run out. TorontoEERs passed this info along to ole Warez.

Reactions: MontaniEers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT