ADVERTISEMENT

"Who is going to make tackles 10 yards down field"

Allan Taylor question.

The answer is hopefully somebody because none of these guys did under Gibson. Next

With all of the improvements taking place on this term versus those of the recent past; I think the separation from Gibson is perhaps the biggest improvement. No one is talking about this change much in the common media but I think a year from now we are going to have a comparative that all of us will be surprised by. Many touted Gibson but I think it was unwarranted and I am glad he is gone.

We are basically replacing 2 guys. It sucks but safety was a position we were strong.

Definitely a position where we could afford some attrition. Plenty of serviceable safeties remaining on the roster.

I told you five months ago expect roster changes.
I thought it was going to be right after spring camp but it happened.

Nothing against Gibson. Good DC but didn't have the pieces.

It will be harder for Vic Koenning to find the pieces for his defense because of lack of instate talent but Koenning has the ability for his defense to change on the fly without substituting.

Offenses are bringing in players that are versatile so the D needs these players like that as well. Players that can lineup all over the field. Like a Grant Delpit at LSU or BJ Foster for Texas

Pay attention to Osita Smith. I would take him at Texas. He is that good.

Considering that our entire DL and most of our LB will be extremely technically sound in state kids I think that comment is unwarranted. For the size of WV we produce defensive players that can ball.

How many 225+ pound guys is WV producing that can cover a lot of space but have the size to play in the box.
If West Virginia had a few of these guys every year coming out of high school it would be easier.

You can't believe anything TVZ says. He is just here to make believe he knows everything.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Except when your boy tapped out like a bitch after running his hummer for months.

Thought I was a fake Texas fan..

It was all for a show.
He was a bulked up OLB playing DE on a three man front. Didn't complain that he was playing the wrong position. Was 30 pounds underweight.

Played the last couple of games with a dislocated elbow.
I wouldn't question his toughness.

Says he is going to help bring back the Big Blue.
Has a good chance to stick with the NY Giants. Their DC is high on him. Is a good backup 3-4 OLB/special team player.
Mainly because he will sacrifice for the betterment of the team. Hard to find players like that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT