ADVERTISEMENT

WhiteTail: Gives something we can short and make some loot

Tonycried2

All-Conference
Jun 25, 2008
I missed the boat on TSLA...always felt like they were shaky as we discussed but lacked the nads to pull the trigger!

I missed the boat on TSLA...always felt like they were shaky as we discussed but lacked the nads to pull the trigger!

Man. I wasn't shaky at all about TSLA, but wasn't in a position to take advantage. It was $33 when I wanted to buy.

I was still paying the ex-wife's house, car, and everything else, plus paying for grad school for my MBA.

As far as a short for now. Looks like damn near anything. :smiley:

Aside from watching Nutanix, I haven't been looking at much else and just holding what I have. All new investments have gone into already held mutual funds and/or ETF's.

I'd love to see a HUGE crash since I've got about 15 years to retirement. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Buy low.

Man. I wasn't shaky at all about TSLA, but wasn't in a position to take advantage. It was $33 when I wanted to buy.

I was still paying the ex-wife's house, car, and everything else, plus paying for grad school for my MBA.

As far as a short for now. Looks like damn near anything. :smiley:

Aside from watching Nutanix, I haven't been looking at much else and just holding what I have. All new investments have gone into already held mutual funds and/or ETF's.

I'd love to see a HUGE crash since I've got about 15 years to retirement. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Buy low.
I wanted to short TSLA at $ 340 about two months ago...would have made a quick $70,00 or so but lacked the balls.

Just go long AMZN, and cross your fingers that the Donald doesn't rip Bezos' a$$ on Twitter.

I wanted to short TSLA at $ 340 about two months ago...would have made a quick $70,00 or so but lacked the balls.

I don't study stuff enough to do that. I know I'm leaving a lot of money on the table, but if anything I'll just use a downturn as an opportunity to buy.

You don't want to be shorting, unless you're hedging, in a bull market, anyway, Whitetail.

You don't want to be shorting, unless you're hedging, in a bull market, anyway, Whitetail.
....depends on the company you're shorting! I think TSLA has deep problems, the trouble with the shorts is that you can be 100% correct about the underlying company and yet be wrong about the damn stock ...and lose your arse!

The other problem with shorting in a bull market is that the rising tide tends to lift most boats, including some of the leaky ones. I made some good money shorting during the housing crisis, as there were many overpriced lenders, which got crushed when the housing bubble burst.

The other problem with shorting in a bull market is that the rising tide tends to lift most boats, including some of the leaky ones. I made some good money shorting during the housing crisis, as there were many overpriced lenders, which got crushed when the housing bubble burst.
Yes, fortunes were made during that period!

ADVERTISEMENT