ADVERTISEMENT

White vs Cooper (How much does the college program effect draft position)

wvpaper

All-Conference
Nov 21, 2010
I remember wondering why so many WVU fans were convinced Cooper was better than White with White's advantages in size, strength, speed and production (factoring in the double coverage White had to deal with, and Cooper rarely saw).

The answer is media hype clearly has its intended effect on viewers,and WVU fans are no exception.

I always enjoy seeing the crap washed away when people whose jobs depend on it have to do the evaluating.

historically not that much ...

The program may affect draft position slightly, but top talent from lower schools still get drafted highly (Flacco, Big Ben come to mind). I think White is a better draft pick due to his upside, but Cooper is a more polished receiver at this point. Neither one is so much better than the other that I would fault the team that takes a WR first for picking White or Cooper..

Right on. Plus . . .

Originally posted by The Bell Tolls for Thee:
The program may affect draft position slightly, but top talent from lower schools still get drafted highly (Flacco, Big Ben come to mind). I think White is a better draft pick due to his upside, but Cooper is a more polished receiver at this point. Neither one is so much better than the other that I would fault the team that takes a WR first for picking White or Cooper..
These guys' careers depend on them drafting right. So they draft players, not schools. Granted, if you're from Alabama or Florida State, you might get a little lift, but nothing worthwhile.

These guys measure speed, agility, smarts, not the location of your college playing field. Just check the NFL rosters: They'll full of guys who did well but from schools not in the top 10 the year they played.

There are a lot of good players not in the Power 5. It's just that the Power 5 schools have more of them to win with.

CUYAHOGA FALLS EERS

Re: White vs Cooper is immaterial..............really.

Paper.................could it be because White quit playing for the last five games of the season? He didn't appear to want the ball during the last five games ............and all.

it's weird how people want to believe players quit on wvu in the 2nd half of every season under dana

Originally posted by wvpaper:
it's weird how people want to believe players quit on wvu in the 2nd half of every season under dana
I have your jack-ass on ignore but just had to see your inane response to this one...Kevin had a nagging injury that hampered him during the last half of the season...you KNOW this yet YOU choose to elicit the idea that he quit on Dana, he quit on the Mountaineers, he doesn't want to win? He has no pride? From all I've seen of the young man he has an exemplary work ethic, is well spoken, a solid family foundation, and a proud Mountaineer...Wtf is wrong with you paperboy? Go start yet another thread in your BS trolling way...pathetic...YOU POLLUTE THIS BOARD! Next...I'll tell you how I really feel....

toron, you certainly have a flair for dramatics,..

all your drivel was meant for warez. but you're too drunk to realize it who is saying what... again

please leave me on ignore, you silly pos

you are having another breakdown. please ignore any poster that upsets you. and please take care of yourself

dude, put me back on ignore for your own good. i dont want to live inside your head like this

The point is you pollute this board constantly...you are impossible to avoid! Even when your sorry ass is on ignore there is still more than a half dozen posts from you trying to stir up shit...one doesn't even need to look at the body of the post...a simple look at the header and the majority KNOWS wtf you are up to...the more you get called out on your all too predictable BS should be the better...but nope! Here's the paperboy AGAIN to throw more $hit on the wall...see if it sticks...

it pisses me off when you and warez say players quit on dana. i know you're narcissist.and it's just your nature. still, i respond.

Paperboy.............allz you had to tell me is that Super K was injured and couldn't go full speed. Note that I stated that it 'appeared' that Super K was playing in low gear. By the way......I didn't even mention Dana's name. You did all that. I know where your posts are centered and what your agenda is. You ain't hard to figure out. One more thang...............get offen the TorontoEERs! He works for me and all.

Originally posted by torontoeers:
The point is you pollute this board constantly...you are impossible to avoid! Even when your sorry ass is on ignore there is still more than a half dozen posts from you trying to stir up shit...one doesn't even need to look at the body of the post...a simple look at the header and the majority KNOWS wtf you are up to...the more you get called out on your all too predictable BS should be the better...but nope! Here's the paperboy AGAIN to throw more $hit on the wall...see if it sticks...
he's a moron

Originally posted by GetYaNumbersUp:

Originally posted by torontoeers:
he's a moron
Oh he sure as heck is!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT