ADVERTISEMENT

Where's proof of "tampering"?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Neal Brown says other schools "tampered" with WVU players who left.

Legally or illegally? Specifically, what did they do and which schools did it?

Pretty serious charge. Maybe Neal should turn his evidence over to the NCAA for punishment. What IS the punishment for "tampering" with another school's players who have NOT entered the transfer portal?

To just throw it out there with no publicized proof seems like whining.

There is no such thing as legal tampering.

See Auburn and Georgia for examples of tampering. What makes you think he hasn't turned it into the NCAA?

This new transfer rule eliminates the permission to contact.

In 1999, Alabama was slammed by the NCAA and in court after it was proven that at least $150,000 was paid to defensive lineman Albert Means' high school coach to deliver him to the school.

And the most blatant scandal arose in the late 1970s when SMU built its program by paying players, leading to it becoming one of the top teams in the 1980s. However, in 1987 they were handed the NCAA's death penalty, having to cancel their 1987 and 1988 seasons.

In the midst of the scandal was the recruitment of all-time great NFL running back Eric Dickerson, half of their "Pony Express" backfield with Craig James.

Tampering is not something new. It's been around forever. So get a clue.

Maybe you should quit posting with multiple profiles so you can keep your shit straight.

If you don’t think there is tampering going, you need to take your head out of the sand …. or your ass or whatever dark hole it’s in.

AAU coaches, shoe companies, agents and the cling-ons in players ears don’t do this for free. They are peddling these kids to any and every team that has a need and EXPECTING something in return….. and they get it…. usually under the table. If anybody thinks that these “influencers” do this out of the goodness of their hearts AND think the coaches are completely oblivious to what is happening you are a complete fool.

Pretty serious charge. Maybe Neal should turn his evidence over to the NCAA for punishment. What IS the punishment for "tampering" with another school's players who have NOT entered the transfer portal?

So as long as proof isn't publicized it doesn't exist? And by the same reasoning if an accusation is publicized enough it becomes real even if it never happened. I understand this more and more every day:
815.jpg

Reactions: WVUALLEN

Interesting that you launch such weakly camouflaged shots at our current HC. There are quite legitimate reasons to release the fact that tampering occurs and believed to have occurred with recent WVU players. Also quite legitimate to not launch a 'shooting war' by getting ultra specific. Hard to believe his actions would be considered by an 'even tempered Senior' as whining.
BTW, CONGRATULATIONS are, quite obviously, in order. YOU FOUND the CAPS LOCK key and, most likely through serious experimentation, discovered how it works. Who says that old dogs cannot learn new tricks? Could be it just takes a lot longer, longer, longer....

Amazing how many people get their underwear all twisted up over caps instead of just concentrating on the words. Guess they need something to bitch about instead of their own lives. You have my sympathy.

Amazing how many people get their underwear all twisted up over caps instead of just concentrating on the words. Guess they need something to bitch about instead of their own lives. You have my sympathy.
Amazing how you never answered or replied to all the comments against your flawed assumption.

Reactions: Rootmaster
It appears you have a difficulty reading and understanding content of those messages sent your direction. Most contain a wide variety of detailed discussion regarding your twisted take on numerous topics. The CAPS are only an indication that you are having a significantly difficult time processing anything comprehensive or somewhat complex. The caps are but a refection and indication of the malady generally expressed in inane attacks or other gibberish. Hard to read and take serious that which is written (ALL in CAPS), as is often seen from a child or one without full, functioning mental facilities. The CAPs usage is not as you seem desirous of describing it but a symptom of the broader underlying contributor.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Interesting that you launch such weakly camouflaged shots at our current HC. There are quite legitimate reasons to release the fact that tampering occurs and believed to have occurred with recent WVU players. Also quite legitimate to not launch a 'shooting war' by getting ultra specific. Hard to believe his actions would be considered by an 'even tempered Senior' as whining.
BTW, CONGRATULATIONS are, quite obviously, in order. YOU FOUND the CAPS LOCK key and, most likely through serious experimentation, discovered how it works. Who says that old dogs cannot learn new tricks? Could be it just takes a lot longer, longer, longer....

"you launch such weakly camouflaged shots at our current HC."

OBVIOUSLY YOU DIDN'T READ ALL MY POST. I'VE SAID, AGAIN AND AGAIN, THAT I LIKE NEAL BROWN AND HOPE HE DOES WELL AT MY ALMA MATER. BUT THAT I CONSIDER IT NOT WISE TO COMPLAIN WHILE ADMITTING HE CAN'T PROVE IT. EVERYONE IN AMERICA IS INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY. EVEN COACHES.

I agree for you once, CFE. Now, try to spin the fact that the Big 12 had ZERO NFL First Round Draft picks last night (see the thread started by Allen).

No none cares what you think

• Haha
Reactions: KingCoal

Go back to the washed up small town local high school sportswriter gig. That was funny. You’re not smart enough to be a witty entertaining troll.

It appears you have a difficulty reading and understanding content of those messages sent your direction. Most contain a wide variety of detailed discussion regarding your twisted take on numerous topics. The CAPS are only an indication that you are having a significantly difficult time processing anything comprehensive or somewhat complex. The caps are but a refection and indication of the malady generally expressed in inane attacks or other gibberish. Hard to read and take serious that which is written (ALL in CAPS), as is often seen from a child or one without full, functioning mental facilities. The CAPs usage is not as you seem desirous of describing it but a symptom of the broader underlying contributor.
I can't stop laughing reading this pasted together bunch of disjointed phrases by an illiterate fake trying to sound marginally coherent. Not working doofus. Btw...what the hell is "refection"? Lol

Teeny tiny little micro miniscule DickHead/TVZ is back with his...her...its middle school humor. Must be lonely in the basement with mommy entertaining callers upstairs.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Have to collect the $$$ at the door. Did your girl tell you some bullshit again. Take care of my girls

The Beatles said it best about cfe. "He's a real nowhere man living in a nowhere land...".

YOU FORGOT TO ADD: SITTING IN THE COUNTING HOUSE COUNTING HIS MONEY. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MY OWN OMBUDSMAN IN LIFE AND CAREER. YES, I HAVE HAD SOME EXCELLENT AND LEGENDARY HELPERS ALONG THE WAY. BUT I DON'T SIT IN THE CORNER AND WHINE. I STARE THE PROBLEM IN THE EYE AND MAKE ADJUSTMENTS SO THAT THE NEW SITUATION BENEFITS ME AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. BUT SPORTS FORUM POSTERS PREFER TO BITCH AND COMPLAIN AND DEPEND ON SOMEONE ELSE ... LIKE THE NCAA ... TO SOLVE WVU'S PROBLEM. HUGGINS COMES OUT OF THESE CHANGES QUITE WELL. WHY NOT ADOPT THE HUGGINS STRATEGY FOR THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT AND BENEFIT FROM THE CHANGES? ONCE BOB RETIRES OR DIES, WVU WILL BE HARD-PRESSED TO FIND HIS EQUAL.

YOU FORGOT TO ADD: SITTING IN THE COUNTING HOUSE COUNTING HIS MONEY. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MY OWN OMBUDSMAN IN LIFE AND CAREER. YES, I HAVE HAD SOME EXCELLENT AND LEGENDARY HELPERS ALONG THE WAY. BUT I DON'T SIT IN THE CORNER AND WHINE. I STARE THE PROBLEM IN THE EYE AND MAKE ADJUSTMENTS SO THAT THE NEW SITUATION BENEFITS ME AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. BUT SPORTS FORUM POSTERS PREFER TO BITCH AND COMPLAIN AND DEPEND ON SOMEONE ELSE ... LIKE THE NCAA ... TO SOLVE WVU'S PROBLEM. HUGGINS COMES OUT OF THESE CHANGES QUITE WELL. WHY NOT ADOPT THE HUGGINS STRATEGY FOR THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT AND BENEFIT FROM THE CHANGES? ONCE BOB RETIRES OR DIES, WVU WILL BE HARD-PRESSED TO FIND HIS EQUAL.
1. Your cap lock is on again...lol.
2. There are a ton of adjustments you failed to make.
3. Your low self esteem is showing again.
4. Who's talking about Huggs?
5. Your grammar and sentence structure peg you not only as a fraud but as a 7th grade grad.

OBVIOUSLY YOU DIDN'T READ ALL MY POST. I'VE SAID, AGAIN AND AGAIN, THAT I LIKE NEAL BROWN AND HOPE HE DOES WELL AT MY ALMA MATER. BUT THAT I CONSIDER IT NOT WISE TO COMPLAIN WHILE ADMITTING HE CAN'T PROVE IT. EVERYONE IN AMERICA IS INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY. EVEN COACHES.
OBVIOUSLY, you have a strange, twisted way in showing support--callingthe 'guy' a whiner? Yeh, that's great support!.
Since you desire to pose as a half-a$$ lawyer, let me counter that proof positive is not always required to prove a case. Ever hear of circumstantial evidence? There are some folks that are bright enough to avoid a war when a simple declaration that there is knowledge that the enemy is a slime ball is sufficient to make the bigger point regarding the need for legislation by a higher authority. And, please, dispenses with the lawyer bluster that "all are innocent....blah....blah....blah. By your own admission no one has been named so there is no direct accusation. So this argument is, simply, foolish.
Back to the CAPs again! Have you so quickly had a severe lapse of memory and cannot, once more, recall how to turn them off? Sad.

Reactions: Volatility

I dont think a man like Neal Brown would have made that public comment without very strong circumstantial/hearsay evidence. Also, he didnt say any specific names or programs, it was a general statement that he personally feels tampering is happening now more then even, now players can leave at the drop of a hat. That players are contacted by programs who mention they will offer if they get in the portal. I dont believe that is a illogical assumption, considering cheating in recruiting is as old as the game itself, and now even more-so now players can be a 1st string CB, in a pass happy league, on the #1 Defense in the Big12, and leave for a school with no previous connections, esp a school/program/booster members historically known for cheating with recruiting.

I dont think its whining to state the obvious, an obvious flaw in the new system, one thats impossible to mitigate. A flaw which magnifies an already corrupt system. If you think booster members, program associates/support staff, booster associates, and/or direct staff members are not trying to find every possible edge possible, by any means possible, with so much at stake, that is not a logical thought process.

PAYING PLAYERS:

I support player rights, and I do think they should be paid for their likeness, ex: when its used in a video game, but these should be a fee video game providers have to pay the NCAA, then they pay ALL players equally who are listed in the game, an equal amount to each school, and equal amount to each player, so no specific program can leverage it recruiting, by saying "Our players get more from xyz".... Whatever is allocated from "Likeness revenues" is spread evenly between D1 / P5 programs. Video games, jersey sales, etc. Otherwise a booster of lets say Auburn, could purchase 10,000 jerseys of a single player. Its justa form of money laundering, like when Obama's "got a book deal and sold million copies on the first day", or the Clintons "$500K for a 15min Goldman Sachs speech"., OR the Clintons $500 Million Russian donation to the Clinton Foundation directly after approving to sale a vast amount of our Uranium(That my grandfather mined).. Or Dick Cheney destroying Iraq so his contruction company would get all the contracts to rebuild it.. Or when a Senators daughter gets a free MBA and job as a CEO of the states largest pharm company.. Or when Senator gets a large political donation, then starts a consulting company, transfers the funds to the consulting company so they will then have access without need for documented spending..Or when a congresswoman marries her political consultant then pays his firm millions of her campaign donations. Nothing more then back-channel payoffs and money laundering.

TRANSFER:
Players should be allowed to transfer, HOWEVER still required to sit 1 year, BUT without losing their redshirt. That is a win/win.
1. Players get to transfer
2. Players get an extra year of free education, training, resources, etc.
3. Does not introduce unregulated free agency into NCAAF.

That is the most logical solution, that said probably makes to much sense for the NCAA. There are some logical, fair, & balanced solutions where you can find a path to provide players additional support without jeopardizing the reasons why we all love collegiate sports. It just requires strength, insight, and a pinch of I dont give a shit about political/partisan BS Im gonna protect the sanctity of the sport at all costs..

Neal Brown "speaking truth to power", (a phrase often used by the logically impaired) is a far cry from whining. I believe hes simply stating an obvious unmitigated disaster of a uninsightful policy that could very well ruin NCAAF. Eventually, fans will no longer follow recruiting, players, or give a shit. Why make an investment, when they can be back-channeled short money bribed after they have exploited time, resources, & mentoring/teaching to hone their craft simply for a gold Rolex..

Eventually, and we've already seen the beginnings, people will not follow the program as closely, or allow themselves to be emotionally invested. Ultimately reducing program boosters/donors, player support post athletic career, and student athlete support. Its a long term monetary loss not being factored in by players whos chasing the short money. Do you think Auburn fans will remember or support D Miller for the rest of his life? 10 years from now, he'll just be that guy who played a year, if they recall at all. While we would have supported him throughout all of his life's ventures. Its immediately taking a blow torch to your established following & network, all of which can be monetized in various ways, as long as they have a brain. We have to keep in mind, these are kids, who come from a very poor family, neighborhood, with certain attractions within their culture. You offer a $40K Gold Rolex to a 4 star CB, and I bet they seriously consider transferring, not all, but many would...

Thats why portal & transfer rules need to be a certain way to mitigate the negative effects or paths for unethical actors, and as long as jobs, wins, & millions of $$ are on the line, there will always be those who could give a shit about rules or ethics..

Neal Brown stated the obvious, human nature is habitual & predictive, and it has been since the dawn of time for those with a brain. Anyone who thinks the new transfer rule has not increased back-channel tactics are mentally impaired, selectively ignorant, or are fans of the programs most responsible/benefiting and choose to look the other way because........ human nature

Last edited:
Reactions: Euell

CFE supports cheating. Tons of proof. NCAA will do nothing. You can't get them to notice if you don't speak out against the Auburn and Georgia's of college football.

CFE supports cheating. Tons of proof. NCAA will do nothing. You can't get them to notice if you don't speak out against the Auburn and Georgia's of college football.
Well Allen what do you expect from middle school educated cfe. His whole life and backstory is a lie and a cheat. He routinely cuts and pastes material from the internet to look semi literate. And he does it with a stuck cap lock!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT