ADVERTISEMENT

Where's Bucky. He is slipping. More moves coming? Additional Big 12 Expansion details emerge

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009

Question: Why is the new Big 12 considered a G5 conference? Last I checked, 66% of the reformed conference were P5 teams.

If the line of thinking is that the Big 12 was only P5 because of OU/Texas, then does that mean teams that aren't blue bloods also considered G5 teams?

I mean, you going to tell me with a straight face that Oregon state, Wazzu, Cal, Colorado, Utah, AZ, AZSt, Vandy, Mizzou, Arkansas, USC (gamecocks), Illini, Indiana, Northwestern, Purdue, Wake, UNC, Duke, Pitt, BC, Cuse, and current day Nebraska, FSU, and Miami are P5 teams?

If those teams are considered P5, then it's only because they play a good team and/or a blue blood team. Well...what if they avoid playing them 1 season? Are they a G5 now? This whole "Big 12 with the AAC teams is just a G5 now" talk is just trash. Let's face it, all conferences have mostly G5 teams. They're coasting off their blue bloods success just as the Big12 was doing before OU/UT left. I'd be more worried about your own conference imploding when your blue bloods leave and form a minor league football conference taking the top 20-32 teams. No conference is safe from the bags of cash Mickey Mouse will throw at them.

Reactions: hendu1976fl

Question: Why is the new Big 12 considered a G5 conference? Last I checked, 66% of the reformed conference were P5 teams.

If the line of thinking is that the Big 12 was only P5 because of OU/Texas, then does that mean teams that aren't blue bloods also considered G5 teams?

I mean, you going to tell me with a straight face that Oregon state, Wazzu, Cal, Colorado, Utah, AZ, AZSt, Vandy, Mizzou, Arkansas, USC (gamecocks), Illini, Indiana, Northwestern, Purdue, Wake, UNC, Duke, Pitt, BC, Cuse, and current day Nebraska, FSU, and Miami are P5 teams?

If those teams are considered P5, then it's only because they play a good team and/or a blue blood team. Well...what if they avoid playing them 1 season? Are they a G5 now? This whole "Big 12 with the AAC teams is just a G5 now" talk is just trash. Let's face it, all conferences have mostly G5 teams. They're coasting off their blue bloods success just as the Big12 was doing before OU/UT left. I'd be more worried about your own conference imploding when your blue bloods leave and form a minor league football conference taking the top 20-32 teams. No conference is safe from the bags of cash Mickey Mouse will throw at them.
Quoting Will Stocks?

ADVERTISEMENT