ADVERTISEMENT

When your head coach flirts with 3rd tier TECH, do you expect players to have loyalty?

WVUDisciples

All-Conference
Dec 28, 2002
Give Grier a break. Monkey see, monkey do.

When your AD praises a head coach who has a "me first" attitude, how can we gripe about the players doing the same thing?

If you want to complain about the situation, start at the top -- and I don't mean Dana. Shane Lyons is the one letting this culture of disloyalty flourish. I don't blame Grier one bit. If he were my son and the head coach wasn't loyal, I wouldn't tell my son to be sold out either!

I have secondhand knowledge that Tech was never interested in DH.

It was his agent that threw his names into articles.
When.....ESPN writes these articles agents throw their coaches name into them to renegotiate an extension.

Tech wanted a coach who understood west Texas, that would bring a different style to Lubbock and could re energize the fanbase.

Dana was not the guy.
They fired one of their own to get rid of the AirRaid mindeset.
Pretty much admitting a mistake after Tommy Tuberville.
They wanted Leach back but got a second rate Mike Leach.
Dana would have been that same mindset.

Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
Why would TT have been remotely interested in Coach Mediocre?

They never were....

They wanted a coach who would bring back what Spike Dykes started in the 1980's.
When you saw Taylor Cornelius.. that was the type of players that Tech forgot and stopped recruiting.
Their heart and soul is west Texas kids who believe football is bigger than life and play like that.

I have secondhand knowledge that Tech was never interested in DH.

It was his agent that threw his names into articles.
When.....ESPN writes these articles agents throw their coaches name into them to renegotiate an extension.

Tech wanted a coach who understood west Texas, that would bring a different style to Lubbock and could re energize the fanbase.

Dana was not the guy.
They fired one of their own to get rid of the AirRaid mindeset.
Pretty much admitting a mistake after Tommy Tuberville.
They wanted Leach back but got a second rate Mike Leach.
Dana would have been that same mindset.
You are totally out of order with this post!
It contains fact that runs counter to what the anti Dana camp insists the public accept because they are stating it even though their version of the information being used is drastically distorted

Reactions: TownesVanZandt
You are totally out of order with this post!
It contains fact that runs counter to what the anti Dana camp insists the public accept because they are stating it even though their version of the information being used is drastically distorted

They are looking for a messiah in Lubbock...
Dana was not the guy. KK was not the guy.

Only two coaches who they would consider the messiah will never coach in Lubbock again.
Mike Leach and Art Briles.

Their next best move would be to rebuild their relationships with the schools who started what Mike Leach tapped into.

When your AD praises a head coach who has a "me first" attitude, how can we gripe about the players doing the same thing?

If you want to complain about the situation, start at the top -- and I don't mean Dana. Shane Lyons is the one letting this culture of disloyalty flourish. I don't blame Grier one bit. If he were my son and the head coach wasn't loyal, I wouldn't tell my son to be sold out either!
And if a competitor offered you more money to do the same job you are already doing you would say no out of loyalty to you current employer? Please.

Dana's contract doesn't allow him to contact another school without notifying WVU first, and another school can't contact Dana without notifying WVU. Shane Lyons said Dana didn't and Texas Tech didn't.

So those not privy to the facts are making up stuff just to stir the crap?

Dana would pay a heavy penalty, as would Texas Tech, if they took Dana to the Red Raiders.

Start a different rumor. .

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil
Donald Trump likes fake news.

We get it you old F. You hate Trump because your meal ticket lady hates him. You have told us over and over and just can't keep your weenie man political comments out of your postings. You are a sad, fake of a person. BTW: Hillary lost. Now back to sports...

This is completely stupid.

You need a therapist. You are not stable.

Dana's contract doesn't allow him to contact another school without notifying WVU first, and another school can't contact Dana without notifying WVU. Shane Lyons said Dana didn't and Texas Tech didn't.

So those not privy to the facts are making up stuff just to stir the crap?

Dana would pay a heavy penalty, as would Texas Tech, if they took Dana to the Red Raiders.

Start a different rumor. Donald Trump likes fake news.
Come on, leave the political bullshit out of here. There's other forum's for it. This is the last place I want to see this nonsense.

Yes we know...participation trophies for all, money for burgers, and don't keep score.

You sound like a parrot.

Will Grier is making a decision based on protecting himself and future.

If you are truly a conservative you should celebrate this.
It is how we want the country to be.

Similar....to how you don't want someone telling you how to spend your money.
No one should tell what Will Grier to do with his future...

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
''

LOL....you just keep proving my point. Txs for the assist (or is that too much of a team reference for you)?

Team sounds way too collective.
Don't believe in collectivism.

I believe a team works when players all have individual goals.
Will Grier, I guess, met his goals and is on to something else.
Next man up.

The world has advanced more the last 50 years than the previous thousands of years of mankind
Why?

Because of individualism. People out for themselves

My coping skills are fine. I'm not rattled by Will Grier not playing in a football game.

Can you not read? I just said we should be OK with Grier not playing as long as our AD is OK with our mediocre coach flirting with other teams. I also wouldn't blame recruits for shying away from us either. How is that me holding anything against Will Grier? You must be a Marshall grad.

Can you not read? I just said we should be OK with Grier not playing as long as our AD is OK with our mediocre coach flirting with other teams. I also wouldn't blame recruits for shying away from us either. How is that me holding anything against Will Grier? You must be a Marshall grad.

You are not a well adjusted person.

Coaches are like anyone else. They look for opportunities. Have you never interviewed for a job while employed? I have, plenty of times. I have left jobs, I assume I'm not the only one who has.

Loyalty has nothing to do with any of this. They are not family. Lyons has no loyalty to DH either. He will fire him when he feels necessary. It's just a job.

You dont seem to understand how basic things in life work.

Last edited:

I'm OK with all of it. I'm OK with Grier not playing the game. I'm OK with DH talking with other schools. I'm also OK with Lyons firing DH at some point.

I'm ok with it because they are all choices that do not impact my life in any measurable way. Grier is done with college football and is focusing on the pros, good for him. DH might had interest in another job, good for him.

After what happened with Leach and Tech ended up with egg on their face, TT would never hire someone from his inner circle like Dana.

Also, Dana has too much respect for Leach to flirt with TT, and he never did.

After what happened with Leach and Tech ended up with egg on their face, TT would never hire someone from his inner circle like Dana.

Also, Dana has too much respect for Leach to flirt with TT, and he never did.

I think his agent tossed his name in there, which is what he gets paid to do. I dont think there was much else to it.

Last edited:
I think his agent tossed his name in their, which is what he gets paid to do. I dont think there was much else to it.
Of course, that’s exactly what happened. It is in Armstrong’s self interest to get Holgorsen more money whether at WVU or somewhere else.

Then you obviously have never, ever, come close to playing any sport on any team...but then again we, as a nation, have spawned a "me too" generation which must stretch to you lol.

And you obviously have never, ever came close to playing the NFL or being a first round draft pick...but then again we as a nation have a spawned a generation of old bitter men who never had talent but feel entitled to make demands of young men who do have talent.

Your high school glory days are a thing of the past and no one is impressed by our boards very own Uncle Rico.

You are fun to laugh at....

Last edited:
Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
Then you obviously have never, ever, come close to playing any sport on any team...but then again we, as a nation, have spawned a "me too" generation which must stretch to you lol.

You are so confused it is pathetic.

If you want to learn something...that is your choice.

A team does not exist unless there are leaders with individual goals setting the pace.

Like...I want to play in the NFL. He sets the level of competition.
If there was no NFL you really think these players will sacrifice numerous hours.
I doubt it. Their drive is individual and these individuals make a team because others follow because no one wants to seem weak.

To get back to the original topic...

Think Tech has the guy they wanted.

He fits the part.
He was at the Touchdown Club of Houston yesterday and you can tell he understands what he is doing.

DH is a good coach but he doesn't stay with the status quo.
He is more like Mike Gundy in a way.
If Gundy wasn't an alum he would have been fired at Oklahoma St.

We get it you old F. You hate Trump because your meal ticket lady hates him. You have told us over and over and just can't keep your weenie man political comments out of your postings. You are a sad, fake of a person. BTW: Hillary lost. Now back to sports...

I giggled

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT