ADVERTISEMENT

When you hear that voice!

One great man talking about one POS.

Didn't watch but it's probably Halloween vs Paterno. I never liked him but then that Sandusky stuff came out and I just got sick at the guy and that school. I always thought part of the punishment should have been can't have white (purity) as a school color. Red S as a scarlet letter in its place

Love what Tony does for WVU but that doesn't mean I wouldn't kill to hear Jack call another game.

Remember back in 93 hearing him and Woody O'Hare (a little drunk) by games post game end for Louisville and them telling everyone listening to the show blow their horns. Every police officer in Morgantown had to hate that.

In the days before every game was televised Jack Fleming had a way to describe the game in a way that made us feel like we were there, even though we were only listening on the radio. We were blessed to have one of the all time great radio broadcasters on our side. I've grown to like Tony Caridi, but for me - the one and only true Voice of the Mountaineers is, and always will be Jack Fleming. I think Tony C would agree.

Worked for Jack back in the 60's...at WAJR, Mountaineer network and some on Steelers. Wrote his 'casts and loved putting in something he hadn't reviewed. He had great sense of humor besides enormous talent. Bowled together at the bowling alley where I believe Keglers is today also. Learned a lot and enjoyed the time...with Jack F and Jack Tennant as well.

Jack Flemming one of the best at his profession. There was no other. When games were not on TV he could fill the picture in for you. Just like you were there. Yes you young Jedi. WVU football was not on TV every week back in a day.

Reactions: Rootmaster
ADVERTISEMENT