ADVERTISEMENT

When will this end?

Nobody has a problem with statues of Southern military commanders as long as those Southern military commanders aren't also traitors to the US. The part of the country the military commander comes from isn't the point.

George Washington was a Southern military commander and he gets honored plenty. Well, in the US he gets honored. He doen't get honored in Britain because he was a traitor to the British, just like Stonewall Jackson was a traitor to the US. Except that Stonewall Jackson was even worse because in the 1860s the USA was one country whereas in the 1770s the American colonies were just one of many possessions Britain had all over the world.
Who was adjudged to be a traitor, or where is it written?

Nobody has a problem with statues of Southern military commanders as long as those Southern military commanders aren't also traitors to the US. The part of the country the military commander comes from isn't the point.

George Washington was a Southern military commander and he gets honored plenty. Well, in the US he gets honored. He doen't get honored in Britain because he was a traitor to the British, just like Stonewall Jackson was a traitor to the US. Except that Stonewall Jackson was even worse because in the 1860s the USA was one country whereas in the 1770s the American colonies were just one of many possessions Britain had all over the world.
Was Robert E Lee adjudged to be a traitor? Where is it written.
Were all confederate soldiers traitors?

Who was adjudged to be a traitor, or where is it written?
That's an interesting point...I don't believe the government ever sought to criminalize their actions...didn't they pardon them or something along those lines?

Wow. Really?
Why would you question if that is the basis for removing the statues as you suggested?

Really, why are the statues now becoming an issue? What do I need to read to catch up?

Why would you question if that is the basis for removing the statues as you suggested?

Really, why are the statues now becoming an issue? What do I need to read to catch up?

Is there really need for a formal adjudication process for a General that led an army that tried to create a new country on the soil of the USA? Did they ever try Hitler for war crimes? I don't know and I don't care. Robert E. Lee led the Southern army in their effort to violently break away from the USA. I don't care where there was ever a formal pronouncement that he was a traitor.

The reason the statues are becoming an issue now is that the people that don't want them up have finally gotten enough leverage to have them taken down. For those people the statues have always been an issue. What you need to ask yourself is, why were there ever statues of traitors to the US erected in the first place? The question of "Why would we take the statues down?" kind of answers itself.

Did you or not make the comment that those Southerners were all Nazi? If you didn't intend that, would you so state?
Huh? I'm a southerner, why would I claim all southerners are Nazis? White nationalists that walk around wearing swastikas and quoting Hitler are Nazis.

You really need to review your post before you hit send. It's tough to decipher what the heck you are saying.

Reactions: Boomboom521
They'll want you animals next, ain't the right @MountaineerWV

59933efa0c4b7.jpeg

The state of Alabama made a law that essentially says no monuments can be taken down or removed. Birmingham just erected a plywood wall/covering surrounding a 50-foot tall monument. The mayor of Birmingham is black. The Alabama AG just filed suit against the mayor. And guess what, the AG is white. Good ole racism still alive and well in Alabama.

The state of Alabama made a law that essentially says no monuments can be taken down or removed. Birmingham just erected a plywood wall/covering surrounding a 50-foot tall monument. The mayor of Birmingham is black. The Alabama AG just filed suit against the mayor. And guess what, the AG is white. Good ole racism still alive and well in Alabama.

It's alive in your hometown too.

What are your thoughts?

5994ed3ecf5ed.jpeg

In fact, you are a racist.

you'll know when you win an argument with a liberal...

they'll call you 'racist'...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT