ADVERTISEMENT

When is Huggie going to start cleaning up

EERs 3:16

Heisman Winner
Oct 17, 2001
The play? How many more years can we continue to be a fouling machine before someone notices?

The play? How many more years can we continue to be a fouling machine before someone notices?
giphy.gif

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Would prefer the emphasis be placed on the BigXII folks to do something about the miserable and inconsistent officiating that contributes a whole lot to the perception that we are a 'fouling machine. We seem to get called for an inordinate number of 'I think so' fouls. I really feel for Kanate in numerous games. He seems to get whistled early for just being in the gym, but several officials call a foul the moment he makes a move toward the opponent. Hard to be certain of contact when watching on TV, BUT it really appears that we get hosed in nearly every game. Cannot recall a game where it seemed we got the benefit of questionable calls.

Of course he serious, it is his way of diverting the conversation away from Dana and the mess he is making.

Really? Have you watched a single hoops game this year? If so, are you just willingly turning a blind eye to some of the dumbest that happens out on the court? And it’s not just this year.....

Really? Have you watched a single hoops game this year? If so, are you just willingly turning a blind eye to some of the dumbest that happens out on the court? And it’s not just this year.....

There are many styles of play in basketball and Bob has always run a physical style. It was necessary in the old Big East which seemed more like street ball at times. It hurts us when we get to the dance when everyone is expected to play nice, but that is not Bob and I am fine with it so long as he wins. I like that our guys intimidate and do not get shoved around, if that results in fouls, so what? We win, it never matters and right now we are winning.

You have watched our soft as Charmin football team haven't you? Five year olds playing patty cake hit harder than our lines do. I prefer to take the penalties and win but then I loved the Oakland Raiders when they took no sh*t from anyone.

I speak for everyone when I say "STFU".........and please......for the love of God.......don't tell me that you are a Dana supporter while criticizing Huggs?

Reactions: WVUBRU
There are many styles of play in basketball and Bob has always run a physical style. It was necessary in the old Big East which seemed more like street ball at times. It hurts us when we get to the dance when everyone is expected to play nice, but that is not Bob and I am fine with it so long as he wins. I like that our guys intimidate and do not get shoved around, if that results in fouls, so what? We win, it never matters and right now we are winning.

You have watched our soft as Charmin football team haven't you? Five year olds playing patty cake hit harder than our lines do. I prefer to take the penalties and win but then I loved the Oakland Raiders when they took no sh*t from anyone.
What does the football side of things have to do with the sloppy play on the basketball side of the house? Also, you can play ‘tough’ w/o taking a lot of dumb fouls (like jumping on someone while they’re laying on the court) or even (expanding here) taking a tonne of bad shots and careless plays?

Would prefer the emphasis be placed on the BigXII folks to do something about the miserable and inconsistent officiating that contributes a whole lot to the perception that we are a 'fouling machine. We seem to get called for an inordinate number of 'I think so' fouls. I really feel for Kanate in numerous games. He seems to get whistled early for just being in the gym, but several officials call a foul the moment he makes a move toward the opponent. Hard to be certain of contact when watching on TV, BUT it really appears that we get hosed in nearly every game. Cannot recall a game where it seemed we got the benefit of questionable calls.

Konate's body language and mouth are what piss off the refs...he has yet to understand that once a foul is called, it's a foul...he pleads every case, with every ref, on every call against him...that's the quickest way I know of to get your ass in foul trouble...

I speak for everyone when I say "STFU".........and please......for the love of God.......don't tell me that you are a Dana supporter while criticizing Huggs?

So now Dana is to blame for the play on the basketball court? Wow, you need to get some professional help. Also, if you believe what Huggins is putting out on that court is a well coached team—then we need to define what ‘well coached’ really means. Because I see a team that creates a lot of bad fouls, takes a lot of bad shots, and does some of the dumbest stuff known to mankind out there. But then again i’m not easily impressed by no look passed to the opposite team....so maybe it’s just me

So now Dana is to blame for the play on the basketball court? Wow, you need to get some professional help. Also, if you believe what Huggins is putting out on that court is a well coached team—then we need to define what ‘well coached’ really means. Because I see a team that creates a lot of bad fouls, takes a lot of bad shots, and does some of the dumbest stuff known to mankind out there. But then again i’m not easily impressed by no look passed to the opposite team....so maybe it’s just me

Nope, Dana could learn about the play on the basketball court. We are F**KING in the top 5 in the nation, and you want to call what we have going on the court as "problems?

You need some serious help, but first you should be taken from this board and completely banned for your lack of understanding what success looks like.....you've been watching too many Holgerson "How To" videos.........like the "How to F**k Up a Once Proud Program".

Thought this would be funny......

And P.S. if you’re callling for DH’s head because he’s offering up mediocre seasons, then you should be calling for Huggs’ head too...because the hoops team isn’t exactly stellar either. Oh snap, that’s right...Huggs is ‘one of us’ and gets a pass.

WVU #5/#6 in the nation........won 13 straight.......do I need to post the number of Final Fours, Sweet Sixteens, NCAA appearances?

We have a top ten 10 and yet people still find a reason to bitch. Our style of play is impressive and may not be for some fans. Don’t watch if you don’t like to see tough, in your face defense. Sure they may take some unnecssary fouls at times. That’s the price you pay for a team that plays likes it’s their last game and gives maximum effort. I’ll take it any day of the week. You better enjoy this time in wvu hoops. Huggs has built a monster and it will not last forever.

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
What does the football side of things have to do with the sloppy play on the basketball side of the house? Also, you can play ‘tough’ w/o taking a lot of dumb fouls (like jumping on someone while they’re laying on the court) or even (expanding here) taking a tonne of bad shots and careless plays?

Is this the "Canadian" view of things in a hockey oriented culture? What is wrong with you?

"Tonne" gives you away!

Some of you are just freaking insane. Oh and yes, you can play tough in your face defense, with out having a lot of dumb fouls. It’s been a problem for several years now (ask yourself why is the other team consistently in the bonus long before WVU is) and nothing seems to change. And now that we’re playing better competition, free points from the charity line are going to cost us.

Thought I'd refresh this idiot of a poster that calls himself a WVU "fan".......showing his idiocy. I mean.....all those fouls tonight......all that horrible offensive set.......and still beat the #7 team by double digits. Yeah, Huggs needs to "clean it up"........

EERs 3:16.......drive off a bridge......

h
BIg XII winning percentage?

Yeah, because all that matters is that Big XII winning percentage.......nothing else......NCAA tourneys.....nope.......Sweet 16's.......nope......Final Four......nope......all that matters is that winning percentage in the league......

Please tell me you castrated yourself? Offspring from you would be dangerous.

Yeah, because all that matters is that Big XII winning percentage.......nothing else......NCAA tourneys.....nope.......Sweet 16's.......nope......Final Four......nope......all that matters is that winning percentage in the league......

Please tell me you castrated yourself? Offspring from you would be dangerous.

Because league play matters, a win against Liberty counts as much (in the W/L sheet) as a win against OU, and becasue.....you’re afraid to answer it. So man up, put your big boy pants on, and answer the question: since joining the Big XII, what is Huggins’ winning percentage in conference play.... simple enough question...and it deserves a simple enough answer.

I have nothing to atone for. In another post, I complimented WVU’s play (last night) but still stand by my statements that WVU has been guilty of sloppy play and has a history of being a fouling machine. Winning doesnt mean everything is okay, it just means you won.

I have nothing to atone for. In another post, I complimented WVU’s play (last night) but still stand by my statements that WVU has been guilty of sloppy play and has a history of being a fouling machine. Winning doesnt mean everything is okay, it just means you won.

lol

Great, hope it keeps up. Hope we run the table, but, that being said, up until last night, this team has been guilty of sloppy play.

Well excuse the players for not making every shot.......for never committing a foul........for not shutting out the opponent.......I know those are your expectations. Mine, and most, are pretty simple........play hard, play to win, and don't give up.......I think this team has accomplished that over the past several years.

Well excuse the players for not making every shot.......for never committing a foul........for not shutting out the opponent.......I know those are your expectations. Mine, and most, are pretty simple........play hard, play to win, and don't give up.......I think this team has accomplished that over the past several years.

First and foremost.............a fan looks for his favorite team to provide entertainment. Spectator sports were invented to provide two things: Entertainment and Ca$h, but not necessarily in that order. Warez

19-8 and projected 5 seed........BUMP THIS.......:middlefinger:.....once you get off your knees blowing "you-know-who".......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT