ADVERTISEMENT

What's wrong with this picture....

bornaneer

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2014
The NFL has told Jerry Jones to stop talking about anthem issue.
Cowboys Quarterback Dak Prescott and running back Ezekiel Elliott, have said they had no problem with Jones’ anthem stance because they planned to stand as a team. Several players have blasted Prescotts and Ellotts stance.

this will be year TEN I haven't watched the NFL...

What's the point in watching that crap ?

I hope it folds...

Reactions: atlkvb and 30CAT
Jerry Jones never told any employee that they could not speak on the issue.......He did lay down rules he expected his employee to follow regarding the anthem issue.

Maybe because he is infringing on free speech?

Just a hunch.
They are in their place of employment, the employer has the right to have you wear what he eants, provided he pays for it, take orders the way he wants, fill orders, play the way he wants. They can protest all they want, just not in the work place.

Reactions: atlkvb and 30CAT
The NFL has told Jerry Jones to stop talking about anthem issue.
Cowboys Quarterback Dak Prescott and running back Ezekiel Elliott, have said they had no problem with Jones’ anthem stance because they planned to stand as a team. Several players have blasted Prescotts and Ellotts stance.

I've never been a Cowboys fan.

That said, I'm coming around. Seems they are earning the title of America's Team.

Reactions: atlkvb
Maybe because he is infringing on free speech?

Just a hunch.

Are you allowed to protest at work and on company time? Seems a boss would think it could cause major disruption among employees and could hurt business. I know I couldn't get away with it in all the places I've worked for.

I mean, protesting at work could drive away customers and hurt business, could it not? What you do on your own time is one thing, but on company time, I believe, you are paid to do what your told.

But that's just me? [eyeroll]

Reactions: atlkvb and WVU82
Are you allowed to protest at work and on company time? Seems a boss would think it could cause major disruption among employees and could hurt business. I know I couldn't get away with it in all the places I've worked for.

I mean, protesting at work could drive away customers and hurt business, could it not? What you do on your own time is one thing, but on company time, I believe, you are paid to do what your told.

The NFL has been on the wrong side of this issue from the start, and to make matters worse, they realize it and are only compounding the problem by failing to admit it. Want proof, .......... “Jerry, would you please shut the hell up”.

Does your boss make you stand for the anthem before you begin your shift?

Reactions: countryroads89
Does your boss make you stand for the anthem before you begin your shift?

My boss wouldn't let me protest it if the National Anthem was played everyday before work.

For years, our National Anthem has been played at the start of sporting events. I'm sure the players knew this before they decided to make a career out of playing sports. It's part of the job they pursued. I've never worked at a place where they start the day playing the National Anthem. If I did, I'm confident I wouldn't protest during it. If I didn't want to do it, I would ask my boss to be excused from it. I would be told either yes or no and I would abide by my boss's decision.

It's pretty simple.

My boss wouldn't let me protest it if the National Anthem was played everyday before work.

For years, our National Anthem has been played at the start of sporting events. I'm sure the players knew this before they decided to make a career out of playing sports. It's part of the job they pursued. I've never worked at a place where they start the day playing the National Anthem. If I did, I'm confident I wouldn't protest during it. If I didn't want to do it, I would ask my boss to be excused from it. I would be told either yes or no and I would abide by my boss's decision.

It's pretty simple.
I agree, but there are components of this issue that can’t be paralleled into the generic, imo.

To me, this issue needs to be addressed in a simple way. “Not standing for the anthem offends soldiers, and although we understand the issue being protested, for those that have sacrificed let’s find a different way”.

Pressing those that kneel into standing by force, especially from rich white people, isn’t going to help. Attempting to take away freedom from someone protesting whaat they see as social injustice, isn’t going to jive, imo.

Reactions: countryroads89
I agree, but there are components of this issue that can’t be paralleled into the generic, imo.

To me, this issue needs to be addressed in a simple way. “Not standing for the anthem offends soldiers, and although we understand the issue being protested, for those that have sacrificed let’s find a different way”.

Pressing those that kneel into standing by force, especially from rich white people, isn’t going to help. Attempting to take away freedom from someone protesting whaat they see as social injustice, isn’t going to jive, imo.

This^^^^.

They have repeatedly stated it isn't about protesting the soldiers or the military. Most people know this and just use it as an excuse to attempt to shut them up. A lot of the military understand this is exactly what they fought for and many have died for. It's called freedom.

Reactions: Boomboom521
Would ya'll hurry up and decide this issue? This is my only NFL contact left.

You should make yourself more valuable to your boss and less expendable.

This^^^^.

They have repeatedly stated it isn't about protesting the soldiers or the military. Most people know this and just use it as an excuse to attempt to shut them up. A lot of the military understand this is exactly what they fought for and many have died for. It's called freedom.
They may not have meant to protest soldiers and the military and I don't think they were. However..... they were disrespecting our country and symbols of our country. If they wanted to protest the police......they should kneel at police headquarters and police stations.

Reactions: mneilmont
......... not a well thought out response, is an understatement.

Do you think schools should force kids to stand for the pledge, and punish them if they do not? How about we force every American citizen to take the citizenship test, and if you fail it your citizenship is revoked.....

This^^^^.

Prople who fly the confederate flag say that they do it to celebrate their southern heritage and not to hinor racism yet you ignore them and call them racists. I guess you only apply your logic when it works for you.

Reactions: mneilmont
ADVERTISEMENT