ADVERTISEMENT

What now?

Nova Mountaineer

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
Morgantown
1) Will Huggins show any assistant coaches the door?
2) How many players will leave the team at the end of the year?
3) Will we come roaring back and make a run?
4) All teams have bad night and this might have been the second
worse loss ever - Louisville beat us by 46 (I think) in the 1970's or so.

2 and 3. Someone will go and we always make a run to a missed shot, and the regroup for another 3 by the opposing team.

I'll predict at least FOUR will be gone next year (not counting Esa). Wouldn't shock me if SIX leave. I can think of a couple that should leave and play at a small WV college for their final year. Probably means a lot of JUCO guys next year to fill out the roster.

There was a loss during Catlett’s last season against Pepperdine... I believe it was a 32-34 point loss.... I remember it being right around the Christmas/New Year holidays.

Louisville1979 106-40

I'll predict at least FOUR will be gone next year (not counting Esa). Wouldn't shock me if SIX leave. I can think of a couple that should leave and play at a small WV college for their final year. Probably means a lot of JUCO guys next year to fill out the roster.

Which six you think? I don’t disagree just curious
1.sags
2. McCabe
3 Napper
4. Harler
5. Maybe Matthews/
6. West bc of his D

I think doomes will start trying to play more point and stays ...

Sags will go to a low Europe league. Gone.
McCabe is too slow, small, soft. Gone.
Harler is D2. Gone.
Knapper to Marshall and regains confidence with better offensive coach.
Esa sucks and is senior thank god. Done.
Doomes is not a high D1 player. Can’t shoot at all. 50/50 stay or gone.
Wes Harris is not a high D1 player. Attitude sucks. He is 50/50 stay or gone.
Gordon is lazy, not a high D1 player, soft, doesn’t give a shit.....Huggs will get rid of him and should. He’s gone.

Could be more on border. This is a terrible group of players and reflects badly on Huggs. Bad recruiting and Lyons needs to get Huggs retired. He’s a lazy, arrogant recruiter that only gets guys he doesn’t have to work to get.

We're just getting a taste of what we gave others the past couple, three years.

Its a cycle. We aren't Duke or Kentucky. We have to reload.

The bigs, with the exception of Routt, are there. He's peaked and was a marginal player to start. He should do well at Fairmont or West Liberty next year.

The wings should be ok if we can get some consistency on both ends of the court from them. Can't seem to ever get both offense and defense from them. Either one or the other or in some cases its negative on both ends.

The guards look like misses all the way around with the exception of Beetle who doesn't play smart at all. Commits stupid fouls and puts himself on the bench. McCabe's too slow. Haley won't shoot and isn't fleet of foot either. Harler never should have been recruited, he can't do anything well. Knapper's small and questionable.

Don't know who will be leaving. Do know this, until you get a true point guard that can run the offense, distribute the ball, play a little defense and give you 5 or 6 a night, you can forget about getting much better. Open up whatever options it takes to get one or two here. They cannot be misses.

Worst performing team in a decade for best WVU coach in a decade. It's painful to see Huggins on the sidelines. He knows what to do. He tells them what to do. Then they don't.

Problem areas:
Passes.
Shooting.
Rebounding.
Defense.
Reaction quickness (lack of).
Passion, except for Beetle.
I've never seen a WVU allow so many uncontested LAYUPS.
And miss to many LAYUPS and PUTBACKS.

We're going to need better players. I'm not talking physical. I'm talking mental and heart and cohesiveness.

Tonight was a shambles. Blue and gold turned to the red of shame and embarrassment.

I feel bad for Huggins. And Beetle. They deserve better.

In his post game he said he told one of the young guards to clear out and drive right, player asked if he could drive left, he said no, they ran play and kid drove left, he said never again never again ... he didn’t name names...

Worst performing team in a decade for best WVU coach in a decade. It's painful to see Huggins on the sidelines. He knows what to do. He tells them what to do. Then they don't.

Problem areas:
Passes.
Shooting.
Rebounding.
Defense.
Reaction quickness (lack of).
Passion, except for Beetle.
I've never seen a WVU allow so many uncontested LAYUPS.
And miss to many LAYUPS and PUTBACKS.

We're going to need better players. I'm not talking physical. I'm talking mental and heart and cohesiveness.

Tonight was a shambles. Blue and gold turned to the red of shame and embarrassment.

I feel bad for Huggins. And Beetle. They deserve better.
Oh, PLEASE don't leave out the Turnovers. That is one of our best statistical categories.

Huggs keeps saying they don’t listen. That’s bull shit. They just don’t have any ability. This is bad recruiting. This is Huggs fault. Roster loaded with D2 players.

Huggs keeps saying they don’t listen. That’s bull shit. They just don’t have any ability. This is bad recruiting. This is Huggs fault. Roster loaded with D2 players.
You are worse than a broken ****ing record.

If you don't have anything new to say, and repeat the same shit 500 times....do us all a favor and just the **** up.

We're just getting a taste of what we gave others the past couple, three years.

Its a cycle. We aren't Duke or Kentucky. We have to reload.

The bigs, with the exception of Routt, are there. He's peaked and was a marginal player to start. He should do well at Fairmont or West Liberty next year.

The wings should be ok if we can get some consistency on both ends of the court from them. Can't seem to ever get both offense and defense from them. Either one or the other or in some cases its negative on both ends.

The guards look like misses all the way around with the exception of Beetle who doesn't play smart at all. Commits stupid fouls and puts himself on the bench. McCabe's too slow. Haley won't shoot and isn't fleet of foot either. Harler never should have been recruited, he can't do anything well. Knapper's small and questionable.

Don't know who will be leaving. Do know this, until you get a true point guard that can run the offense, distribute the ball, play a little defense and give you 5 or 6 a night, you can forget about getting much better. Open up whatever options it takes to get one or two here. They cannot be misses.
You're right it might be a cycle but there is no way your team should play this badly. I watched a few earlier games in non conference. They looked much better. You guys obv beat Pitt. I mean something just happened and it seems like the whole team is in disarray and not listening to Huggins. And Huggins seems clueless as to how to stop this. But yeah you guys played with no heart last night against TCU. I rarely have seen Mountaineer teams play like that. It was shocking to me.

Pride has to have down syndrome or he is autistic.

I think he is special and cannot help himself. A friend of mine had a son like that. He always needed attention.

Harler is D2. Gone.
Gordon is lazy, not a high D1 player, soft, doesn’t give a shit.....Huggs will get rid of him and should. He’s gone.

Could be more on border. This is a terrible group of players and reflects badly on Huggs. Bad recruiting and Lyons needs to get Huggs retired. He’s a lazy, arrogant recruiter that only gets guys he doesn’t have to work to get.
Final Four, baby!

You're right it might be a cycle but there is no way your team should play this badly. I watched a few earlier games in non conference. They looked much better. You guys obv beat Pitt. I mean something just happened and it seems like the whole team is in disarray and not listening to Huggins. And Huggins seems clueless as to how to stop this. But yeah you guys played with no heart last night against TCU. I rarely have seen Mountaineer teams play like that. It was shocking to me.

It also boils down to leadership on the court. The leadership we have is basically nonexistent. The team will follow its lead from someone or a few someones. If those players are of the Jevon Carter style your team will progress and play well despite being out athleted.

If they are what we have now, well, you see the results.

Reactions: PittPoker
There is no talent on roster except Konate and Culver. That’s the problem. We have no wings or guards.

Huggs should have had his head out of his ass and recruited in state WV boys Jon Elmore and CJ Burks 4 years ago. They are senior guard stars at Marshall right now and lead Marshall to NCAA tourney 2nd round last year as juniors. We need them. We needed them. They would be our starting backcourt right now. Boom!!!!!!!!

There is no talent on roster except Konate and Culver. That’s the problem. We have no wings or guards.

Huggs should have had his head out of his ass and recruited in state WV boys Jon Elmore and CJ Burks 4 years ago. They are senior guard stars at Marshall right now and lead Marshall to NCAA tourney 2nd round last year as juniors. We need them. We needed them. They would be our starting backcourt right now. Boom!!!!!!!!

Stat line for CJ Burks against Western KY:

1-4 FG
2-2 FT
4 Points
3 Turnovers

Jon Elmore is shooting 37% from the floor..........let that sink in........

And I believe Bolden is pretty dang good. You left him out.

I believe Huggins before I believe you, final 4 boy.

Why don't you grow a pair of wings and fly to Huntington.

Harler is D2. Gone.

This f**kng retard had s going to the FINAL 4! Now look at him. LOL

Drink bleach pride, you're too stupid to live.

Harler is D2. Gone.

I will bump this every day until you have to eat the words. Even after your troll ass is banned like the 10 other names you've had you pathetic, racist sissy girl.

I speak the truth. Some of you are to stupid too know the truth. Why you so mad Pratt? Pratt sounds a lowlife NFL fan. He makes us WV fans look bad. LOL

I speak the truth. Some of you are to stupid too know the truth. Why you so mad Pratt? Pratt sounds a lowlife NFL fan. He makes us WV fans look bad. LOL

If you speak the truth, why didn't you respond to me posting the stats of Burks and Elmore. Tell me again, how would they help?

Does the work "clusterf*ck" sum up the basketball program. How could the program go downhill in so short a time. It looks as thought the coaches never spent a minute with these kids. Many posters are really bad mouthing the players(as is Huggins), but when things get this bad its all on Huggins and his staff. This is the second or third major meltdown since Huggins been here. The 2013 wasn't this bad and they lost their last 7 games.

Reactions: Rootmaster
ADVERTISEMENT