ADVERTISEMENT

What does Bender bring to the game?

.Bodhi.

All-Conference
Apr 5, 2009
Besides fumbled passes, phantom defense, and easy misses? I've never seen a player more out of place on a WVU team.

I don't see him as anything but a massive liability on both ends of the floor. Nonexistent offense and not even a bruiser on defense. To cap it off, he seems to make the worst decisions on the team.

I don't see him as anything but a massive liability on both ends of the floor. Nonexistent offense and not even a bruiser on defense. To cap it off, he seems to make the worst decisions on the team.

I'll take Bob Huggins word for it when he said he makes good decisions and defense has improved a lot. Who would you rather have as the backup center? Routt?

Reactions: Walter Brennaneer
Before my time.

I don't like to pile on players, and we've certainly had some not-so-skilled guys get significant minutes under Huggins, but they brought toughness, maybe being able to spread the floor as a spot up shooter, or were simply players who didn't make stupid mistakes. But damn, I just don't see Bender having any of these qualities.

Besides fumbled passes, phantom defense, and easy misses? I've never seen a player more out of place on a WVU team.

Not much after this season..........

8-9-wvu-derek-culver-feature_JL,ph01.aspx

DLeSImFUEAAYE5S.jpg

I agree. Routt could take Bender's spot and wouldn't be any worse......

Bender is overmatched at this level and probably should transfer down to a lower level. Had Macon not left Bender would never see the floor. He will struggle to give you 5-6 quality minutes a game

I would defend Bender but what’s the point of that here. Board is only good for stroking Dana

Bender is what you choose to bitch about? His play had very little to do with the outcome. Konate needs to go to the bench once in a while to rest and get coached. That alone is worth Bender's playing time

Reactions: DoogEER

Bender has been contributing and getting better.

I think it’s time to retire you, however.

If any of you had seen the magic that was Tim Kearney you wouldn't be fussing. Or Matt Roadcap and his "Elbows of Stone". However, Roadcap could rebound and take players out with those elbows.

Who was the shot blocking machine Gale had in that era that couldn't throw it in the ocean? He was a big bodied 6'9" guy that swatted away anything that came near the basket, but could be counted on to miss a minimum of three open dunks a night? I remember seeing him bounce off a 300 lb. plus guy named Marco Baldi who played for St. John's, in a preseason tourney in the lane and end up at the top of the key. They looked like sumo wrestlers mixing it up down low.

Routt is clueless Bender at least knows the game and his role.

Coming out of h.s., Bender was known as a 3-pt. shooter. I saw him in an all-star game at Beckley and he drained 3s in pre-game warmup. WVU is trying to make him an inside player, so his 3 shooting must not be very good or we're short of size on the inside.

Coming out of h.s., Bender was known as a 3-pt. shooter. I saw him in an all-star game at Beckley and he drained 3s in pre-game warmup. WVU is trying to make him an inside player, so his 3 shooting must not be very good or we're short of size on the inside.

Have you seen him shoot? Saw him shoot a jumper from 18 feet straight on.....and missed 2 feet to the right of the rim that hit the backboard......thought they may have to stop the game and repair the damage to the backboard.......

If any of you had seen the magic that was Tim Kearney you wouldn't be fussing. Or Matt Roadcap and his "Elbows of Stone". However, Roadcap could rebound and take players out with those elbows.

Who was the shot blocking machine Gale had in that era that couldn't throw it in the ocean? He was a big bodied 6'9" guy that swatted away anything that came near the basket, but could be counted on to miss a minimum of three open dunks a night? I remember seeing him bounce off a 300 lb. plus guy named Marco Baldi who played for St. John's, in a preseason tourney in the lane and end up at the top of the key. They looked like sumo wrestlers mixing it up down low.
'Dimes' Kearney was the best. Got his nickname because when he jumped a dime was the only coin you could put between the bottom of his sneaker and the court.

So I guess Huggins just dishes out scholarships to Clueless players
Mmmmm... no

Huggs had a scholarship to fill. Routt got it. Don't expect Routt to be at WVU nest year unless he is again a walk on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT