ADVERTISEMENT

What commitment will WVU make for football excellence?

Two posts about this morning about reach arounds....you are a sick freak...go get help.

"All the way to 3-4 pages"....LMAO...you truly are a loser.
Herd should just ask Greg to create another account after he is done giving him a reach around. That's of course if they aren't the same person. No other poster talks about Mega Threads, Retirement etc etc etc.

• Haha
Reactions: WVUFanForever
Herd should just ask Greg to create another account after he is done giving him a reach around. That's of course if they aren't the same person. No other poster talks about Mega Threads, Retirement etc etc etc.
I want to give you props for logging in under the Townes profile, even if it was by mistake. At the very least, you got WVUFF aroused.

I want to give you props for logging in under the Townes profile, even if it was by mistake. At the very least, you got WVUFF aroused.
Honestly...if I had a dime for every time turdboy or queenie mentions me in a post that has nothing to do with me, I could eliminate the national debt.

I truly live in their heads 24/7.

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
What coach is gonna wanna come here if we don't have the money to pay out lucrative NIL deals? All previous Wvu coach's would have had a hard time navigating this current landscape.
Previous coaches would've had a hard time in this, but that's part of the problem. Maybe we should be less worried about paying NIL deals to lure in better players and actually finally for once put the money in bring in a good coach. Football is WVU 's cash cow for the whole school, and we are on a downward trajectory. "Looking for the next best young coach" is just producing Holgerson and Brown. If we are going to get a proven head coach to come here, we have to pay a coach more than ever. A good coach can develop players better, recruit better, win better, etc. If we want to be a top 15 team and competing for a playoff spot every year, we will have to have a really good coach. So far all I hear is "who will come to WVU? Bring back Rich R, bring Holgs back, bring in a Bowden family member. Nick Saban when he's 85 years old? Hell no, bring in a real coach now Who will come to WVU? He who gets paid like a top coach. We have a great program and excellent facilities, brand new and top notch. Now is the time to get the coach to match it. Neal Brown? Pfft.

Previous coaches would've had a hard time in this, but that's part of the problem. Maybe we should be less worried about paying NIL deals to lure in better players and actually finally for once put the money in bring in a good coach. Football is WVU 's cash cow for the whole school, and we are on a downward trajectory. "Looking for the next best young coach" is just producing Holgerson and Brown. If we are going to get a proven head coach to come here, we have to pay a coach more than ever. A good coach can develop players better, recruit better, win better, etc. If we want to be a top 15 team and competing for a playoff spot every year, we will have to have a really good coach. So far all I hear is "who will come to WVU? Bring back Rich R, bring Holgs back, bring in a Bowden family member. Nick Saban when he's 85 years old? Hell no, bring in a real coach now Who will come to WVU? He who gets paid like a top coach. We have a great program and excellent facilities, brand new and top notch. Now is the time to get the coach to match it. Neal Brown? Pfft.
A good coach can only be good if he has the adequate personal to win. You can talk about development all you want but unless you have the resources to retain players with Nil deals you're going to have a hard time preventing richer programs to entice players to enter the portal so they can profit somewhere else. Under the current system you could have a good coach and not even know it. Many good coach's would not want to come to place like wvu unless it can find away to increase its ability to put together NiL deals. In today's Ncaa sports landscape Nil will have more of an impact than the last name of the coach.

Reactions: Euell
With the defectors leaving the conference, there is a perception gap between the other Power leagues due to lack of big name brands. Oklahoma has been an actual power on the field. Texas is a brand only, but a big one, deserving or not.

Recent articles have discussed how conference members such as Oklahoma State are working to elevate their programs to elite status- same for new comer Cincinnati which currently has a top ten class coming in and has facilities in the works as well. Baylor is power in football and basketball and has shown it can sustain that. The conference will need annual serious playoff contenders to emerge for perception, recruiting and financial purposes to offset the losses.

Does WVU intend to try to become the next Clemson, or is the administration content to continue fielding a sub .500 program?
Once again WVU now #14 in 2023 class.

OSU has built a nice program but they are not elite. They are VT of the mid 90s to mid 2000s. They lose the big games that would get them over the hump just like VT did. They are ranked too high this years considering their losses on defense. That being said they would have beaten LSU in 2011 had they played in the title game. That was a very good team.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
OSU has built a nice program but they are not elite. They are VT of the mid 90s to mid 2000s. They lose the big games that would get them over the hump just like VT did. They are ranked too high this years considering their losses on defense. That being said they would have beaten LSU in 2011 had they played in the title game. That was a very good team.
Well said.

Reactions: WV Bruno
Dude, you're on fire this weekend. Racking up the 'likes', compliments of the weakest poster to ever frequent a sports message board forum.
Dude you're becoming more irrelevant than ever. Several posters not named me or WvuFF have called you out on you're stupid I am going to retire remarks. What is your fascination with posting likes? The only other poster who continually was obsessed with that was Mr fake 1% wage earner who got his a$$ banned from here. You shouldn't be accusing other people of being weak posters especially since you aren't even a wvu fan. You need to get a life. Find a Michigan or Marshall board or whatever team you really support but get the hell off of here loser.

ADVERTISEMENT