ADVERTISEMENT

What are you making for Christmas dinner?

Mog

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Morgantown, WV
Made prime rib two years ago. Beef Wellington last year- definitely a challenge getting that together. Haven't decided what to make this year, though.

mkvcXwv.jpg

kOY0nZO.jpg

Reactions: bornaneer
Made prime rib two years ago. Beef Wellington last year- definitely a challenge getting that together. Haven't decided what to make this year, though.

mkvcXwv.jpg

kOY0nZO.jpg
I wrote that exact title for a post the other day but got busy and forgot to finish up. I think we're going old school with turkey and ham. But for New Years I'm leaning toward a prime rib.

No traditions for Christmas in my family, but for New Year's Day dinner we have to have pork and sauerkraut, we add in dumplings as well. Until I met my wife we had no dinner mandates for New Year's Day. My wife's mom is from Northern Germany and according her it's good luck to eat pork and sauerkraut on New Year's Day. My kids wish the sauerkraut was options though.

Smoked a turkey on my Egg this morning. Used an apple brine that I like. Didn't have twine to tie legs together, and I foiled the tips but they'll still got burned. Lunch is at noon!

72DB9003-5D12-443F-9652-5C877DB663B7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mog
Ended up making a ham. Thing was 18 pounds- my wife and I will probably be eating this damn thing until the 4th of July.
LG8HFTC.jpg

Reactions: 1WVU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT