ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia will be the winningest football program in the Big 12 once Oklahoma and Texas depart.

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
Although the success hasn't been there over the last decade, they seem to be in the mix every three or four years. (Brown better take note)

First Class
Baylor
Oklahoma State

Baylor has had high-level success under three different head coaches now in Art Briles, Matt Rhule, and Dave Aranda. With Aranda locked up through the 2029 season and likely beyond, the Bears are going to be in the mix on a yearly basis.

Oklahoma State is the most consistent team in the "new" Big 12. Mike Gundy is also the best coach in the league. As long as that marriage continues, the Cowboys should be in the hunt for the Big 12 title and more each season.

The Next Group
BYU
TCU
West Virginia

BYU has the best chance of sustaining success. They have a deep, rich history and have proved it against some major programs throughout the years.

It remains to be seen how the Horned Frogs will do with Gary Patterson no longer in charge of the program but being in the hotbed of Dallas and with Texas leaving the conference, they should be able to have continued success on the recruiting trail.

West Virginia will be the winningest football program in the Big 12 once Oklahoma and Texas depart. Although the success hasn't been there over the last decade, they seem to be in the mix every three or four years.

Middle of the Pack
Cincinnati
Houston
Iowa State
Kansas State

Does this help Cincinnati win more recruiting battles against Ohio State or in-state talent? If so, Cincinnati could eventually make its way into "the next group".

Houston has a real shot of becoming a power in the Big 12. They're going to be the one to watch out of the newcomers thanks to Tillman Fertitta and the amount of money that's being poured into that program.

Iowa State has been much better under Matt Campbell, but last year they fell way short of expectations. Have we seen the Cyclones hit their peak?

Chris Klieman has done a great job with the program since taking over for the legendary Bill Snyder. That said, it's a hard place to recruit at and win at a high level consistently. They'll be in the mix for a spot in the title game on occasion. They'll be a 6 or 7-win team on a yearly basis.

Cellar Dwellers
Central Florida
Kansas
Texas Tech

Texas Tech in this group with the new members coming in, bumps Tech down a level. They're not going to be able to out-recruit TCU and Baylor even with Joey McGuire. Plus, they won't have the NIL possibilities that Houston has.

UCF will have a hard time competing in the Big 12. Sure, it may help them land some more Florida talent but kids are still going to want to go to Florida, Florida State, and Miami.

We all know the ceiling for Kansas is about three wins.

Although the success hasn't been there over the last decade, they seem to be in the mix every three or four years. (Brown better take note)

First Class
Baylor
Oklahoma State

Baylor has had high-level success under three different head coaches now in Art Briles, Matt Rhule, and Dave Aranda. With Aranda locked up through the 2029 season and likely beyond, the Bears are going to be in the mix on a yearly basis.

Oklahoma State is the most consistent team in the "new" Big 12. Mike Gundy is also the best coach in the league. As long as that marriage continues, the Cowboys should be in the hunt for the Big 12 title and more each season.

The Next Group
BYU
TCU
West Virginia

BYU has the best chance of sustaining success. They have a deep, rich history and have proved it against some major programs throughout the years.

It remains to be seen how the Horned Frogs will do with Gary Patterson no longer in charge of the program but being in the hotbed of Dallas and with Texas leaving the conference, they should be able to have continued success on the recruiting trail.

West Virginia will be the winningest football program in the Big 12 once Oklahoma and Texas depart. Although the success hasn't been there over the last decade, they seem to be in the mix every three or four years.

Middle of the Pack
Cincinnati
Houston
Iowa State
Kansas State

Does this help Cincinnati win more recruiting battles against Ohio State or in-state talent? If so, Cincinnati could eventually make its way into "the next group".

Houston has a real shot of becoming a power in the Big 12. They're going to be the one to watch out of the newcomers thanks to Tillman Fertitta and the amount of money that's being poured into that program.

Iowa State has been much better under Matt Campbell, but last year they fell way short of expectations. Have we seen the Cyclones hit their peak?

Chris Klieman has done a great job with the program since taking over for the legendary Bill Snyder. That said, it's a hard place to recruit at and win at a high level consistently. They'll be in the mix for a spot in the title game on occasion. They'll be a 6 or 7-win team on a yearly basis.

Cellar Dwellers
Central Florida
Kansas
Texas Tech

Texas Tech in this group with the new members coming in, bumps Tech down a level. They're not going to be able to out-recruit TCU and Baylor even with Joey McGuire. Plus, they won't have the NIL possibilities that Houston has.

UCF will have a hard time competing in the Big 12. Sure, it may help them land some more Florida talent but kids are still going to want to go to Florida, Florida State, and Miami.

Lol. Only one has too see who wrote this article to know it’s a slant piece.

Baylor has had a very fractured record in the Big 12. It's either great or shit. I'm not drinking that kool-aid.
Cinci doesn't have a long track history but THEY have the best coach and it isn't close. Getting OH players jilted by tOSU can make a pretty solid team. They should be in the top group until they lose their coach.

WVU? This year is huge. They shouldn't be where they are. Either they f$&k up and end up dropping a tier or they finally play to their potential and enter the top group. I don't see a middle ground here.

Baylor has had a very fractured record in the Big 12. It's either great or shit. I'm not drinking that kool-aid.
Cinci doesn't have a long track history but THEY have the best coach and it isn't close. Getting OH players jilted by tOSU can make a pretty solid team. They should be in the top group until they lose their coach.

WVU? This year is huge. They shouldn't be where they are. Either they f$&k up and end up dropping a tier or they finally play to their potential and enter the top group. I don't see a middle ground here.
Cincy will be lucky to see day light.

Best coach? Had to laugh at that.

Cool. Who is it then? I'll put up what Fickel has done at Cincinnati and we'll see how that goes.
Done in a G5 league. Also only could take a good Ohio State team to .500. Passed him over for Utah’s coach Urban Meyer.

Gundy is better. And looks like Aranda as well.

Done in a G5 league. Also only could take a good Ohio State team to .500. Passed him over for Utah’s coach Urban Meyer.

Since it is your shallow opinion we can assume that just the opposite is true.

Last edited:
The past is the past. WVU has had a winning tradition until more recent years. Most of the B12 years are pretty forgettable except a season or two where we came "close".

We had Geno and Tavon on the same team and were putting up points galore, but Joe Deforest completely ruined that season with the worst defense in team history. That was probably the best offense we've had since White and Slaton and it was wasted by a defense that couldnt stop anything ever.

Blah whatever. Neal Brown is the coach now, and woke is the approach. I have zero faith in his team moving forward unless they truly earn it on the field. Will they? Maybe JT Daniels and th new OC will be true difference makers. That would be nice. Aint holding my breath right now tho

Good to great seasons of WVU football only come around about every 10 to 15 years and last for 6 or 7. Coaches for WVU tend to leave when they start winning or get fired after 5 years of losing.

Reactions: WV Bruno
Good to great seasons of WVU football only come around about every 10 to 15 years and last for 6 or 7. Coaches for WVU tend to leave when they start winning or get fired after 5 years of losing.
Someone who would know told me RR had no intentions of remaining here as early as 2003 season.

The past is the past. WVU has had a winning tradition until more recent years. Most of the B12 years are pretty forgettable except a season or two where we came "close".

We had Geno and Tavon on the same team and were putting up points galore, but Joe Deforest completely ruined that season with the worst defense in team history. That was probably the best offense we've had since White and Slaton and it was wasted by a defense that couldnt stop anything ever.

Blah whatever. Neal Brown is the coach now, and woke is the approach. I have zero faith in his team moving forward unless they truly earn it on the field. Will they? Maybe JT Daniels and th new OC will be true difference makers. That would be nice. Aint holding my breath right now tho
I Guess Nick Saban and Lincoln Rileys woke approach has been a real detriment

Duly noted. Do you like salt and pepper? Even with new players at very keen positions, they will be a force.

Duly noted. Do you like salt and pepper? Even with new players at very keen positions, they will be a force.
Cincinnati will be no force. People thought the same about WVU their first season. Wonder how that turned out. Others thought Campbell would turn ISU into title contender. Wonder how that's going. Klieman was suppose to have won 3 Big titles by now. They're not even .500 in conference play since his arrival.

Cincinnati will be no force. People thought the same about WVU their first season. Wonder how that turned out. Others thought Campbell would turn ISU into title contender. Wonder how that's going.
Purdy never developed. If anything he regressed. That was it.

Cinci lost a ton. That will prove my point. They played Bama tough with about 1/2 the talent.

Cinci lost a ton. That will prove my point. They played Bama tough with about 1/2 the talent.
You will see in three to five years that you are wrong. Some brands just do not have the resources to sustain success. Remember Colorado?

Reactions: WVUALLEN

Bama kicked their ass. 27-6

Total yards Cinceless 218 Bama 482
Rushing Yards Cin 74 Bama 301

I don't see tough.

Bama kicked their ass. 27-6

Total yards Cinceless 218 Bama 482
Rushing Yards Cin 74 Bama 301

I don't see tough.
This shows you how delusional fans can be. Cincy clearly got their ass beat. I remember watching the most recent bowl we had with NC State with a friend. We got our asses beat. I remember him saying we should have won that one. Me and his father both were like what game were you watching? Same deal with those who think we would beat ND with Major healthy. It would have been about another score closer. Maybe 31-24 as the offense would have done a little better and maybe keeping the Irish off the field and holding them to a few less points. Our defense got dominated in the Fiesta. We were also not moving that DL off the ball or blocking their LBers.

Brown has been getting great recruits. Now he has to prove he knows how to win.

First Class
Baylor
Oklahoma State

The Next Group
BYU
TCU
West Virginia

Middle of the Pack
Cincinnati
Houston
Iowa State
Kansas State

Cellar Dwellers
Central Florida
Kansas
Texas Tech

Will we also be the only team to have lost to Kansas?

Will we also be the only team to have lost to Kansas?
I don't know. Ask Texas, Texas Tech, ISU and TCU.

2021 - Kansas 57 Texas 56
2016 - Kansas 24 Texas 21

2019 - Kansas 37 Texas Tech 34

2014 - Kansas 34 ISU 14

2018 - Kansas 27 TCU 26

Reactions: Rootmaster
Cincinnati will be no force. People thought the same about WVU their first season. Wonder how that turned out. Others thought Campbell would turn ISU into title contender. Wonder how that's going. Klieman was suppose to have won 3 Big titles by now. They're not even .500 in conference play since his arrival.
I sense fear from you. Cincy came in and won the same league you were in twice. They have a much better backyard for talent, and a much better coach with ties in Ohio. Facts are when they invest they win. Same thing with Pittsburgh, Louisville and now UCF. You sound like a jilted fan who wants to crap on others to satisfy some hole you dug as a child. I suggest you go go listen to some John Denver, watch some Pat White highlights and get some sleep. West Virginia is gonna be in the SEC one day. The problem is Cincy, Pitt, Louisville and UCF will not be going away. They are at your table, you best get used to it.

• Haha
Reactions: Tylerite
I sense fear from you. Cincy came in and won the same league you were in twice. They have a much better backyard for talent, and a much better coach with ties in Ohio. Facts are when they invest they win. Same thing with Pittsburgh, Louisville and now UCF. You sound like a jilted fan who wants to crap on others to satisfy some hole you dug as a child. I suggest you go go listen to some John Denver, watch some Pat White highlights and get some sleep. West Virginia is gonna be in the SEC one day. The problem is Cincy, Pitt, Louisville and UCF will not be going away. They are at your table, you best get used to it.
Better coach? lol 😆 Luke couldn’t lead a automatic 9-10 win Ohio State to more than 6 wins.

Looky...the weirdo Tylerlight still posting after leaving the forum. Guess it needs someplace to spew Anti WV, anti Christian, anti working person, anti American, pro Slobbering Joe and Cackling Kamala lies and big brother handout bullshtt.

WVU won their BCS bowl games. What about Cincinnati?

Cincinnati vs WVU 3-16-1

Let me know when they do something besides get their ass kicked in major bowls.

WVU is not going to be in the SEC. I suggest you live in reality and not a dream world.

ADVERTISEMENT