ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM West Virginia still has NCAA goals, but open to postseason opportunities

I think our only way to get in is winning the Big 12 tournament. But let’s be realistic, that’s not gonna happen.
I think winning all our remaining game/tourney - except the championship game - would leave us something like 19-16 with a 5-13 conf record. I don't see how that gets us in.

Winning conf tourney is our only "slim avenue." But that is the slim path for every bad team.

Best chance is to buy tickets to an NCAA tourney game.

But there's always the opportunity to buy into a meaningless unwatched tourney and get smoked by coastal carolina at home too.

I don’t know how much it would help playing in a pay to play, especially since you spend the money and time with players who may jump into the portal and leave. No way you go into it playing seniors who will not be there next year. Plus taking who you know will not return, you end up with a lot of empty seats on the bench and these little used freshmen (who need the experience) will be wore out by the midway point of the second half.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I don’t know how much it would help playing in a pay to play, especially since you spend the money and time with players who may jump into the portal and leave. No way you go into it playing seniors who will not be there next year. Plus taking who you know will not return, you end up with a lot of empty seats on the bench and these little used freshmen (who need the experience) will be wore out by the midway point of the second half.
It wouldn't help at all with 8 seniors. Best to stay away and start recruiting the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT