ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM West Virginia looking for a win, Huggins looking for answers

Can Doomes deliver? We desperately need him to. Or will he be yet another miss recruit at guard by Huggins and staff.

Sad thing is if Konate was playing with Culver we would be winning all these games. Without Konate we stink and have no defense inside. Maybe Konate gets 100% late in year and he and Culver lead us to Big 12 title.

Here's an answer. Don't let someone turn into Michael Jordan at halftime. Barry Brown had an amazing game. Can't let someone get in the zone like that.

Sad thing is if Konate was playing with Culver we would be winning all these games

You know Pride I too want the Mountaineers and Huggs to succeed but your incessant whining and excuse making about what might have been mean nothing, and make you look like an immature fool. The only thing that counts is Konate quit on the team and Culver needed attitude adjustment and when playing they were not true difference makers. Crap season because there are a bunch of underachieving individuals instead of a group of overachieving teammates.To be coached you have to want to be coached. This group thinks they are NBA caliber when they may not even be D1.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I think McCabe and Culver and Matthews and Doomes and Haley looked like they want to play ball. They don't know what they are doing yet but they are energetic. Hope to see a little more of Doomes and Matthews in the second half. Let em play.

Rootmaster your one of the better, smarter posters on here but you have to admit Huggins is the most overhyped coach in WVU history. Most overatted coach in college hoops. Good guards, wings want nothing to do with him. He can’t recruit and needs to retire. Sweet 16 is his ceiling if he’s lucky and better coaches would have recruited better to get to elite 8 more often and occasionally final 4. He couldn’t coach Cincinnati teams past 1st-2nd round. WVU carries Huggs. Any coach can win games at WVU but a better coach can win more than Huggs and recruit better guards. He gets top practice facility with other folks money and can’t deliver better recruits. That’s on Huggs. His staff is terrible too.

Declining attendance, decreased interest, low ticket sales, unhappy fanbase will be in Lyons ear soon. It might be time to get a younger coach that can play exciting offense and recruit better guards. Huggs needs to retire very soon. 95% of fans in WV are agreeing on this.

Last edited:
McCabe is going to have to get way quicker, faster by next year to remain in high D1. He’s so slow it’s alarming. No speed in open court. No quickness. High school basketball in Wisconsin isn’t good. No wonder U of Wisconsin and schools up there didn’t want him and didn’t recruit him much. He was 19 year old peaked out senior last year in high school. I’m concerned. Huggs may have to get him transferred. I don’t know how much better he will get. Can strength and conditioning staff get him faster, quicker, bigger, stronger ?

Quote from WVpride

"McCabe is going to be a star freshmen. He’s that good. He will have many nights where he gets hot and lights up the scoreboard. He is one of the best shooters in the country. When he gets hot, look out. Kid is not a normal freshmen. Big 12 freshmen of year candidate. Don’t sleep on him."

He peaked in high school trill. It’s obvious now. He was held back in 8th grade for sports reasons. He was 18 year old junior and 19 year old senior in high school. He’s not the answer. He should transfer down. Too slow, small for this level.

He peaked out. He’s not as good as I hoped and thought. I’m rarely wrong. I was wrong about McCabe.

You have been wrong on literally every prediction you've made on this board for a year.

Bodhi your just mad I’m usually correct and exposed how dumb you are 99% of time. Your on a witch hunt.

I told you Holgs sucked. I told you Allison, Chugs, Ford Childress we’re not starting QBs before they ever played. I predicted 95% of what happens.

I think McCabe and Culver and Matthews and Doomes and Haley looked like they want to play ball. They don't know what they are doing yet but they are energetic. Hope to see a little more of Doomes and Matthews in the second half. Let em play.

Agreed. Team isn't going anywhere this year. Time to play McCabe and Bolden as guards, Doomes, West, and Matthews as the wings/forwards, and Culver and Gordon in the middle. Perhaps even had sub patterns where Culver and Gordon are in together for some high/low action and rebounding.

Harler, Routt, Knapper.........role players at best. Play very small minutes.

Bodhi your just mad I’m usually correct and exposed how dumb you are 99% of time. Your on a witch hunt.
Do you walk around the streets of Fairmont muttering and arguing with yourself and passersby? I think you do.

I don’t live in Fairmont I just like the fact that they are producing good athletes for WVU. We need them.

Ban super troll WVpride304. He's like a bug that crawls on a floor. It's time to smash that bug and toss it.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Rootmaster what was I wrong about so much dude? My basketball prediction? Everyone thought we would be better. I didn’t think Culver would be suspended and Konate had knee issues, headcase issues. I never anticipated that. Who did? If those 2 things don’t happen we are probably 14-2 or better. We are losing close games without Konate. He’s our best player that changes everything for us. He and Culver won’t lose too often if together all year playing 100% healthy. They would cover up the other scrubs a lot.

Also I’ve been spot on mostly throughout the years about 90% of my predictions. Nobody can get everything nailed. I told the board Chuggs, Childress, Allison were terrible before they ever played. I told the board Wesco was a stud before the season began. I told the board Doomes wouldn’t cut it last year and so many things.......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT