ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM West Virginia head coach Neal Brown quotes

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Story of our game is the inability of our offense to move the ball at all. Stats are putrid, gave ourselves no chance to win the game. Credit Iowa State they are really good on defense, they've been really good on defense for a while and they may have their best unit this year. But we got nothing going. Thought defensively we hung in there, we really did, we played really well through three quarters. Disappointed we gave up some rushing yardage to them but we gave ourselves a chance to win defensively. The roughing the punt penalty was huge. It was 10-7 in the game at that point, we had a chance to get the ball back around midfield. I thought he got blocked into him, we'll see. Can't say until I see it. I didn't see enough of the replay to tell. That was obviously the play of the game and they scored there and they took control of the game.

We were playing so bad on offense I thought that would give us a chance to make a play on that. If you think about it is was toward the end of the third quarter and other than the last drive we had nothing going. We dented them a little bit in the run game, our pass game was non-existent. I felt like our best chance maybe and we were close. That's been a really good unit for us all year but that penalty was obviously critical in the game and he definitely hit him. I thought he was blocked into him but I haven't seen enough of the reply to tell you if that's accurate or not.

They probably played a little more four down than we were thinking but credit to them they're good on defense but our execution was not good. We didn't play anywhere close to good enough at quarterback or receiver to win this game. To say I'm disappointed and frustrated by how we played offensively would be a serious, serious taking it lightly.

You'll have to ask JT Daniels he wasn't on top of his game today. I think that was accurate. He missed one short. It was windy but everybody had to play in the same deal.

You play 49 plays it's hard to win. If you go back and look at our first downs that's probably where we really struggled. Outside the drive at the end of the half or the end of the game I'm not sure we got multiple first downs. Maybe one other drive. There's not much good I can say offensively, you watched it. As bad as we've been.

I thought Justin Johnson did himself fine. We probably should have gotten him more carries. We were able to dent them with the run game and we just couldn't get over the hump. I thought he did some nice things.

Nothing. We wanted to use Garrett a little bit more but I don't think our lack of personnel matter. Would it help if we had CJ and Tony, yeah. But that wasn't the reason we were bad today offensively.

Charles Woods gets hurt again, Wesley McCormick gets hurt, Aubrey Burks gets hurt we've had ridiculous injuries in the secondary. We just haven't played complimentary football very well this year. Today we played good on defense, bad on offense. Last week in the first half we played really good on offense, bad on defense. We just haven't been able to play both sides of the ball consistently very well.

I thought we played three quarters worth of solid defense. I thought we would play their run game better. They've really struggled to run the football and they went for 172 today rushing which is by far the most they've had in a league game this year. I thought we would be able to do that better but we probably held their passing game in check better than I thought we would. Once they got control of the game there late in the third and early in the fourth they did a good job setting on it.

I don't think there was any effort issue. I thought guys competed all the way. I don't think that was the issue today. We had a chance to win the game in the fourth quarter and we just didn't get it done. We didn't play good enough to win but we didn't have effort issues they just beat us in the fourth quarter.

he doesn't have any answers and that should be one hell of a big clue

OK, so it wasn’t an effort issue again. So what is the issue, Neal? Is it coaching? Is it that you’ve assembled the worst roster in the Big 12? Is it you’re in over your head at a P5? After all, you just got punked by the last-place team.

Last edited:
Reactions: GhostofGraves
Neal Brown is NOT a Mountaineer. Get this beta out of here and hire a real coach. Just not Fisher, please.

Story of our game is the inability of our offense to move the ball at all. Stats are putrid, gave ourselves no chance to win the game. Credit Iowa State they are really good on defense, they've been really good on defense for a while and they may have their best unit this year. But we got nothing going. Thought defensively we hung in there, we really did, we played really well through three quarters. Disappointed we gave up some rushing yardage to them but we gave ourselves a chance to win defensively. The roughing the punt penalty was huge. It was 10-7 in the game at that point, we had a chance to get the ball back around midfield. I thought he got blocked into him, we'll see. Can't say until I see it. I didn't see enough of the replay to tell. That was obviously the play of the game and they scored there and they took control of the game.

We were playing so bad on offense I thought that would give us a chance to make a play on that. If you think about it is was toward the end of the third quarter and other than the last drive we had nothing going. We dented them a little bit in the run game, our pass game was non-existent. I felt like our best chance maybe and we were close. That's been a really good unit for us all year but that penalty was obviously critical in the game and he definitely hit him. I thought he was blocked into him but I haven't seen enough of the reply to tell you if that's accurate or not.

They probably played a little more four down than we were thinking but credit to them they're good on defense but our execution was not good. We didn't play anywhere close to good enough at quarterback or receiver to win this game. To say I'm disappointed and frustrated by how we played offensively would be a serious, serious taking it lightly.

You'll have to ask JT Daniels he wasn't on top of his game today. I think that was accurate. He missed one short. It was windy but everybody had to play in the same deal.

You play 49 plays it's hard to win. If you go back and look at our first downs that's probably where we really struggled. Outside the drive at the end of the half or the end of the game I'm not sure we got multiple first downs. Maybe one other drive. There's not much good I can say offensively, you watched it. As bad as we've been.

I thought Justin Johnson did himself fine. We probably should have gotten him more carries. We were able to dent them with the run game and we just couldn't get over the hump. I thought he did some nice things.

Nothing. We wanted to use Garrett a little bit more but I don't think our lack of personnel matter. Would it help if we had CJ and Tony, yeah. But that wasn't the reason we were bad today offensively.

Charles Woods gets hurt again, Wesley McCormick gets hurt, Aubrey Burks gets hurt we've had ridiculous injuries in the secondary. We just haven't played complimentary football very well this year. Today we played good on defense, bad on offense. Last week in the first half we played really good on offense, bad on defense. We just haven't been able to play both sides of the ball consistently very well.

I thought we played three quarters worth of solid defense. I thought we would play their run game better. They've really struggled to run the football and they went for 172 today rushing which is by far the most they've had in a league game this year. I thought we would be able to do that better but we probably held their passing game in check better than I thought we would. Once they got control of the game there late in the third and early in the fourth they did a good job setting on it.

I don't think there was any effort issue. I thought guys competed all the way. I don't think that was the issue today. We had a chance to win the game in the fourth quarter and we just didn't get it done. We didn't play good enough to win but we didn't have effort issues they just beat us in the fourth quarter.

Shut. The. ****. Up. And. Resign

OK, so it wasn’t an effort issue again. So what is the issue, Neal? Is it coaching? Is it that you’ve assembled the worst roster in the Big 12? Is it you’re in over your head at a P5? After all, you just got punked by the last-place team.
c’mon man. They’re not in last place anymore.

Can someone in the WV media ask NB why his teams suck and have gotten progressively worse under his tenure? Press in Athens, Oh, Blacksburg, Va, Charlottesville, Va, Harrisonburg, Va, forgotten universities in Pittsburgh hold their local coach's feet to the fire better than any publication in WV does with WVU coaches...Huggins included.

Can someone in the WV media ask NB why his teams suck and have gotten progressively worse under his tenure? Press in Athens, Oh, Blacksburg, Va, Charlottesville, Va, Harrisonburg, Va, forgotten universities in Pittsburgh hold their local coach's feet to the fire better than any publication in WV does with WVU coaches...Huggins included.
Huggins is hall of fame and could kick your ass.

Huggins is hall of fame and could kick your ass.
Oh yes, I remember wvuallen after a year's break from this board....typing with one hand while the other is occupied with a picture of Huggins in his gold suit. Who knows, maybe WVU will finish with better than a fvcking .222 winning percentage and last place in the B12 this year.

Oh yes, I remember wvuallen after a year's break from this board....typing with one hand while the other is occupied with a picture of Huggins in his gold suit. Who knows, maybe WVU will finish with better than a fvcking .222 winning percentage and last place in the B12 this year.
You seem to have forgotten the good years and only remember the shit years. Typical of a troll prick. Go jump off a bridge and end it.

Yeah really killing it in conference huh?
Tell me what coach has killed it in any conference for WVU team not in Eastern 8, Atlantic 10 or Southern Conference.

I'll take Huggins over any former WVU coach except Schaus.

Tell me what coach has killed it in any conference for WVU team not in Eastern 8, Atlantic 10 or Southern Conference.

I'll take Huggins over any former WVU coach except Schaus.
I expect a little more than barely above .500 in conference for a HOF coach. Unless, of course, you're willing to admit that his best years were multiple years behind him.

I've never really thought he brought in talent...always missing playmakers

He's never had his own Tavon, PW, Kevin White, Slaton, ect.

There's really no defining playmaker of his tenure, imo.

I prefer descent.

b79c0b626636754a1d2856fea3e2bec53edbcbca.jpg

Reactions: GoWVU
I expect a little more than barely above .500 in conference for a HOF coach. Unless, of course, you're willing to admit that his best years were multiple years behind him.
You're a complete idiot. You should have stayed gone 2 more years.

2018-2019 10th place 15-21 (4-14)
2019-2020 3rd place 21-10 (9-9) no post season held
2020-2021 3rd place 19-10 (11-6) round of 32
2021-2022 10th place 16-17 (4-14)

I've never really thought he brought in talent...always missing playmakers

He's never had his own Tavon, PW, Kevin White, Slaton, ect.

There's really no defining playmaker of his tenure, imo.
Higher recruiting classes than Dana. But you're correct no play makers or difference makers. His teams have lacked speed and identity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT