ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football vs. Oklahoma

That was complete BS, they called a TO before the snap yet they let the play run, wonder if that would of been a TO if they recovered that in the end zone

Dear refs....unless it’s a 15 yard foul....just keep the flags in your pocket....the sooner this crap show is over...the better for all involved.

I’d say they need to put your backups in to see how they do but I’m pretty sure we started most of our backups.

The incompetence of this staff should make you appreciate the quality of the previous staff.

Any offensive lineman we're recruiting has to be thinking to himself, "Man, I will be in the starting lineup next September if I go to WVU. I'm way better than these guys."

Reactions: K2C Sooner
To Mountaineer Fans everywhere...…………..I am no longer entertained by our football squad. I can't watch the game anymore. I'm done. Pay the HC $80,000 a week for what? Let's move back to the old Southern Conference and compete!

Last 3 years against Oklahoma, we gave up 56, 59 and 59 points.

Already at 52 today.

We don't deserve to be on the same field or in the same conference at Oklahoma if we can't hold them to less than 50 points.

The incompetence of this staff should make you appreciate the quality of the previous staff.
Yes, the previous HC had tons of success against OK...to the tune of going winless and giving up an average of 47 points per game.

It's going to take a long time to wipe the stink off this program.

It's dead. Won't beat another FBS team until we play Kansas next year.

I am done with sports. Well, all except for my beloved New York Yankees. I long for the time that WV was competitive in both football and basketball. That was such a long time ago.

It's about what we should have expected. Oklahoma is at at the peak of their power and a national title contender and WVU is rebuilding. The margin is 38 right now and the spread was 33.5.

I like the long passes. The WVU coaching staff seems to be able to identify weak points in the defense and attack them, which may prove very valuable when WVU improves their offensive talent. The WR was open on some of those long passes but Kendall missed him.

I think we've got a good coaching staff and if/when we start amassing more talent and depth we're going to be pretty good. I expected 3-4 wins this season and that still looks about right.

Earl Anthony
Mark Roth
Johnny Petraglia
Ernie McCracken (Big Ern)
Roy Munson

That may have been the BEST team we have EVER played.

We need the long week and a half.

Hope some of the injured can return.

Gave them everything but the kitchen sink. It's apparent nobody watches the games anymore except for negative side.

Brown’s playcalling has been lackluster and vanilla. He may be working with less, but he has to improve his playcalling. It is nothing compared to Rich Rod or even Dana (who would go conservative at random, unnecessary times).

What adjustments would you have done with 21 players that have played for their first time ever in the past 2 weeks?
Lowe III - why just limit his time to just the end of the game.....after all the game was over at half
Would have like to have pressured hurts

The playcalling seems fine to me. They just don't have enough players on offense, especially against someone like Oklahoma. I liked suddenly going to the long passes todays because OU doesn't have great corners. If the QB is more accurate then we hit on some of those because sometimes the WR had him beat.

Could be because he isn't Rod or Dana. Brown like defense. Brown is working with no offensive line. Brown is working with no QB. If Kendall is the best we got, Oh my. Brown is working with multiple injuries and 21 first time players. The guy deserves credit and chance to prove things. Did you expect 8-4 or better? Next year I will hope to be 6-6 at worst. Building from the ground up with recruits is harder than getting JC or grad players for a video game offense and no defense.

Reactions: OlegeezEER
Lowe III - why just limit his time to just the end of the game.....after all the game was over at half
Would have like to have pressured hurts

Hard to pressure when the O-Line is better. Lowe? If any good would not be 3rd string. If the guy comes in and throws 3 int for TD's. You would cry why didn't we run the wildcat.

You don't like don't watch.

Could be because he isn't Rod or Dana. Brown like defense. Brown is working with no offensive line. Brown is working with no QB. If Kendall is the best we got, Oh my. Brown is working with multiple injuries and 21 first time players. The guy deserves credit and chance to prove things. Did you expect 8-4 or better? Next year I will hope to be 6-6 at worst. Building from the ground up with recruits is harder than getting JC or grad players for a video game offense and no defense.

As I've posted elsewhere on here, in 2018 Troy had 20 true freshman and the breakdown of how Brown used them was as follows:

14 redshirted
3 played some
1 played a lot
For 2, the website didn't say

IOW, Brown doesn't generally play freshmen much, preferring to let them grow and develop, which is smart if you can manage it. But if the cupboard is pretty bare, like it was at WVU, you have no choice.

2019 is probably the youngest and least experienced team Brown will ever have at WVU. No way you can have a good season like that. I accept that. It's necessary. If there's one thing that HGTV has taught me it's that if you're gonna remodel your house to make it look better you're first gonna have to make it look worse by tearing some stuff out.

As I have posted elsewhere on here, this program is dead. There is nothing to get you excited. Nobody who you want to watch play every week. The talent is surely lacking everywhere. It looked like a junior high team playing against Oklahoma. Embarrassing plays all around. Offense, defense and special teams were a joke.

No way we win another game against a FBS opponent until we play Kansas next year. Sad, folks, but true.

The new coach has done nothing of note in the recruiting area except make excuses. There is nobody on that commitment list who a program can be built around or can get the fanbase excited. Heck, the coach doesn't even get excited on the sideline.

This is what a program looks like when it's given last rites. We need somebody -- a coach, player, recruit, anybody -- who can pump some life into this program before the fanbase pulls the plug on the life support.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
As I have posted elsewhere on here, this program is dead. There is nothing to get you excited. Nobody who you want to watch play every week. The talent is surely lacking everywhere. It looked like a junior high team playing against Oklahoma. Embarrassing plays all around. Offense, defense and special teams were a joke.

No way we win another game against a FBS opponent until we play Kansas next year. Sad, folks, but true.

The new coach has done nothing of note in the recruiting area except make excuses. There is nobody on that commitment list who a program can be built around or can get the fanbase excited. Heck, the coach doesn't even get excited on the sideline.

This is what a program looks like when it's given last rites. We need somebody -- a coach, player, recruit, anybody -- who can pump some life into this program before the fanbase pulls the plug on the life support.

You must be a ball at parties. If WVU is in the same state non-stop from now until 2022 as it is now then I'll agree with you. Believe it or not, a program like WVU has 3-4 win seasons now and then even when things aren't bad in the big picture. Look up some history.

To Mountaineer Fans everywhere...…………..I am no longer entertained by our football squad. I can't watch the game anymore. I'm done. Pay the HC $80,000 a week for what? Let's move back to the old Southern Conference and compete!

I hear University of Charleston is looking for fans. Move on bitch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT