ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM West Virginia football lands Buffalo safety transfer Cobb

Haters gonna hate.

It's his final year so people just need to chill and wait.

Haters gonna hate.

It's his final year so people just need to chill and wait.

I know why it has to be done, but I just can't help but find it humorously obsurd to watch sports media have try to deflect from the obvious for a whole year. The results of Brown's tenure have been woefully bad in comparison to the last 40 or so years of WVU football. These "gets" are not as hype worthy as what Brown has previously brought in and we have seen what he accomplished with those.

Sure some of these guys may be great players and I definitely take a "I'll believe it when I see it on the field" mentality to recruit rankings. However, it is painfully obvious that Brown and WVU are only together for this season because WVU has no other choice. It is also obvious that the near all but certain departure of Brown in 1-2 seasons is making it harder to get a base of players in to build the program.

So I know as a business model for sports media it doesn't sell to be doom and gloom, but it is morbidly humorous to see how they try to mask the equivalent of rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

I know why it has to be done, but I just can't help but find it humorously obsurd to watch sports media have try to deflect from the obvious for a whole year. The results of Brown's tenure have been woefully bad in comparison to the last 40 or so years of WVU football. These "gets" are not as hype worthy as what Brown has previously brought in and we have seen what he accomplished with those.

Sure some of these guys may be great players and I definitely take a "I'll believe it when I see it on the field" mentality to recruit rankings. However, it is painfully obvious that Brown and WVU are only together for this season because WVU has no other choice. It is also obvious that the near all but certain departure of Brown in 1-2 seasons is making it harder to get a base of players in to build the program.

So I know as a business model for sports media it doesn't sell to be doom and gloom, but it is morbidly humorous to see how they try to mask the equivalent of rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
The ship has already sunk. Why Gee keeps trying to rescue Brown is a mystery.

Reactions: Rootmaster
the interesting things is a lot of the guys who have left have went to Group of five schools and many that WVU is signing as replacements are group of 5 schools trying to go to Power 5.

It looks like we currently have the NFL minor leagues in place.

Low A Ball would be all the lower divisions (II and III)

High A Ball would be the Group of 5 schools

Double A Ball are the majority of schools in the Power 5 who continually get beat up by the others.

Triple A Ball are your schools like Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State etc who are typically the ones that have a shot at the national championship.

Every once in a while you get a Clemson or a TCU who will come spoil the big boys party, but the most part of it is the top 2 or 3 of the Big Ten, SEC and the top of the other three conferences.

The NFL gets what they want and they don't have to pay for it.

First the Kent State now the Buffalo pipeline is wide open. Go Neal... trust the climb.
Don't forget the Ga.Tech and Tennessee State piplines.

But seriously, would you come here knowing the coach will be gone by end of the season?

Reactions: deedoubleyou

But seriously, would you come here knowing the coach will be gone by end of the season?
No I would not come to WVU right now. Brown is near the top of every hot seat list you can find.

It doesn't matter anymore. They can transfer whenever they want to now.

It doesn't matter anymore. They can transfer whenever they want to now.
Not if you already graduated and soon those extra year extension of covid players will be gone soon. Unless you're in the SEC then you can stay until you're 30.

ADVERTISEMENT