ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football at Oklahoma

Would just like to see a competitive game for once when playing at Oklahoma. Somehow I think we see the same results.

I want the same. A competitive game. I dont mind if they beat us head to head legit so much, I just dont want to make it easy on them by handing them the game with turnovers and mistakes and make fools of ourselves. Thats way worse than getting beat by a team who is better but you played them tough. Just play hard and see what happens.

0-29 all time versus top 5 on the road since beginning of ranking system in NCAA 1936.

18 of those vs
Pitt - 3
OU - 4
Miami - 5
PSU - 6

When was the last time WVU had a game on prime time TV on one of the main channels?

ABC/NBC/CBS/Fox?

Would like to see at least a threat to throw by Green and a few on the money deep throws by Doege. If we can do that then Leddy can make some hay.

I see no happiness and at least 30 troll threads crying like little bitches after OU wins by 24.

If Doege is in for his passing, why don't they pass it beyond 8 yards? Can Greene honestly not check down to his 3rd option as well?

Yes, the field position isn't that different than a punt, but the jolt a pick gives your opponent and dejection inflicted your team cannot be ignored. Luckily, our D held tough, but that interception cannot be dismissed...plus, I doubt Doege did the calculations Herbstreit accredited him during that play.

Run the ball up the middle more.
Exactly..
There are other things involved as well
But you have to take advantage of the weakness in their scheme
At least the inability for OU to recruit guys who are physical freaks. 300 guys who move like LBs

The strength of their scheme is forcing you to throw the ball downfield

Got to take some shots downfield.
Can’t open yourselves up like that against their pass rush

Pretty much watching the new Big 12 today. Going to play a little more conservative because the defense forces you to. Looks a lot like the NFL
Why the attacks on Neal Brown have no merit because he fits this

Exactly..
There are other things involved as well
But you have to take advantage of the weakness in their scheme
At least the inability for OU to recruit guys who are physical freaks. 300 guys who move like LBs

The strength of their scheme is forcing you to throw the ball downfield
Cute. Yet Brown has run it well the few times up the middle.

Their defense is built for teams who are trying to take the top off the defense
You saw on that third down play. The OL didn’t even touch the pass rusher
He was through pressuring the QB in less than 5 seconds
Can’t run downfield routes that quick

Can’t open yourselves up like that against their pass rush

Pretty much watching the new Big 12 today. Going to play a little more conservative because the defense forces you to. Looks a lot like the NFL
Why the attacks on Neal Brown have no merit because he fits this
I agree that his model can work. He needs to have top 15 ranked classes every year to make it viable.

I agree that his model can work. He needs to have top 15 ranked classes every year to make it viable.
Still hasn’t had the chance to develop players at every position throughout the depth chart
But you see the improvement. Especially at the position where it takes the longest. Offensive Line

Reactions: LHANDSDC
Doege gives nothing to the offense, absolutely nothing. His defenders concede that he's not a runner but act if his passing ability and command of the offensive scheme make up for it as if it's akin to Tom Brady. Defenders look across the LOS and see zero threat.

Well, we are still in the game. The defense s still playing good. Daygay is still Daygay. Greene has a pep in his step.

Plenty of game left. We could pull this off if we step up and play another good half. .

ADVERTISEMENT