ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM West Virginia big Culver announces plans to pursue professional career

Again, another player who needed the additional year. He has grown, but if he wants the NBA, he has to shoot the ball from the 3 point line. Athletically he has the skills to make it.
Best of luck to him though. I hope he continues his development and gets to the NBA.

I have a lot of respect for the work he put in and the maturity he gained. Still he needed to be able to hedge the high screens and defend the rim better. Will miss his hooks, rebounding and overall toughness. He should have had 2X the FTs he was awarded. I don’t think I have ever seen a Ref that was over 6’6’’ who ever played with his back to the basket. I wish DC nothing but the best in his future. Hope he makes lots of $$.

Definitely a loss, but not nearly as big as Deuce. Maybe not even as big as McNeil given Culver shriveled when the stage was big like the Syracuse game in the tournament.
Culver's best attribute was his rebounding. Sure he could get double doubles every game but he would go 10-20 from foul line to do it. Lacked defensive skills and rim protection. No interior defense at all. When triple teamed in paint he would force up a shot. Looked like he was having a seizure while doing so.

Good luck to him.

Again, another player who needed the additional year. He has grown, but if he wants the NBA, he has to shoot the ball from the 3 point line. Athletically he has the skills to make it.
Best of luck to him though. I hope he continues his development and gets to the NBA.

If he needs a 3 point shot to make the NBA, then he definitely does not need another year here. We do not need another Sags playing out if his position to work on the weak parts of his game. In such a case the team does not effectively get what the player is good at while taking the liability of that player doing something they are weak at instead of another player who could do that task more effectively. Now if his biggest problem with making the NBA is something like rim defense where he could work on that while still giving the team his most effective talents, then another year here would definitely help both sides.

Reactions: tburdette87
Culver rebounded flat footed. Couldnt shoot foul shots. Threw the ball up at the rim. And he had stone hands and an attitude. Yeah...really going to miss that. He will make a few bucks in Serbia however.

Culver rebounded flat footed. Couldnt shoot foul shots. Threw the ball up at the rim. And he had stone hands and an attitude. Yeah...really going to miss that. He will make a few bucks in Serbia however.

Couldnt shoot foul shots? Did you even look at his stats sheets? He had like 10 for 11 nights in free throws.

Couldnt shoot foul shots? Did you even look at his stats sheets? He had like 10 for 11 nights in free throws.
Do you have to look so clueless...inaccurate...and just plain stupid? Sportswriter my ass. Did you ever look at Culver's stats? His free throw shooting for his three seasons was abysmal...58.5% in 2018/19...51.7% in 2019/20...and 62.4%for the past season. That's 57.5% for his Mountaineer years. In addition even though he was at the rim he made less than half his shots while turning it over 2 to 3 times per game. So...overrated. Bye.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Not playing your boring game teeny tiny little limp DickHead.

If you hate all the coaches and players the problem could be you and not them.
Huggins is one of the best coaches in college basketball. Could have at least says Bob Huggins
Improve your trolling. If you hate everyone it weakens your argument because you just sound like a negative poster.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
Ah, the thread turns into a pissing match between skunks. What was the OP theme anyway? I've forgotten.
So you're trying to steer the thread away from your moronic prior post and lean on your trusty DemWit I'm an innocent victim excuse? You dont know jackcrap about WVU sports.

So you're trying to steer the thread away from your moronic prior post and lean on your trusty DemWit I'm an innocent victim excuse? You dont know jackcrap about WVU sports.
Hey John why do you have to be political about everything. Being for or against a coach is not a partisan issue.

Big loss to the team for sure. Good luck to Culver. I think it's a lame decision and he's not ready for pro ball, but he's ready to get paid even if it's a B league. So be it.

This is why WVU wont win a title unless we catch magic in a bottle and get lucky. Between transfers and players who aren't pro ready leaving every year, we cant build a team of veteran players.

Regardless of personal opinions in regard to Culver, i.e., his rebounding, his free throw percentage, I look at this in a much different way. Are your opponents happy he left early, or would they prefer he stuck around and play another year? I know if Michigan had to play West Virginia next year, I would rather play you without him on the team, as opposed to playing you with him on the team.

Big loss to the team for sure. Good luck to Culver. I think it's a lame decision and he's not ready for pro ball, but he's ready to get paid even if it's a B league. So be it.

This is why WVU wont win a title unless we catch magic in a bottle and get lucky. Between transfers and players who aren't pro ready leaving every year, we cant build a team of veteran players.

He's ready for the pro ball he will be able to play. Culver will never be an NBA level talent, extra year st WVU or no. His ceiling is Devin William's level of success and there's nothing wrong with it. I'd love to have him back, but I don't see anything wrong with this decision on his part.

Reactions: KingCoal
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT