ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball vs. Western Kentucky

Unfortunately, Dan Dakich is the analyst again. He is hard to listen to.
Agree. Not only that but he is a Bobby Knight protege. Accepted the head coaching position at WV, then reneged a week later. I think he also interviewed at Marshall some years ago and when the school pres. said he didn't much care for BK, Dakich ended the interview.

Reactions: Euell
Agree. Not only that but he is a Bobby Knight protege. Accepted the head coaching position at WV, then reneged a week later. I think he also interviewed at Marshall some years ago and when the school pres. said he didn't much care for BK, Dakich ended the interview.
Best thing that ever happened to WVU when he reneged.

Reactions: Soaring Eagle 74
After 2 1/2 games, something that is painfully clear is, with the exception of McNeil's offensive game none of the returning players has gotten better. All of their deficiencies and limitations of last season are still there. And the newcomers have provided nothing.

After 2 1/2 games, something that is painfully clear is, with the exception of McNeil's offensive game none of the returning players has gotten better. All of their deficiencies and limitations of last season are still there. And the newcomers have provided nothing.

Mcneil has an offensive game?

Game 1 6-16 / 2-9 from 3 / FT 2-2
Game 2 5-15 / 4-9 from 3 / FT 2-2
So far today 1-5 / 0-1 from 3 / FT 2-2

Forces far too many shots.

Derek Culver puts the gold into the Gold and Blue. Awesome performance today. Anyone whining about a 3-0 start is someone who is NOT #1 in their office! Basketball is a helter-skelter game these days. Unlike football, which is chess with human bodies. Next?

Reactions: WVUALLEN
One thing I like about McNeil is even if he is having a bad day he's going to keep shooting. Eventually they start falling.

Reactions: locustwv
Teams have to cheat inside on WVU.

This opens up perimeter shots.
Reason why Mcneil camps on the baseline. Highest percentage 3 pointer.

McNeil has his place to be out there. I think Huggins wants to get that going
Especially against this level of competition.

As of right he isn't hitting...

On the other side of the court.
He doesn't have the lateral quickness if teams want to isolate him with one on one matchups.

Doesn't have the length.
Good chance his wingspan is his height.
Not long

Two different 6-3's. Some are more 6-8 in length and can guard multiple positions

McNeil can't even guard one

Three wins in a row against experienced teams. We can do that. These guys are going to be learning for the next 3 weeks, working to do new things with different people on the team and building that trust they had at the end of last year. Plus you lost 3 seniors last year that had been through it. Now you have to find those guys again, the calming aspect of it all. Still excited for this team. Going to be a good year.

TVZ babbling again about nothing. Go worry about Texas and Herman's job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT