ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball vs. Stony Brook

I second that emotion of "Damn!"

WVU beat Stony Brook by 11.

Florida beat Stony Brook by 36!
Florida International beat Stony Brook by 33!
Eastern Washington beat Stony Brook by 29!
Bryant beat Stony Brook by 19.
Hell, even Brown beat Stony Brook by 11.

Surely WVU has more talent than Brown, Florida International, Eastern Washington and Bryant.

Disappointing performance. Big 12 licking its chops.

Silver linings in a dark, cloudy game:

18-21 85.7% free throw shooting by Huggins’ team.

Johnson, Toussaint and, of course, Stevenson in double figures.
Stevenson best all-phases player on team with his 3-point and jump shots, on-floor coaching ability, rebounding, free throws for the season. Erik has the total game.

Can’t mail it in against Big 12 and Auburn. Time to step up EVERY second of every game from tipoff to final horn!

Talent of 7 strangers is there. Can’t let up on offense and defense for one second, though.

Disappointing tonight. Lesson learned for 11 of remaining games against Top 25 teams, all but 1 in Big 12.

Time for chemistry and coordinated effort to go with all the individual talent that came to Morgantown because they wanted to play for Hall of Famer Bob Huggins.
Score comparison CFE always thinks it matters. What matters are actual wins but he is clueless.

Always someone who likes to toss barbs rather than exchange information about my belove alma mater. Merry Christmas, Scrooge!
You don't exchange information. You bring utter garbage, score comparisons and false statements.

Last edited:
He said something like "guys with significant minutes".

EDIT: Just pulled their roster up, there are a few transfers that did not play tonight.
I don't think the outcome would have changed. They only have 11 players on the roster 9 of them avg 20 minutes plus. It's not like they had nothing.

Their starting rotation all played

Tyler Stevenson-Moore 40 minutes (avg. 37.3)
Kaine Roberts 12 minutes (avg 21.6)
K. Fitzmorris 26 minutes (avg 25.9)
Policelli 33 minutes (avg 31.7)
Sarvan 28 minutes (avg 26.8)

From the bench
Muratori 6 minutes (avg 7.0)
Onyekonwu 28 minutes (avg 23.4)
Pettway 27 minutes (avg26.1)

Looks to me like their starters all played and only 1 who doesn't play a lot of minutes but played 13 games.

These two are the only two injured players.
Aaron Clarke 24.3 minute avg (has only played 3 games)
Jared Frey 25 minute avg (played 1 game)

Last edited:
SCARCASM NOTED. MERRY CHRISTMAS.
You as well! I think the team is obviously a work in progress. I like the pieces. We need more rebounding out of our post. If they can figure it out, we might be good. Either way, I think this team will be in it at the end of a lot of games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT