ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball vs. Auburn

Would love to put our foot on the throat of an opponent instead of hanging on. Best part was...

WVU 80 Auburn 77 all I care about.

Reactions: locustwv
Stevenson finally had a great game after being in a huge slump. Now need Tre Mitchell to wake up.

Reactions: locustwv
Why does Jimmy Bell only play good against the better competition?

Team is showing some signs of life. Have to keep progressing though to recover from start of conference swoon and maybe be a tournament team with a chance of going somewhere.

87% from the line. Out score them 2nd chance points and +4 in fast break points.
What were our FT's in the final 2 minutes? I remember K. Johnson missing front end of 1-and-1. And Stevenson missed his 2nd which gave Auburn a chance to tie.

It's not HOW MANY you make, but it is WHEN you make them that wins games. We must knock down our FT's in the final minutes of a close game.

I'm going to throw out an oldie comparison to Stevenson's game, especially his hot shooting from deep. Reminded me of Chris Leonard. Anyone remember him? Or am I showing my age somewhat?

Leonard is still one of my all-time favorites...
Mine too. I felt he was one of the earliest to run off a screen and do the catch-shoot, swinging his hips/legs around. He'd get called for a lot of fouls for "kicking his legs" while shooting today. :joy:

Last edited:
What were our FT's in the final 2 minutes? I remember K. Johnson missing front end of 1-and-1. And Stevenson missed his 2nd which gave Auburn a chance to tie.

It's not HOW MANY you make, but it is WHEN you make them that wins games. We must knock down our FT's in the final minutes of a close game.
6-8 final 5 minutes and 2-4 FG and 3 turnovers
Auburn 9 points 3-7 FG and 1-3 from line 2 turnovers.

Last edited:
Those two misses, in the final 90 seconds.
Those 2 pointers and layup plus 1 made foul shot by Auburn kept them in it. Makes it a close game. Difference between missed foul shots today was 5 point win instead of 3.

I'm going to throw out an oldie comparison to Stevenson's game, especially his hot shooting from deep. Reminded me of Chris Leonard. Anyone remember him? Or am I showing my age somewhat?
Showing your age 😂. I had to google him. I’m sure when I say Pittsnogle was my favorite, they will have to look him up lol.

Stevenson-basher are hiding in bushes in shame.
31 points, 7-10 on 3’s, 10-17 overall, 6 rebounds (2nd only to Bell’s 7), 4-5 in free throws, 3 assists, coach on floor directing traffic on offense and poor ol’ WVU knocks off #15 Auburn, 80-77.
Where are all the posters who wanted Erik on the bench at the opening tipoff?
Bell had good game, too, with 15 points although his paint defense still not above average.
WVU shot 84% at free throw line, despite Toussaint’s 1-5.
Auburn, unbeaten at 8-0 in SEC games, loses to a team ties for 8th in the Big 12 at 2-6.
Based on national rankings and place in conference standings, underdogs are 4-0 so far!
6 more games to go. Awesome day to watch Big 12 basketball!

Where are the guys that won the last game??? Where is Wilson?

FOR THE SEASON WILSON IS 7TH ON TEAM IN SCORING, 10TH IN REBOUNDING, 8TH IN BLOCKED SHOTS. HE PLAYED 1 MINUTE, HAD 2 PERSONAL FOULS AGAINST AUBURN. MAYBE HIS SCORING, REBOUNDING, BLOCKING SHOTS HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH PLAYING ONLY 1 MINUTE?

FOR THE SEASON WILSON IS 7TH ON TEAM IN SCORING, 10TH IN REBOUNDING, 8TH IN BLOCKED SHOTS. HE PLAYED 1 MINUTE, HAD 2 PERSONAL FOULS AGAINST AUBURN. MAYBE HIS SCORING, REBOUNDING, BLOCKING SHOTS HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH PLAYING ONLY 1 MINUTE?
Dumbass, those things you mentioned was reason he helped WIN the Texas Tech game.

Stevenson-basher are hiding in bushes in shame.
31 points, 7-10 on 3’s, 10-17 overall, 6 rebounds (2nd only to Bell’s 7), 4-5 in free throws, 3 assists, coach on floor directing traffic on offense and poor ol’ WVU knocks off #15 Auburn, 80-77.
Where are all the posters who wanted Erik on the bench at the opening tipoff?
Bell had good game, too, with 15 points although his paint defense still not above average.
WVU shot 84% at free throw line, despite Toussaint’s 1-5.
Auburn, unbeaten at 8-0 in SEC games, loses to a team ties for 8th in the Big 12 at 2-6.
Based on national rankings and place in conference standings, underdogs are 4-0 so far!
6 more games to go. Awesome day to watch Big 12 basketball!
You...CFE fake WVU grad...are a moron...and a stupid one to boot. We have had to endure your endless criticism of crotch grabbing Eric S as you call him. Now , idiot one , you try to come across as his biggest fan. You are such a Slobbering Joe. CFE = 🤡

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT