ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM West Virginia basketball parts ways with Harrison

Should would like to know why. Maybe it'll become public eventually. It's a puzzlement.
Highly unlikely to be disclosed. Coaches normally don't toss each other under the bus, for future employment opportunities. Just how things work.

My speculation is just from my observations. Huggs has been noticeably more hands-on during games since OK State. I've seen him walking up and down the sideline more than the past few years combined. He has a game-sheet in his hands. He's subbing some himself, not relying on the assistants. So that leads me to believe that he isn't pleased with what he has told his assistants to be doing, and has become more hands on, and probably after last night's game, Harrison wasn't none too happy about it and probably spoke his mind and it got him fired.

Things get heated in coaches meetings sometimes. I know. And if your team is struggling, all it takes is a pointed finger to escalate the situation beyond repair.

EDIT: Hearing that Huggs has stated that he didn't fire Harrison, so my speculation may be wrong. I'm guessing the new AD is beginning his purge.

Last edited:
Harrison was the one everyone was talking shit on the last couple years. Apparently he is the one running the practices or something, and he sucks at it which is obvious

ADVERTISEMENT