ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM West Virginia basketball big men Culver, Tshiebwe learning from one another

Someone is obsessed.

I have already said what I thought about this.
You need two bigs who are very versatile to do this. Usually want both to be able to pass. Both to have a 20+ foot jumper. Plus both the ability to guard the perimeter on switches.

I have a lot of respect for Bob Huggins as a coach.
If anyone would ask me what I thought about his program I would say that is a coach who you want to play for.
He is always there for his players and he teaches toughness not just on the floor but life.

Thinking I wondered over to a KU message board or a Tech message board...

It is almost August. Need to get through football and we can talk about basketball.

Interested in seeing WVU and how they perform in Cancun.
Will make my judgement then. I have no idea about how many wins WVU basketball will have this year.

According to you football season for WVU is already over. Tech will drop off to possibly 3 or 4. WVU will win more than in basketball. The toughest test in Cancun will be Witchita State even without Teddy. Now buzz off.

Football season is never over.

Especially this year because WV needs to get the pieces in place to make the team Neal Brown wants.

I agree with you about Wichita State.
That should be a good test for your guards

SICK starting five. Culver Oscar Haley Mathews and McCabe.

Just SICK.

Yeah they were really turning it on last year. Haley, McCabe, Mathews and Culver were all getting better every game individually and together. Add Oscar and it looks like a killer starting lineup. I cant imagine us not dominating the glass.

Betting that Harler still sees a lot of time on the court. Huggs likes his seniors. Hell I'd love to see him start making some shots. Always curious about the newcomers too and whether they make it into a ten man rotation. Oscar is a no-brainer, but who else gets significant PT? Routt will get some, Knapper?

I just hope Huggs can find five guys who will play together...as a team. Always think we have that until the season starts. However Huggs seems very high on teamwork and attitude with this group.

Betting that Harler still sees a lot of time on the court. Huggs likes his seniors. Hell I'd love to see him start making some shots. Always curious about the newcomers too and whether they make it into a ten man rotation. Oscar is a no-brainer, but who else gets significant PT? Routt will get some, Knapper?

If you'll notice Harlers minutes dropped off in Big 12 play. Until the injuries and booting of 2.

I wouldn't count Harler as a bad apple just yet.

I just want to see Harler come in sometimes and knock down a few 3s when we need them. That is a great role for him and Huggs is saying he is shooting great so far in camp. I definitely dont care if he handles the ball much but I dont think we will need him to this year. .

If you'll notice Harlers minutes dropped off in Big 12 play. Until the injuries and booting of 2.

I wouldn't count Harler as a bad apple just yet.
I don't count him as a bad apple. His form has always looked pretty good but the shots just don't fall. Hoping he gets it dialed in this year.

This is still a team that lost in the CBI, so although I think they have to be better - it would be hard to lose more than 21 games - I am optimistic and skeptical at the same time, and I don’t know if that is even possible. If Culver takes another step and Oscar is as good as advertised, we should improve but we still need ball handling improvement and better field goal percentage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT