ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball at TCU

Amazing how on one end, Stevenson hit no call........but quickly down court foul on WVU with same contact.

What we need is to put our five best offensive players on the court at same time. Screw their "positions". We go through these scoring droughts and it kills us. So what if we play horrible on defense, if we don't have but 1-2 offensive threats out there, we can't keep up with scoring and fall behind even more.

Stevenson
Wilson
Touissant
Mitchell
Matthews

Got to finish 5-4 to get in the NCAA tourney. With our SOS, going 7-11 in this league would put us as a 9-11 seed.

Sad thing is, this road game was there for us to win. Without their best player, and their best post player hurt.......but we decided to allow 20 layups.

Reactions: 1duluth1
Got to finish 5-4 to get in the NCAA tourney. With our SOS, going 7-11 in this league would put us as a 9-11 seed.

Sad thing is, this road game was there for us to win. Without their best player, and their best post player hurt.......but we decided to allow 20 layups.

If we get in, it’s gonna be like that time Gonzaga mercy ruled us in the first half. This team does not belong on a big stage.

Well that's what I get for letting a few decent games give me hope. Honestly it is shame on me at this point.
Had this one chalked up as a loss from start of season. But you would think they could beat a 1 legged Limpkin and a missing lead scorer Miles

Had this one chalked up as a loss from start of season. But you would think they could beat a 1 legged Limpkin and a missing lead scorer Miles
Agreed. I’m somewhere between the sky isn’t falling bc it was a B12 road game against a game TCU team and why was last years defense out there on the court? If we can’t find better effort than last night, it will be a long February.

Agreed. I’m somewhere between the sky isn’t falling bc it was a B12 road game against a game TCU team and why was last years defense out there on the court? If we can’t find better effort than last night, it will be a long February.
BUT.......this was one that we could have stolen on the road. We must win 100% of our remaining home games. There's no wiggle room at all. This game last night would allowed for some wiggle.

BUT.......this was one that we could have stolen on the road. We must win 100% of our remaining home games. There's no wiggle room at all. This game last night would allowed for some wiggle.
Who cares at this point? They've proven over and over again they don't belong in the tournament and certainly wouldn't come anywhere close to winning it.

Who cares at this point? They've proven over and over again they don't belong in the tournament and certainly wouldn't come anywhere close to winning it.
Excuse me for wanting to have a CHANCE to return to the NCAA tourney. Playing and losing versus not making it in is a BIG difference. If you don't understand this, then your competitiveness is lacking.

Reactions: WVUALLEN

With the last 3 games looking better and the disadvantages I had hoped maybe WVU was clawing back to having more than a Hail Mary chance of making post season noise.

This team has some very good wins on its resume. Do they have a bad loss? I’m not convinced they don’t belong in the field. That said, if they do make it, it is very likely they won’t go on a run bc if I could wrap all their problems into one basket, it would be inconsistency. Inconsistent effort, inconsistent free throw shooting, inconsistent ball security.

With the last 3 games looking better and the disadvantages I had hoped maybe WVU was clawing back to having more than a Hail Mary chance of making post season noise.
I think I would prefer NIT instead of losing first round of NCAA. They can still win their remaining home games but I don't see anymore road wins.

I think I would prefer NIT instead of losing first round of NCAA. They can still win their remaining home games but I don't see anymore road wins.
Not a lot of motivation for these seniors and transfers for a NIT run.

Now, if our team was full of freshman/sophomores, then I'd agree with you. The NIT would be better than a one-and-done NCAA bid.

Yes, road games are tough, but at some point a team has to win a few. The road conference record is nuts, we are 1-14 now I believe in the last 15? You had a team dealing with injuries to its 2 best players, coming off an L to a ho hum team with 2 days to figure out their new roles and rotations, and they easily handled us, holding the lead almost wire to wire.

Yes, road games are tough, but at some point a team has to win a few. The road conference record is nuts, we are 1-14 now I believe in the last 15? You had a team dealing with injuries to its 2 best players, coming off an L to a ho hum team with 2 days to figure out their new roles and rotations, and they easily handled us, holding the lead almost wire to wire.
You are not wrong.

The big man wasn't close to being their 2nd best player.

The big man wasn't close to being their 2nd best player.
That would be correct. Lampkin the limp limb is not close to their 2nd best player. I mean Bell dominated him the first meeting. For some reason Bell decided not to play. Could be he's sensitive. I hear the crowd got inside his head with nasty words and finger flipping. That and the ones pointing their fingers and yelling obscene words to his mother in the stands.

Christian schools. Such good students.

ADVERTISEMENT