ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball at Kansas State

I feel like this is gonna be a bubble team with lots of ups and downs. Have been so disinterested in WVU for the last few years, atleast the suspense of trying to grind out a tournament bid is better than nothing.
I said from before game #1 that we would be 8-10 in league play. I'll stick with that prediction. I can see it being as low as 6-12 if we don't clean up the sloppy play at times, but I think the ceiling is 11-7.

WVU will not be a bubble team unless they lose 11 conference games. An 8-10 in conference and one Big 12 tourney win and they'll be a 5 to 7 seed.

I’m not sure I see 8 wins in this conference after that performance. Not even sure I see 5. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe KState is much better than I think they are.

I’m not sure I see 8 wins in this conference after that performance. Not even sure I see 5. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe KState is much better than I think they are.
You're wrong. KSU is much better than you thought they were. After all they beat LSU like a drum as well.

Reactions: jlaudiomaster
Missed foul shots, noodle arm passes, weak attempts to catch the ball, etc. We would've beat them soundly if we played sound basketball the whole game, but we only did that part of the first half. Maybe next time.

You're wrong. KSU is much better than you thought they were. After all they beat LSU like a drum as well.
Basketball, football or table tennis you can count in Allen to explain that a loss to anybody is ok because the other team is soooooooo good. Predictable.

I figure we have to start out 2-2 to hold the pace necessary to make the dance. Split the road games and pull 1 home upset against KU or Baylor. The OK State game is a big one.

Reactions: wvpaper
Missed foul shots, noodle arm passes, weak attempts to catch the ball, etc. We would've beat them soundly if we played sound basketball the whole game, but we only did that part of the first half. Maybe next time.
First, KState missed a bunch of FT's too. So we can't use that as an excuse. And when playing on the road in the Big 12, if you are in the game in the end, then regardless how "bad" you might think it was, that's still good. And we were in it at the end. What needs to happen is go out and take care of OK State and not come back home 0-2.

Basketball, football or table tennis you can count in Allen to explain that a loss to anybody is ok because the other team is soooooooo good. Predictable.
Did you expect an unbeaten season? Take your bullshit and disappear like you do when WVU wins.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
First, KState missed a bunch of FT's too. So we can't use that as an excuse. And when playing on the road in the Big 12, if you are in the game in the end, then regardless how "bad" you might think it was, that's still good. And we were in it at the end. What needs to happen is go out and take care of OK State and not come back home 0-2.

There are no excuses for 22 turnovers.

First 10 minutes and last 5 minutes. Other than that, SHEW.

Being up 11 at the half was a golden opportunity to get a road conference win. We are going to wish we had this one back when seeding, or bubble debate, time comes. KSU is no slouch, but they are likely one of the more beatable teams on this slate and WVU had them on the ropes for half the game.

ADVERTISEMENT