ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball at Kansas State

I bet our win percentage is drastically lower when Kissinger is calling our games. That aside, will be a shame if we don’t win this very winnable away game.

Reactions: locustwv
I don’t want to hear Huggins say our guards play defense or that he’ll replace them when they don’t again this season. Way too many freaking layups.

I bet our win percentage is drastically lower when Kissinger is calling our games. That aside, will be a shame if we don’t win this very winnable away game.
Last year it was John Higgins. This year it's some guy named Kissinger. It's always the refs. You guys would really be screwed if they paired those two up in the same game.

Last year it was John Higgins. This year it's some guy named Kissinger. It's always the refs. You guys would really be screwed if they paired those two up in the same game.

You don’t watch much do you

We are trying hard to give them this game. Sucks to miss so many foul shots and other opportunities. We have a little over 3 minutes to figure it out or this will be a L. Down 3, lets go.

Higgins is always a problem against Kansas. Kissinger has been killing WVU for as long as I can remember. 10 minutes to review an obvious oob call against a wore out Gonzaga team was Kissinger’s most egregious hater moment

Reactions: jlaudiomaster
Missed FTs and Ksu quicker to the ball in second half.

And pitiful 1/2 court offense wo Stephenson

Live by the low post, die by the low post with this team. Huggins better adapt quick or we won’t see 5 more wins with our schedule.

Pathetic defense. Too much fouling. Too much stupid turnovers. Can't win on road like this.

EDIT: We still cannot defend the high-ball screen and roll. Teams have scouted that and exploiting it.

Half court offense terrible wo #10
Stevenson is a head case though. Late in game, I believe after Mitchell hit the three pointer, KState guy is under basket and surrounded by 3 WVU players, he ball fakes, goes up off balance, easy block shot.......nope.....Stevenson decides to swing his arm violently to try and block a shot that a high schooler could have blocked and then tries to cry his way out of being fouled out. He has to control his emotions or he won't do us any good in close games.

Reactions: wvpaper
Lots of problems. Half court o is the biggest. If the offense needs to run through Stephenson he has to be less agressive on d

Pathetic defense. Too much fouling. Too much stupid turnovers. Can't win on road like this.

EDIT: We still cannot defend the high-ball screen and roll. Teams have scouted that and exploiting it.
Kipp Kissinger always gurantees 30 fouls shots for both sides. He loves to blow.

Reactions: locustwv
Lots of problems. Half court o is the biggest. If the offense needs to run through Stephenson he has to be less agressive on d
Or here is an idea......how about we just run transition offense as much as possible? Instead of: walk it down court, dribble hand off.....dribble dribble handoff.......dribble dribble dribble dribble.......handoff......high screen, dribble dribble........

Watching this roster come together I figured the only chance it had to be good was pressing. Maybe Huggins banked on the kid that didn’t get cleared. Maybe he got enamored with the big tight end guy.

Anyways, now the only chance is they play much better at home. The road is going to be long and hard

I feel like this is gonna be a bubble team with lots of ups and downs. Have been so disinterested in WVU for the last few years, atleast the suspense of trying to grind out a tournament bid is better than nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT