ADVERTISEMENT

We're only one game out of 1st place in the best conference in the country

RichardPeterJohnson

All-American
Dec 7, 2010
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks Obama! We could actually win this league if some chips fall right. It's a long shot, but if we win our last 3 and Iowa State loses 2 (they play Baylor and Ok at home and KState and TCU away) then we'd finish with at least a piece of 1st place and probably win it outright. Pretty incredible that we're in this position given last year. Huggs has fixed it.

"Thanks Obama"
roll.r191677.gif
......now THAT is good.....tell you what....we've got a couple of freshmen guards who will be special...if this Ahmad kid we signed is any good next year could be real interesting...you dug out yet?

He was telling people last year, prior to the transfers out, that this

year was a final four team.

Makes you wonder if we hadn't had the transfers out how better they could be right now.

I was yelling last night though, those last couple minutes were painful. My 11 year old was certain we were going to win, but we've seen enough games to know it's not inconceivable for WVU to blow a win like that. Thank GOD that we were actually hitting free throws last night.

Waiting for the thaw. Haven't teed it up in over a month. I've been doing a lot of air swinging in the living room. Drives my wife nuts. She thinks I'm going to break something or hit one of the dogs. Silly girl. I'm ready.

Re: He was telling people last year, prior to the transfers out, that this

I'm of the mindset that the transfer outs are leading to the success we are having. Sure they were good shooters but they were not playing the complete game. And Harris tend to pout when Huggs pulled him. One thing I enjoy with this team, they all have bought in and I've yet to see 1 player get upset that they are coming out of the game. I love that!

Yeah, if they could have grown up and listened to Huggs, then this

team would be even better.

They just didn't believe him when he told them that they needed to work harder in the off season.

Guess who number 17 is..... It's not a joke.

box_g_airpac_cr_300x200.jpg

This post was edited on 2/25 10:16 AM by bornaneer

Re: He was telling people last year, prior to the transfers out, that this

Originally posted by Mntneer:
year was a final four team.

Makes you wonder if we hadn't had the transfers out how better they could be right now.

I was yelling last night though, those last couple minutes were painful. My 11 year old was certain we were going to win, but we've seen enough games to know it's not inconceivable for WVU to blow a win like that. Thank GOD that we were actually hitting free throws last night.
Oh, Lord knows I've looked at dozens of games in that way over the years.

But for a reason I can't quite explain, that was one game I honestly never thought we were in danger of losing. Not sure if it was because we were on our floor.......because I was conscious we were actually making foul shots (though we ended up shooting a better % than I probably realized.....or that Texas was missing in the second half much of what they made in the first. Regardless, a good solid win over a good (if underachieving) opponent.

BTW, for all the hand-wringing from the cryers as to how much better we'd be if the two better-shooting transfers were still on the team, it amazes me how little any of them seem willing to acknowledge how different this team would be if they weren't replaced with recruits who bought into the style this team is now winning with so completely

I'll take Carter and Miles any day over the two....

headcases who left. Carter and Miles both came from big time high school programs that prepared them well. They are a very good foundation going forward.

Absolutely. They also play for the team, and not for themselves.

Which is huge with this team.

Re: We're peaking at the right time

Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
I wish we had one more money shooter. I bet Huggs does too, but man this group is fun to watch.

We are SO good on defense.
I agree the group is fun to watch. But, we are "SO good" only with the press. We've lost when teams have beaten it, because until the last couple of games our half court defense had more holes than last winter's long johns. Hell, Texas shot something like 70 percent in the first half last night, and ended up shooting 52 percent for the game and 46 percent on 3-pointers.

I don't think people want to think about how close Mtneer's premonition came last night … nobody in their right mind would have predicted that this team would shoot 87 percent from the foul line, not when they came in ranked dead last in the league in free throws at just over 65 percent.

Re: Are you retarded? No, but

You have your nose so far up the black man's ass you are syphoning off some of his intelligence.

And, you are still stupid enough to associate a success of the state of WV with the idiot who is trying his damnedest to bury the state.

The audacity to ask any living being if they are retarded. You hardly have the intel quotient to inquire.

you're kidding right?

Originally posted by mneilmont:

You have your nose so far up the black man's ass you are syphoning off some of his intelligence.

And, you are still stupid enough to associate a success of the state of WV with the idiot who is trying his damnedest to bury the state.

The audacity to ask any living being if they are retarded. You hardly have the intel quotient to inquire.
there is a greater audacity here.

Re: ^^Retarded racist^^

He knows the buttons he is pushing. A few years standing. I do not respond to this the stupid ass hole unless he has made a direct assault on me.

to qualify a man's ass by the color of it

it only raises more questions about the origins of such qualifying comments. Have you ever said "that white man's ass..." when asking another person if their head was up it?

not sure how necessary such a qualification is. Maybe it is needed but I think there are enough contextual clues the ass is black or white without needing to stress it in conversation.

Re: to qualify a man's ass by the color of it

That is very informative. Thank you for your input in an ongoing struggle between myself and the triple prick. May I call upon you for future references in the subject of asses?

Re: You did in this very thread, racist

Triple prick has referred to the term "racist" again to trump all discussion. Except he has utilized the term so frequently that it has no meaning in his empty rhetoric.

Re: We're peaking at the right time

And there are two more pieces to be added in Watson and Billydee. Foul shooting is a lot like putting. Lock out everything but the vision of it going in. Also, it doesn't hurt to sink a hundred shots a day in practice. I suspect there has been a coach assigned to the practice to be sure mechanics are good. Huggs said he told Dax to raise his elbow to improve his shot. Has Huggs assigned himself the task of shot coaching. When they start falling, it becomes contagious.

Conner seemed to be the only one that was just a bit off last night. If he makes his normal 2 of 3, that adds to the cushion and a bit more impressive margin.

I am here to serve, like elsewhere, when an opinion on ass is requested.

Whose is the blackest: Me; you; triple prick; and of course Obama's?

Probably going into absurd now.

Winner of the most obtuse post of the day . . .

I don't know which is funnier--the passive-aggressive racial reference, or the fact you clearly don't recognize one of the most widely spread joke memes of the past couple years.

Re: Winner of the most obtuse post of the day . . .

Clearly we don't exist in the same world. What is passive and the joke memes of the past couple years. You also took sides a few years back when the two of us were exchanging family names. Could you be a follower of this blithering idiot?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT