ADVERTISEMENT

Well, we will be well rested for the NCAAs

Exactly, and heal-up a bit.

I think we'll be a tough out for most teams. Toward the end of the season, we proved we can effectively deal with big, strong athletic teams..that's one of the positives we can take from the UT and Baylor games.

This post was edited on 3/12 7:04 PM by Soaring Eagle 74

...and if we lose in the first round of The Dance you'll start a thread that goes like....

"Well, we will be well rested for next season"

Re: it could help if Nate is well rested.

Dr. Doom...........I ain't so dumb that I don't get what it is that you are trying to say! You are saying that the Mountaineers can take a nap if they want to .............right up until their first March Madness game. Yes............a nap might do them well. Now............I hope we take it out on a low level team in the first round and send them home with a hunnart point loss! Yes.........I hope the Mountaineers play Wofford in the first round.

Sometimes being well rested means it will take you a while to get back into the flow of things... kind of like teams that have a bye week in football and come out playing like crap because it takes them a while to get back up to game speed.

Heard Huggs say the other day it's not a good thing to rest that long.
t173.r191677.gif

While I agree the rest is good, and need to look forward to the MM, It would have been nice to get Staten in there for at least one game beforehand...LGM.

Looks like we go with the hand that is dealt us. If Srs play, they will have some rust. If Srs do not play, that takes us out of our strength the press. Will have to rely on Huggs to give us the best chance to win. Hopefully Billyd will work his ass of this week and Huggs allows him to contribute more. He is both shooting and rebounding at this point. Maybe not as well as Huggs imagines. Work, work, work.

lol.. I think his exact words were "I'm not sure that's a good thing." in reference to an early exit. Guess that can go either way.
confused0024.r191677.gif

While losing is never a "good thing" it does allow Staten and Browne to get back to our facility for a higher-level of medical treatments that could be rendered at the Tournament site.

WVU is NOT a team you want to meet in the NCAA

Originally posted by LowFatMilk:

...and if we lose in the first round of The Dance you'll start a thread that goes like....

particularly in the 2nd game of that week when you have only one day to prepare for Press Virginia.

CUYAHOGA FALLS EERS

No one is saying losing is good. He, like I pointed out, sees a positive in getting 2 starters practicing with the team and getting his players some rest before the big dance.

But hey, why let facts interrupt your opportunity to prove you're a dick!

News flash, we all know you're a dick by now.

Re: WVU is NOT a team you want to meet in the NCAA

Originally posted by Tallmadgeers:

Originally posted by LowFatMilk:

particularly in the 2nd game of that week when you have only one day to prepare for Press Virginia.

CUYAHOGA FALLS EERS
I completely agree.

Matter of fact, I (almost) expect WVU to end up as a Sweet 16 team.

I think the extra rest IS good for us. But Huggs said in the post-game - after Ok. State - that he wasn't sure the extra rest (with an early B12 tourney loss) was a good thing. He went on to say that when we went to the Final Four, he thinks in hindsight that part of the problem was that he gave the team 2 days off after their elite 8 win. I never can tell if he says those things being facetious or serious. lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT