ADVERTISEMENT

Well...it's now official.. opioids...

lenny4wvu

All-Conference
Gold Member
May 17, 2009
Indiana
My daughter OD'd last night and is in accoma. She's on a ventilator in ICU. She's only 30 years old,and had a pretty rough social life. I'm just kinda "hollow" right now. I've been praying for her life to come together,by ANY MEANS NECESSARY.. So I suppose I had this coming. We haven't seen eye to eye lately, and her last text to me will haunt me the rest of my days,(if she doesn't come out of this 100%). I want to cry so bad,but the Holy Spirit,is keeping me strong and upright for such a time as this. Our faith is sustaining us,as we entrust our Lord to visit her, while she recovers. We love our fellow Mountaineer family with all the Ol' Gold and Blue that courses through our veins. Thoughts and prayers for our eldest daughter would be super greatly appreciated. Her name is Cassie. Faithfully Yours, L.C. & Family

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
My daughter OD'd last night and is in accoma. She's on a ventilator in ICU. She's only 30 years old,and had a pretty rough social life. I'm just kinda "hollow" right now. I've been praying for her life to come together,by ANY MEANS NECESSARY.. So I suppose I had this coming. We haven't seen eye to eye lately, and her last text to me will haunt me the rest of my days,(if she doesn't come out of this 100%). I want to cry so bad,but the Holy Spirit,is keeping me strong and upright for such a time as this. Our faith is sustaining us,as we entrust our Lord to visit her, while she recovers. We love our fellow Mountaineer family with all the Ol' Gold and Blue that courses through our veins. Thoughts and prayers for our eldest daughter would be super greatly appreciated. Her name is Cassie. Faithfully Yours, L.C. & Family
Praying for Cassie..

Stay strong, prayers.

Prayers to your family !

Awful disease. Sorry to hear.

done...those damn things have ruined more than one life....praying your daughter comes out of this and rights the ship

Thoughts and prayers.

Well, Lennie I just cried for you. I wish you and your family strength thru this terrible ordeal. This is but one battle, in what I view as the longest and roughest war mankind has ever fought.

Reactions: roadtrasheer

Lenny, I hope your daughter has improved. Best wishes to you and your family.

I just opened this thread for the first time. Very sorry to hear this news. Nothing but my best for your family.

I hate to here that Lenny, I really do. I've got a half-sister in an adult care home from multiple drug addictions, including heroin and cocaine. I hate those f'ing white powders. She's aware of what's going on, but she can't function. Can't even feed herself.

Opioids hit hard here in roughly 2010 when a drug that went by the trade name of "Opana" showed up in large quantities. It made oxycontin look like light beer. I don't know how many kids my two younger daughters went to school with have died due to various pain killers and fentanyl laced heroin? If the opioid in that pill you're crushing to shoot up doesn't get you, the Tylenol in most of them ruin your liver in short order

I remember all the guys I knew who went to Vietnam when I was young and got strung out that pure "China White". Now it's their grandkids. It's a terrible cycle.

OMG, I can't imagine the pain you must feel, just said a prayer for ya, this shit is meaningless on here compared to real life like you are dealing with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT