ADVERTISEMENT

Week 2Pick’m

3xWVUenginEER

All-Conference
Dec 7, 2005
Week 2 Pick’m

Games are not the best but at least we have ball. Hopefully none of these games get cancelled

Tie breaker is total points scored in The U @ the Vile!

12 Noon
ACCN Cuse @ North Korea
ABC. Navy @ Tulane
FOX. Houston @ Baylor
ESPN3. BC @ Duke

1:30
CBSSN. Appy State @ Marshall

3:30
ABC. UCF @ GA Tech

7:30
ABC. The U @ The VILE (year I left the L out)
Espn2. LA tech @ Southern Miss
ESPNU. TX State @ U of LA-Monroe

8:00
ACCN. Wake @ NC State

LONG LIVE BALL!

Week 2 Pick’m

My picks

12 Noon
ACCN North Korea
ABC. Navy
FOX. Baylor
ESPN3. Duke

1:30
CBSSN. Appy State

ABC. UCF

ABC. The U (52)
Espn2. LA tech
ESPNU. TX State

ACCN. Wake

Well so far my picks have tested positive for Covid 19.

sPitti
Tulane
Houston (major upset for Dana)
Duke
Appy State (this was a tough pick I know Marshall is good enough I just don't like em.)
UCF
Miami (ugly game) - TP 47
LA Tech
TX State
Wake (Gibby's 3-3-5 makes all offenses look good)

Pittsburgh over Syracuse
Tulane over Navy
Baylor over Houston
Duke over Boston College
Marshall over Appalachian State
Central Florida over Georgia Tech
Louisville over Miami, Florida (60 Points)
Louisiana Tech over Southern Mississippi
UL Monroe over Texas State
NC State over Wake Forest

Pitt
Tulane
Houston
Duke
App St
Central Florida
Miami,Fl. (55 points)
Southern Miss
Texas State
NC State

Pittsburgh over Syracuse
Navy over Tulane
Baylor over Houston
Duke over Boston College
Appy State over Marshall
GT over Central Florida
Louisville over Miami, Florida (51 points)
Louisiana Tech over Southern Mississippi
UL Monroe over Texas State
NC State over Wake Forest

Well I don’t know there’s another game to put in it’s spot and even if so I doubt we’d get everybody to make a replacement pick on that game in time anyways.

I was looking Fwd to watching that game too. I wanted to see Baylor without Matt Rhule and the Golden Horseshoe he had up his backside as well as Dana with DEric King (now at Miami).

AND Let say Next Weeks Pickm looks Gooooooood! There are actually some good games (on paper). No thanks to the B1G!

Reactions: torontoeers
Week 2 Pick’m

12 Noon
ACCN North Korea
ABC. Navy came back from 24-0 at the half to win 27-24—WOW—Discipline matters
FOX. Houston @ Baylor. Coronavirus delayed
ESPN3. BC 26 @ Duke 6. Yeah Duke officially SUCKS again

3:30 on CBS not CBSN
The other Mountaineers LOSE @ Marshall

ABC. UCF over GA Tech 42-21 with about 5 left. It’s over

ABC. The U @ The VILE (year I left the L out)
Espn2. LA tech @ Southern Miss
ESPNU. TX State @ U of LA-Monroe

ACCN. Wake @ NC State

LONG LIVE BALL!

Last edited:
Well I don’t know there’s another game to put in it’s spot and even if so I doubt we’d get everybody to make a replacement pick on that game in time anyways.

I was looking Fwd to watching that game too. I wanted to see Baylor without Matt Rhule and the Golden Horseshoe he had up his backside as well as Dana with DEric King (now at Miami).

AND Let say Next Weeks Pickm looks Gooooooood! There are actually some good games (on paper). No thanks to the B1G!
I LOVE college ball, but when Ga Tech is the feature 3.30 game two weeks in a row it's painful. This makes me realize one thing, all the asshats that want us in ACC can go toss off. It's terrible football all around. At least these two tonight in Looville may save the week entertainment wise. I am so looking forward to big boy football next weekend....

Hate to say it but Marshall may very well have a good team this year. Solid win for The Herd today over real competition.
I do not believe you can say anyone is good yet. Normally you can’t say someone is good or bad til October. It’s 2 games and it’s really crazy without a full house stadium & no road games. I will give Marshall credit they played well early to get a decent start but their qb was very very lucky he didn’t have 2 picks in the 1st qtr alone. He threw up some lame ducks cross his body & the field—-RS Freshman move. Give em credit they ruin Pickm for me on that one.

I LOVE college ball, but when Ga Tech is the feature 3.30 game two weeks in a row it's painful. This makes me realize one thing, all the asshats that want us in ACC can go toss off. It's terrible football all around. At least these two tonight in Looville may save the week entertainment wise. I am so looking forward to big boy football next weekend....
Post of the day!

I do not believe you can say anyone is good yet. Normally you can’t say someone is good or bad til October. It’s 2 games and it’s really crazy without a full house stadium & no road games
The operative word was MAY! Of course it is early and their first game was a scrimmage, as was ours, but Appy was ranked 23rd and they beat them handily even with glaring mistakes.

That said, one would suppose that without the B1G and PAC the football rankings gene pool is very thin to have Appy, Pitt and the like as ranked teams having done nearly nothing to earn it.

That’s fair I didn’t see may.

I think the value of home field advantage is gonna be unlike any other year. It’s gonna be different. Remember in the old Big East days how sometimes playing at the Vet vs Temple was hard & not just cause fans got mugged in the restroom. I mean it was so quiet that visiting teams could have trouble. It was a quiet home field advantage through portions of the game.

And I think the opposite will be true for the places where it means something. Last week at both Iowa State and K State they lose to schools that don’t in hostile environments on the road.

I think there’s gonna be some surprises this season. Tulsa played Ok State tough today and Navy scores 27 straight @ Tulane to win 27-24. It’s gonna be wild.

Last edited:
Week 2 Pick’m

12 Noon
ACCN North Korea
ABC. Navy came back from 24-0 at the half to win 27-24—WOW—Discipline matters
FOX. Houston @ Baylor. Coronavirus delayed
ESPN3. BC 26 @ Duke 6. Yeah Duke officially SUCKS again

3:30 on CBS not CBSN
The other Mountaineers LOSE @ Marshall

ABC. UCF over GA Tech 42-21 with about 5 left. It’s over

ABC. The U ——it’s 47-27 with 5 left so it’s 74 and counting
Espn2. LA tech —-what a comeback
ESPNU. TX State

ACCN. NC State Bad defense and still poor offense to make up for it

LONG LIVE BALL!

Last edited:
The U made Loserville look like a high school team in 3rd Q

Marshall finally beats the mountaineers. Oh wait wrong ones though,

Hey expat. Wake up and do your job. It’s almost 8am.

Just kidding buddy
Hey! It's tough to do even basic math on a Sunday morning without a couple of cups of coffee first. ;)

Anyway, with the Houston/Baylor scratch - which sounds like some kind of STD - we only had 9 games this week. And the winner with 6 correct picks is Fearless Leader, @3xWVUenginEER . Multiple players tied at 5, but we didn't even need the tie-breaker this week. The Navy pick was what made the difference. Here's the rest of the numbers:

PLAYER NAME CORRECT WEEK 2 CORRECTYTD YTD/WIN %
3XWVU
6​
13​
68%
TORONTO
5​
5​
26%
FALLRUN
4​
11​
58%
SKYHAWKBALL
5​
12​
63%
ALLEN
5​
12​
63%
MICHHERD
5​
12​
63%
CHRISWV
4​
11​
58%
EXPAT
5​
12​
63%
SER. PRATT
4​
4​
21%

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I was just joking bud

I’m shocked that 6-3 wins this week too. I thought someone would beat that too. Thank you Navy for not quitting & LA Tech for playing til the end-otherwise I’m 4-5.

I’ll have next week’s Pickm out by tomorrow. Glancing at it from a few days ago it looks better. Still F that B1G conference (11 of the 14 anyway) for cancelling/delaying on 8/11.

Long live ball!

Isn't Big 10 starting up on October 24th and only playing 8 games? They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as playoffs.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
I was just joking bud

I’m shocked that 6-3 wins this week too. I thought someone would beat that too. Thank you Navy for not quitting & LA Tech for playing til the end-otherwise I’m 4-5.

I’ll have next week’s Pickm out by tomorrow. Glancing at it from a few days ago it looks better. Still F that B1G conference (11 of the 14 anyway) for cancelling/delaying on 8/11.

Long live ball!
That Navy pick ....a damn good one. Congrats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT