ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1? espn's Chatmon: West Virginia 34, Missouri 31

pressvirginia

All-Conference
Gold Member
May 23, 2015
West Virginia 34, Missouri 31: Milan Puskar Stadium plays a major role as the Mountaineers get their season started with a quality win over the Tigers. Mountaineers running back Rushel Shell is the star of the show with 125 rushing yards and a pair of touchdowns.

Putting up 34 on Missouri's defense assuming it returns much anything would be promising. If Missouri scores 31 at Mountaineer Field could be a tough year coming, but I'll take a W however.

Big opening week for 4/10 of the conference:

'Eers vs Tigers
Oklahoma at Houston in Texans stadium
K-State at Stanford
Texas vs Notre Dame

League favorite OU with a tough test to begin. K-State has the hardest match-up. Pressure on Strong to win home opener. Not too far off we'll have answers & football back.

West Virginia 34, Missouri 31: Milan Puskar Stadium plays a major role as the Mountaineers get their season started with a quality win over the Tigers. Mountaineers running back Rushel Shell is the star of the show with 125 rushing yards and a pair of touchdowns.

Putting up 34 on Missouri's defense assuming it returns much anything would be promising. If Missouri scores 31 at Mountaineer Field could be a tough year coming, but I'll take a W however.

'Eers vs Tigers
K-State at Stanford
Texas vs Notre Dame

League favorite OU with a tough test to begin. K-State has the hardest match-up. Pressure on Strong to win home opener. Not too far off we'll have answers & football back.
I like your comments. I think we throw another TD on there to make it 41-31.

Agree. And I don't think Mizzou scores more than 17, maybe 21. If the Mountaineers score the suggested 41 I think the big test will be BYU on the neutral field. That'll be the big tell.

It's technically a neutral field game... ...but really, WVU fans should dominate in attendance.

Largest Mormon Temple outside of Utah is in Washington, DC. Don't bet on a home field advantage just because of the distance between the two campuses.

Didn't know that tidbit. Looked it up....looks like their version of Disney World.

Isn't L.A. Temple larger than DC?

By square footage yes, but LA only has 4 ordinance room (6 in DC) and 10 sealing rooms (14 in DC). I have no clue what those are, but DC touts those numbers as being a big deal and in the style of the temple in SLC.

Plus it is in the nation's capitol, a bigger deal, I guess.

Last edited:

'Eers vs Tigers
K-State at Stanford
Texas vs Notre Dame

The pundits know we'll have firepower but also know we graduated a lot of talent on defense. I agree with 34 points, but think the D will be better than many will think.

West Virginia 34
Missouri 17

That's what's so great about boards like this... People opining about BYU when they don't know they have a new coaching staff and know little to nothing about any of their players

If Missouri scores more than 14 points then WV is in for a long season. You may even get beat by KU again. Missouri could not score a TD for a number of quarters last year. I don't see MU being any better on offensive. You better beat Misery and beat them badly. I would love to see the final score WV 52 Misery 10.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
By square footage yes, but LA only has 4 ordinance room (6 in DC) and 10 sealing rooms (14 in DC). I have no clue what those are, but DC touts those numbers as being a big deal and in the style of the temple in SLC.

Plus it is in the nation's capitol, a bigger deal, I guess.

Do you the special underwear?

On the first weekend, given that this will not be one of Snyder's best teams, Kansas State struggles at Stanford. Oklahoma gets by Houston but Texas loses big to Notre Dame - starting the beginning of the end for Coach Strong.

If Missouri scores 31...win or lose...look out for the season.

Sorry ... but I won't conclusively judge a rebuilt defense on its first outing which will be against a quality opponent. Teams can improve over a season, right? Unless decimated by injuries I would hope that the defense that takes the field by game 6-7 has shown improvement over the defense that comes out in game one. And sometimes defenses show the most improvement in the last 1/3 of a season.

Each season is its own story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT