ADVERTISEMENT

We knew it was coming...

bornaneer

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2014
NBC:
A drastic rise in hate speech on Twitter happened just hours after it was officially acquired by billionaire and Tesla CEO Elon Musk.

“The immediate increase appears to be around 500%,” said Dr. Bond Benton about the percentage increase in hate speech in the first hours of Musk taking over.

Benton is a professor at Montclair University in New Jersey and recently co-authored a white paper claiming that in the first 12 hours of Musk taking over as CEO of the company, in which he tweeted “Free the bird,” a range of hate speech terms skyrocketed on the site.

Benton did not specify the terms, only saying they were vulgar and hostile towards race, religion, and ethnicity.

Musk tweeted there’s been no changes to Twitter’s moderation policies and that he’s forming a “moderation council” with differing viewpoints.

• Haha
Reactions: Christian96
Just another education system lib wanting to shut down any idea's with which they don't agree..

A two-decade partnership between Musk and the federal government helped the United States return to global dominance in space and shift to electric cars, and made the tech geek an internationally famous CEO.

But many in Washington, even as they praise his work in areas of national security, now see Musk as too powerful and too reckless.

Citing Musk's public ridicule of those who snub him — the billionaire has called President Biden a "damp sock puppet" and said Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) reminds him of "my friend's angry mom" — many of the two dozen top government officials interviewed for this article would only speak about Musk on the condition of anonymity.

A two-decade partnership between Musk and the federal government helped the United States return to global dominance in space and shift to electric cars, and made the tech geek an internationally famous CEO.

But many in Washington, even as they praise his work in areas of national security, now see Musk as too powerful and too reckless.

Citing Musk's public ridicule of those who snub him — the billionaire has called President Biden a "damp sock puppet" and said Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) reminds him of "my friend's angry mom" — many of the two dozen top government officials interviewed for this article would only speak about Musk on the condition of anonymity.
“Too powerful and too reckless”. That’s funny. I thought of the DOJ

Reactions: bornaneer
NBC:
A drastic rise in hate speech on Twitter happened just hours after it was officially acquired by billionaire and Tesla CEO Elon Musk.

“The immediate increase appears to be around 500%,” said Dr. Bond Benton about the percentage increase in hate speech in the first hours of Musk taking over.

Benton is a professor at Montclair University in New Jersey and recently co-authored a white paper claiming that in the first 12 hours of Musk taking over as CEO of the company, in which he tweeted “Free the bird,” a range of hate speech terms skyrocketed on the site.

Benton did not specify the terms, only saying they were vulgar and hostile towards race, religion, and ethnicity.

Musk tweeted there’s been no changes to Twitter’s moderation policies and that he’s forming a “moderation council” with differing viewpoints.
Cause and effect, no surprise.

and problem fixed...

$8/month for a blue star...

17facaf21f03bbfc.png

Reactions: Brushy Bill
It's complete BS. 50k instances by about 300 users and most the user accounts were bots.

It was staged to create an uproar and to convince morons like moe that Musk is evil.

You are a got damn clown puppet
Yep, this information was out yesterday.

Confused OP......laughable......your'e the one that's confused. I just knew what was coming....like I always do.
And...Musk is NOT getting picked on....in fact he is dishing it out....I guess you missed the latest on how Twitter CORRECTED some lies that the White House put out ......The White House had to remove the fukin lies.

Confused OP......laughable......your'e the one that's confused. I just knew what was coming....like I always do.
And...Musk is NOT getting picked on....in fact he is dishing it out....I guess you missed the latest on how Twitter CORRECTED some lies that the White House put out ......The White House had to remove the fukin lies.
I tried to help you but no luck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT